@mageever
@zak-smith
@yhm_kevin
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
KAC M4QD
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:08:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I know there is one for dual-lok since I was looking at those muzzle devices the other day.  https://www.griffinarmament.com/dual-lok-otb-bayonet-flash-hider-5-56mm-1-2x28/
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAC M4QD
View Quote

Haha I specifically didn’t tag the KAC guys. Too rich for my blood
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 11:03:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I know there is one for dual-lok since I was looking at those muzzle devices the other day.  https://www.griffinarmament.com/dual-lok-otb-bayonet-flash-hider-5-56mm-1-2x28/
View Quote

Oh that’s interesting
I have zero desire for a new dual lok but if Griffin were to do a sprint run of Taper mounts that was bayo compatible I’d buy one in a heartbeat
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Oh that’s interesting
I have zero desire for a new dual lok but if Griffin were to do a sprint run of Taper mounts that was bayo compatible I’d buy one in a heartbeat
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh that’s interesting

Just took some looking around, its another one of the OTB ones: https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-otb-bayonet-flash-hider-5-56mm-1-2x28/
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 10:21:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Just took some looking around, its another one of the OTB ones: https://www.griffinarmament.com/taper-mount-otb-bayonet-flash-hider-5-56mm-1-2x28/
View Quote

Holy cow!
@green0 can you help me confirm if this is a “drop in” solution for for a 16” ballistic advantage midlength upper?
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Holy cow!
@green0 can you help me confirm if this is a “drop in” solution for for a 16” ballistic advantage midlength upper?
View Quote

In the text it says 14.5" govt profile M4 barrel, so do you have a lug same distance away?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 12:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I can confirm most keymo muzzle devices will not work with standard USGI barrel lengths, 20 inch, 14.5 etc...

The Keymo taper interferes.  You would need a non USGI barrel legnth or FSB location.  13.7 maybe? They can work if you have a barrel length and or gas port/A2 FSB location that positions the bayo in the right spot. Jmac used to offer a 4 port brake that sleeved over the barrel some and indexed off the muzzle.  That might work too since it moves the taper back some.  Maybe email and ask them? Best of luck sorting it out.

Link Posted: 9/30/2022 12:55:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I can confirm most keymo muzzle devices will not work with standard USGI barrel lengths, 20 inch, 14.5 etc...

The Keymo taper interferes.  You would need a non USGI barrel legnth or FSB location.  13.7 maybe? They can work if you have a barrel length and or gas port/A2 FSB location that positions the bayo in the right spot. Jmac used to offer a 4 port brake that sleeved over the barrel some and indexed off the muzzle.  That might work too since it moves the taper back some.  Maybe email and ask them? Best of luck sorting it out.

https://i.imgur.com/0fRJO9lm.jpg
View Quote

Sweet feedback
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We make the bayonet mounts in single port brakes

The single port brakes will help flash suppression and noise suppression of the mounted cans remain more optimal.
View Quote

This isn’t coming up via search on your webstore
Got a link?
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.griffinarmament.com/dual-lok-otb-bayonet-micro-brake-5-56mm-1-2x28/

The other page for the taper mount version hasn't been made, this one wasn't listed because the marketing department wasn't sure of pricing.  I didn't have a discussion about pricing, I just made the page visible.  I think the pricing might be solid where that's at.

This stuff is always odd, because I work on stuff months and months before it ever shows up, and sometimes people don't know about it, or know about it and don't carry it through, so it doesn't get completed to the simple point of "Showing up", even though its here and ready to ship.
View Quote

I can wait on the taper version of the webpage
My followup question would be “added length” on the brake vs flash hider to minimize the concern of hitting the blast baffle in certain cans. Please and thank you
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:11:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hey I'm sorry for the bad news, someone reported to me that the taper mount bayonet brakes ONLY are waiting for shipment to PVD coating.  They will probably be a month, and cost $119.95 MSRP.

I think OAL is ~2.4" on that model.
View Quote

A month is fine, I can wait
Help with with the math - OAL is irrelevant right? Since it’s slightly OTB? The measurement in question would be added length in front of the… the taper? The threads? It’s probably a big ask but a photo of the OTB and a regular brake/FH both mounted on barrels seems like a dummy resistant way to show customers the reality
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The relevant dimension is distance to the blast baffle in the suppressor that needs to be compatible.  That's where the OAL of the muzzle device can provide interference of fit.  Otherwise the 2.5" dual lok bayonet flash suppressor for example, is shorter than an A2 compensator in the mounted configuration by about .12"

I don't have a hosting platform for photos and my photos would suck.  Brooke at Griffin is a photographer and has a hosting platform.
View Quote

Gotcha
Well let’s followup when these taper brakes go to a retailer, I’ve got a naked muzzle host waiting
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#18]
@griffin_armament
Are the taper mount bayonet mounts (brake or FH) at distributors yet? Any tips what shops have them?
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#20]
This is 2022, why don't we have sharpened suppressors that double as bayonets yet??
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This is 2022, why don't we have sharpened suppressors that double as bayonets yet??
View Quote

I’m not drunk enough for this, hang-on
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:18:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Sorry no action yet.  It was a military thing we are selling to whoever has money.

I think the brakes are cool for consumers where bfa’s and bore sight collimators don’t matter so much.
View Quote

Ok
Holding out for a small BF webstore sale lol
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/1/2022 11:14:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Griffin flash hider
OKC3S

Attachment Attached File

Bayo handle definitely binds against the edge of the taper mount

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top