[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like the III and the III+ are 0.8" thick and the IV is 1.1"
View Quote

Yeah,  it measured about 15/16"
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve been on the fence about these for a while, finally pulled the trigger yesterday after getting the in-stock notification and to my surprise just got a tracking number a few minutes ago.

As fast as these sell, they have to raise price on them soon. I’ll be surprised if they don’t go up to $119ea before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I’ve been on the fence about these for a while, finally pulled the trigger yesterday after getting the in-stock notification and to my surprise just got a tracking number a few minutes ago.

As fast as these sell, they have to raise price on them soon. I’ll be surprised if they don’t go up to $119ea before the end of the year.
View Quote

I just purchased a second set. These plates are unbeatable at this price.

For anyone not aware there are some new videos on youtube of people testing these current production level IV plates and they are performing as advertised.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll see your $119 and raise you.  I bet they jump to $140-ish soon.  However, that's just comparing them to the rest of the budget level IV market.  However, I have no clue how Botach does things price-wise.  

I do know that I saw the bargain and FO'd big time to the point where I have spare sets I don't even have PC's for yet.  Plus on the political level, the BG's  seem to be smartening up and stocking up and the libs know not at many BG's will be able to afford them compared to GG's, so expect significant attempts at legislation in the next 1-10 years.  

Plus thinking about it logically, if/when the patriots do take a stand, most will be armed to the teeth and many will have plates on.  Makes for a MUCH harder enemy to fight compared to unarmed and unarmored.....and the politicians can't have that now can they?  

Market/Black Market prices could go through the roof!
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 2:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll see your $119 and raise you.  I bet they jump to $140-ish soon.  However, that's just comparing them to the rest of the budget level IV market.  However, I have no clue how Botach does things price-wise.  

I do know that I saw the bargain and FO'd big time to the point where I have spare sets I don't even have PC's for yet.  Plus on the political level, the BG's  seem to be smartening up and stocking up and the libs know not at many BG's will be able to afford them compared to GG's, so expect significant attempts at legislation in the next 1-10 years.  

Plus thinking about it logically, if/when the patriots do take a stand, most will be armed to the teeth and many will have plates on.  Makes for a MUCH harder enemy to fight compared to unarmed and unarmored.....and the politicians can't have that now can they?  

Market/Black Market prices could go through the roof!
View Quote

I certainly wouldn’t bet against $140’ish BUT having some experience with pricing, albeit in a different industry, and based on what I know about how Botach operates and tries to position themselves, I think $120’ish is more likely. Anywhere up to $150 would be very reasonable though.

Anyone else on the fence, I’d urge you to pounce while they’re still $99 ($230/pr shipped in my case).
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#6]
So I ordered two of the 6x6 lvl3 side plates to go with the lvl4 multicurve ( https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-6x6-ballistic-plates-1/ ) over the labor day weekend sale, but now see they have curved side plates ( https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-6x6-curved-ballistic-plates/ )

The only difference i can find between them other than the curve is that they list the flat plate as made in usa from imported materials but the curved one as imported.

Will straight side plates totally suck?
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Finally got shipping tracking number !
Ordered in July.
Looks like mine will be here in a week or so.
They must have just got in a big shipment,.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 12:49:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So I ordered two of the 6x6 lvl3 side plates to go with the lvl4 multicurve ( https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-6x6-ballistic-plates-1/ ) over the labor day weekend sale, but now see they have curved side plates ( https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iii-6x6-curved-ballistic-plates/ )

The only difference i can find between them other than the curve is that they list the flat plate as made in usa from imported materials but the curved one as imported.

Will straight side plates totally suck?
View Quote

Kinda curious about the curved side plates.  If you don't mind, could you please post some pics of what they look like from different angles?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered a pair of the 3.5lb lvl3 polyethylene plates 9/3, received yesterday 9/14.

Overall pretty happy with them. Form factor is slightly different from the lvl4. These are single curve(vs the multicurve lvl4) and the curve is more gradual, lending to a slightly wider footprint.

For $200 shipped still a deal though
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 10:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Well seeing as how the $99 level 4s were in stock that was cheap enough for an impulse buy. Here's to hoping I don't get botached.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Welp, ordered a set of Level IV’s last night and got the shipping notification at 1300hrs next day. We’ll see if the package moves at all by the end of the day. Much thanks to everyone here for the info, I’m upgrading from some AR500 level III+’s and looking to drop a few pounds off my PC.

Edit: they actually did ship from Las Vegas; en route by Tuesday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#12]
For anybody who ordered theirs while Botach had em in stock. If you want them to ship it just cancel your order.

I saw the LAPGs come in stock last night and I ordered some of those and sent an email to Botach to cancel the order and I had tracking email this morning.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Ordered my second set today. Bought a set a couple months ago when they were on pre-sale. Took about 35 days to get them shipped out.

Purchased set number two this morning and already have a tracking number.

These plates, at $99, are too good to not set up a “truck PC”. Problem is now I need a new PC, chest rig/placard, IFAK, etc hahaha.

I can hear it now...”but the plates were only $99 each babe!”
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ordered my second set today. Bought a set a couple months ago when they were on pre-sale. Took about 35 days to get them shipped out.

Purchased set number two this morning and already have a tracking number.

These plates, at $99, are too good to not set up a “truck PC”. Problem is now I need a new PC, chest rig/placard, IFAK, etc hahaha.

I can hear it now...”but the plates were only $99 each babe!”
View Quote

Agreed. I already have a set of III+ plates for my PC and shipped IV's to my son. At this price it just makes sense to have a set put back for spares/friends so ordered another set of IV's today.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Just received mine today. Ordered on Monday. They look great. I have yet to be truly Botach'd. Knock on wood.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Ordered last night, got the tracking number this morning. But we all know Botach is going to let it sit in the warehouse for a week, just because.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:37:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ordered last night, got the tracking number this morning. But we all know Botach is going to let it sit in the warehouse for a week, just because.....
View Quote

Ordered yesterday afternoon, received tracking number this morning. My first order took 3 weeks from order to actual shipping. Second order for my son took 2 days from order to actual shipping.
So far I'm not doing too badly, let's see if UPS picks this up today or next week sometime (fingers crossed!).

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Ordered August 27th, received today (9/18). It "shipped" 9/11, wasn't actually in UPS hands until 15th or 16th.

Level IV's are indeed multicurve. Not quite as aggressive a multicurve as some manufacturers I'm sure, but way more curved and ergonomic than I was expecting. These went into LBT's new QRC V2 and fit into the plate pocket very nicely, without a lot of excess wiggle room. I slid some botach IIIa soft armor in as plate backers and it was definitely a more tight fit with the combination.

For those asking about the multicurve III side plates, I received a pair of those as well. Unfortunately I'm kind of a moron with computers and haven't set up a new photo hosting site. They have a very ergonomic curve that goes with the contour of your waist. Very light weight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:05:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know of another lightweight side plate that's thinner? I looked at BAOCom their's are listed as 1" also.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:59:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Received my order today from Botach. Ordered in late July.
Battle Steel Level 3+ 10"x12"s.
Produced 8/19/20
Pretty impressed with the quality.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:56:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I must be living right, ordered my Lvl IV's on Thursday and UPS picked 'em up on Friday, will be here Tuesday! Woot!

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:41:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Ordered Sunday
Delivered Friday
Production date 9/9/20

They must be air freighting or fast boating these things from over seas because that’s really quick from mfg 9/9 to in consumer’s hands 9/18!

I am very happy with these! The multicurve is very nice, my other plates are only single curve. The foam surround is minimal, unlike the LAPG plates, and the weight/dims are as advertised.

They fit very well in my GGG Minimalist. $330 for a complete lvl IV setup that doesn’t weight 20lb is pretty nice.
Link Posted: 9/23/2020 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I must be living right, ordered my Lvl IV's on Thursday and UPS picked 'em up on Friday, will be here Tuesday! Woot!

Tomac
View Quote

They're here! Minimal padding inside the box but they appear undamaged w/a mfg date of 9/11(!). Definitely multicurve, I'll have to see how they rate comfort-wise w/the III+'s I have now.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:03:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I picked up a pair of Level IV 11x14s when they were back in stock in July. It took 30 days from the time I placed my order to the time it was delivered. That included a 2 day shipping hang up.

In hindsight, I wish I would’ve waited for the 10x12s to come back in stock, but with the plate panic at the time I went with what was available. When I tried to put the plates in my XL Mayflower APC, I quickly found out that the plates were too big and don’t fit.

Do any of you have any insight on any carriers that will fit Battle Steel 11x14 plates?
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]
@1700Driver

Have you considered purchasing the 10x12's and selling the 11x14's on the EE?
Looks like the 10x12's are back in stock: Battle Steel IV's
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@1700Driver

Have you considered purchasing the 10x12's and selling the 11x14's on the EE?
Looks like the 10x12's are back in stock: Battle Steel IV's
HTH...

Tomac
View Quote

The thought had crossed my mind actually. In addition to that I was considering another plate carrier, in particular the SKD PiG. While it takes plates from small through XL, I don’t want to run into the same issue I had with my APC. I must add (if you couldn’t tell) I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to plate carriers and armor.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#27]
@170Driver i sent you an email.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 12:48:25 PM EDT
[#28]
FYI: Just weighed both my III+'s & IV's on an accurate scale. III+'s weigh 4lbs 12 9oz/ea and the IV's are 5lbs 12oz/ea.

Tomac

Edited for misreading my own notes!
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 8:07:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
FYI: Just weighed both my III+'s & IV's on an accurate scale. III+'s weigh 4lbs 12oz/ea and the IV's are 5lbs 12oz/ea.

Tomac
View Quote

Thank you, Tomac. I was just doing that this morning on my crappy postal scale at work, and I see, I'm off by about 11 ounces...
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FYI: Just weighed both my III+'s & IV's on an accurate scale. III+'s weigh 4lbs 12oz/ea and the IV's are 5lbs 12oz/ea.

Tomac
View Quote

Ironically, I decided to weigh my plates this morning on my postal scale too. I got the same for my Battle Steel IV’s.

LAPG Lvl III 5lb 1.2oz, 0.98” thick, single curve, shooters cut
Battle Steel Lvl IV 5lb 11.6oz, 0.87” thick, multicurve, shooters cut
SKD Lvl IV 6lb 11.8oz, 0.72” thick, single curve, swimmers cut
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:30:08 AM EDT
[#31]
@Tomac

Would you describe the III+ as having the same shape as the IV?
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
@Tomac

Would you describe the III+ as having the same shape as the IV?
View Quote

@Wangstang

No, they're definitely single-curve although Botach does offer a multi-curve III+ for $149.
HTH...

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@Wangstang

No, they're definitely single-curve although Botach does offer a multi-curve III+ for $149.
HTH...

Tomac
View Quote

Thanks.

That weight difference is significant but that multi curve IV for $99 is a heck of product to offer in this line up/market.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 1:46:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thanks.

That weight difference is significant but that multi curve IV for $99 is a heck of product to offer in this line up/market.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Wangstang

HTH...

Tomac

Thanks.

Welcome!
I agree. If the weight's not a problem, go for the IV's! However, I'm an old fart and have to be extra weight-conscious.
I have a set of the multi-curve III+ ordered, I'll post the weight when they arrive.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#35]
So what’s the current lead time on lvl iv plates? I just ordered a set on 9/26 when it said they had 411 in stock. Is the order tracking accurate? Do they actually send shipment notification?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Orders placed the first week in September arrived in a week
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So what’s the current lead time on lvl iv plates? I just ordered a set on 9/26 when it said they had 411 in stock. Is the order tracking accurate? Do they actually send shipment notification?
View Quote

I've ordered two sets of IV's in September; one took 6 days from order to delivery, the other took 9 days.
I ordered a set of III+ multicurves on Sunday 9/27 (they were closed on the 28th) and got the UPS tracking number this morning.

Tomac
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've ordered two sets of IV's in September; one took 6 days from order to delivery, the other took 9 days.
I ordered a set of III+ multicurves on Sunday 9/27 (they were closed on the 28th) and got the UPS tracking number this morning.

Tomac
View Quote

Could you let us know, if the strike face is edge to edge coverage like the level IVs, please? I have the single curve level IIIs, and the front edges are foam covered instead of full ceramic face. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Could you let us know, if the strike face is edge to edge coverage like the level IVs, please? I have the single curve level IIIs, and the front edges are foam covered instead of full ceramic face. Thanks.
View Quote

The level iii should be all PE with no ceramic, you might just be feeling the foam edges they put on most plates To protect against bumps causing delamination
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The level iii should be all PE with no ceramic, you might just be feeling the foam edges they put on most plates To protect against bumps causing delamination
View Quote

Sorry, mispoke, it's the level III+ with ceramic and PE.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

III+ multicurves arrived today. Weight is 5lbs/ea, all PE w/no ceramic & no foam cover.
Does anyone know if all-PE is superior to a ceramic/PE composite?

Tomac

ETA: While not on their website, this search engine info was shown w/the link to the III+ PE, apparently there *is* ceramic in the 'PE-only" III+ plates: "Made w/Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Fabrics & CERAMIC Tested to NIJ Level III+ / NIJ-0101.06 Multi-Hit Capability will defeat M855 5.56mm 62gr, 7.62x39 12gr Ball Fully Sealed - Corrosion Protection, Structural enhancement, Waterproof..."
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 10:41:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Just received an "In stock" notification for the Battle Steel lv IV plates, 947 units in stock as of this posting.

The day after I ordered a set of RMA 1092

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/?utm_source=instocknotify&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=instocknotify
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 4:48:24 PM EDT
[#43]
My level III+ single curve is labeld, "Ceramic/Polyethylene". And if your multi curves are around 5lbs, then they definitely have ceramic in them. The PE only is not going to be that heavy. And, no, PE only will not stop any penetrator projectile.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My level III+ single curve is labeld, "Ceramic/Polyethylene". And if your multi curves are around 5lbs, then they definitely have ceramic in them. The PE only is not going to be that heavy. And, no, PE only will not stop any penetrator projectile.
View Quote

Yep. That's why I included this in my post above:
ETA: While not on their website, this search engine info was shown w/the link to the III+ PE, apparently there *is* ceramic in the 'PE-only" III+ plates: "Made w/Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Fabrics & CERAMIC Tested to NIJ Level III+ / NIJ-0101.06 Multi-Hit Capability will defeat M855 5.56mm 62gr, 7.62x39 12gr Ball Fully Sealed - Corrosion Protection, Structural enhancement, Waterproof..."

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Is this a new Botach record? Ordered the LVL4 plates on the 6th when the Back In Stock email went out. Shipped from Vegas that evening. Delivered at noon today.

(Ignore the location... CA, not NC at the moment)

They have a MFR date of 10/2/2020.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:11:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Is this a new Botach record? Ordered the LVL4 plates on the 6th when the Back In Stock email went out. Shipped from Vegas that evening. Delivered at noon today.

(Ignore the location... CA, not NC at the moment)

They have a MFR date of 10/2/2020.
View Quote

They've really been upping their game recently. First order took 21 days from order to delivery, second took 9 days, third took 7 days and the last (arrived last Friday) took 5 days including their 9/28 holiday!

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:38:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Update: ordered 9/26 and received today 10/9. Condition looks great
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

@GlockMonk

Sorry I didn't respond sooner.
The III+ multicurves have full edge-to-edge coverage w/o any foam or padding.

Tomac
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:31:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@GlockMonk

Tomac
View Quote

Better late than never....

Thanks, I'll get me those next time, as it'll shave 2 lbs off my setup.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@GlockMonk

Tomac

Welcome. Even going III+ multicurve front and III+ single-curve back reduced my PC weight by 2lbs, that's almost the weight of 2 loaded 30rd AR mags.

Tomac
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top