Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got my Battle Steel level IV plates delivered today.  They are multicurve and fit my PC perfectly.  Could not be more happy.

ETA:  I back ordered on 6/29, shipping label created on 7/28, and they delivered on 8/2.
View Quote

@bigvic

Care to post pics? And if you have a scale, care to weight them? I'm curious if their weight matches the claimed weight, since that might suggest something about how carefully or carelessly they were manufactured.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 7:19:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Condor makes a variety of carriers, most of which are in the $50-$100 range. They're made in China and not known for holding up with long-term hard use. But if that's going to be a problem then you probably shouldn't be buying Botach plates either.
View Quote

For hard use, no, I wouldn't want to deploy w/them (although a couple of sandbox vets used them w/o complaint) but I have a Condor chest rig that has held up for class/range use over the years w/o problem.

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@bigvic

Care to post pics? And if you have a scale, care to weight them? I'm curious if their weight matches the claimed weight, since that might suggest something about how carefully or carelessly they were manufactured.
View Quote

Mine weighed around 5.6 lbs
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Condor makes a variety of carriers, most of which are in the $50-$100 range. They're made in China and not known for holding up with long-term hard use. But if that's going to be a problem then you probably shouldn't be buying Botach plates either.
View Quote

Do you know of any recent vids showing how Condor rigs wear/fail?  I'd like to know from seeing what the wear points look like.  I've seen multiple people share complaints and talk about it being of lower quality historically, but nothing recent.  In comparing construction of my MOPC to my Banshee I'm not seeing a ton of functional differences in material or assembly.

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

@bigvic

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got my Battle Steel level IV plates delivered today.  They are multicurve and fit my PC perfectly.  Could not be more happy.

ETA:  I back ordered on 6/29, shipping label created on 7/28, and they delivered on 8/2.

@bigvic

Mine came in right around 5.7 lbs each.  I really don't want to pull them back out of the carrier for pics, but they look just like they show on Botach's site.

Link Posted: 8/4/2020 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Do you know of any recent vids showing how Condor rigs wear/fail?  I'd like to know from seeing what the wear points look like.  I've seen multiple people share complaints and talk about it being of lower quality historically, but nothing recent.  In comparing construction of my MOPC to my Banshee I'm not seeing a ton of functional differences in material or assembly.

Thanks

View Quote

No, but I also don't know of any recent vids of Palmetto rifles or Primary Army red dots failing, either. They're perfectly good for what 99.999% of people will ever need to do with them, but if you plan to go run around doing ops and training in the mountains, deserts, and swamps then it might be a good idea to shell out for stuff made with more precise quality control like a DD rifle and an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I received mine today - (ordered on 7/03 the scheduled delivery was 8/06)
View Quote

I ordered on 6/10 and still don't have a shipping label printed. Maybe it's because I'm ugly.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:10:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone got a link to these? I can only find the single curve on their site.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 9:58:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, they list it as a single curve, but everyone is getting multi curves, weird.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 6:04:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

What size? The 10x12 4 is multi.  3+ was single.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm looking for 10x12 multi level 4
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm looking for 10x12 multi level 4
View Quote

Then yes,  they're multi.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No, but I also don't know of any recent vids of Palmetto rifles or Primary Army red dots failing, either. They're perfectly good for what 99.999% of people will ever need to do with them, but if you plan to go run around doing ops and training in the mountains, deserts, and swamps then it might be a good idea to shell out for stuff made with more precise quality control like a DD rifle and an Aimpoint.
View Quote

I see where you're coming from.  But I was more curious how they fail rather than focusing on if.

Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my level IV plates in today from Botach and they are multi curved like everyone else is posting receiving from Botach.  Look to be solid plates for a hell of a price.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got my level IV plates in today from Botach and they are multi curved like everyone else is posting receiving from Botach.  Look to be solid plates for a hell of a price.
View Quote

Same same. Very pleased with these. The outer cloth wrap is nice and tight too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Then yes,  they're multi.
View Quote

Only thing I see on their site for Battle Steel Level IV is single curve. Level III+ has both options.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 6:18:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Only thing I see on their site for Battle Steel Level IV is single curve. Level III+ has both options.
View Quote

For whatever reason, they are marked as "single curve". They are not. This is the Battle Steel Level IV "Single Curve" I received today;

If that ain't multi-curve then IDK what is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what you seek

Plate
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#21]
All you guys who ordered in July are getting your plates and I placed my order on 6/10 and still haven't gotten a shipping label notification.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
All you guys who ordered in July are getting your plates and I placed my order on 6/10 and still haven't gotten a shipping label notification.
View Quote

I ordered on 7/18 and got them today. I think somethings going on with yours
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:01:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I ordered on 7/18 and got them today. I think somethings going on with yours
View Quote

I do have a flashlight also on the same order. So I considered that they might be waiting for that flashlight to get in stock. But it says 37 in stock. On one hand, they obviously have a reputation for lying about what they actually have in stock. On the other hand, I have a hard time seeing how a $35 handheld flashlight would really be holding the order up. People don't exactly tend to make panic runs on handheld flashlights.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:08:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 1:28:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Did you update your payment info 28 days after you ordered?
View Quote

What?

Edit: Going back and reading through the thread, I see what you're talking about now. No, I didn't update my payment info. That miiiight be the problem.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#26]
To you guys who have recently received your plates...

Do you mind sharing order to delivery dates and also if you ordered as a guest or have an account with Botach?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Do you mind sharing order to delivery dates and also if you ordered as a guest or have an account with Botach?
View Quote

@Clockwork138
Ordered III+ plates on 7/9, received 7/28 and I do have an account w/them.

Tomac
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Ordered 4 level 4 plates on 6/19 - received 8/5 - ordered as guest.

I really didn't think I would get them, so I ordered some of the LA Police gear plates.....now I got double.

FYI - the wife likes the multi curve battle steel much better than the LA Police plates.  Its a lot better on "the girls".
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#29]
Are there any valid coupons floating around? Probably gonna order a set of these.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I ordered on 7/03 and received on 8/4 - I have an account.

Now if those L210s from KOTA would just get here I'll be a happy camper.  
View Quote

I want some l210’s.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ordered June 30, received Aug 5. Have account.
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is what you seek

Plate
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what you seek

Plate

And this has a full strike face too, from edge to edge? If yes, how are they saving weight and keeping lvl 4 protection?
Link Posted: 8/6/2020 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

And this has a full strike face too, from edge to edge? If yes, how are they saving weight and keeping lvl 4 protection?
View Quote
3/8" of foam around the edges

Link Posted: 8/7/2020 1:16:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are there any valid coupons floating around? Probably gonna order a set of these.
View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
3/8" of foam around the edges

View Quote

My plates are actually less then that.  Under 1/4" on the edges. I'll get some pics. As far as saving weight,  i don't know.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Well I ended up ordering the LVL4 plates that are advertised as single curve for $99 based on people's responses that they are in fact multicurve.  I kind of wanted an extra set of plates for a spare PC setup and these will work fine for a cheap affordable setup that should reliably stop handgun rounds and up to 556.

Yes I know there are videos of them stopping higher powered threats but the amount of BFD would cave in a person's chest so it's kind of irrelevant.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Just got my second shipment of them.  Different logo on the front, same plate.

Instead of just saying "strike face", they used a big "Batle Steel" logo over the whole front surface.  

...anyone else smell a price hike on the horizon?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Instead of just saying "strike face", they used a big "Batle Steel" logo over the whole front surface.  

View Quote

Still multicurve and still very minimal reduction to strike face around edges? Same dimensions for L x H x depth?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Still multicurve and still very minimal reduction to strike face around edges? Same dimensions for L x H x depth?
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:08:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pic?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Pic?
View Quote

It's the same logo now seen on their site for the plates.  Take a look.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:22:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Am I supposed to update my payment info by sending it to them in an email? Or update it on the website? I'm not keen on sending my credit card info over an email.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Am I supposed to update my payment info by sending it to them in an email? Or update it on the website? I'm not keen on sending my credit card info over an email.
View Quote

I went through the same BS as you. Ordered on 6/17 and just barely got shipping status.

I emailed a couple of times and got the auto response. Finally a couple of weeks ago someone actually responded and said to email my CC info to them to update payment or give a phone number they could call to take payment over phone. Left a number and waited a week. Finally got a call last week which I missed, but had a call back number. Gave my CC over phone which I dont like, but no other option, payment info on website wont work (which is retarded).

CS rep said they get big shippments every week and they just go down the list by order date. Unless, of course your order is over 28 days old, at which point your order goes into limbo and they dont give a fuck about you. I told the rep she better make sure my invoice is top of the list. Got ship notification yesterday.

If your order date is over 28 days and your card hasn't been charged you will never receive your order.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 1:39:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I went through the same BS as you. Ordered on 6/17 and just barely got shipping status.

I emailed a couple of times and got the auto response. Finally a couple of weeks ago someone actually responded and said to email my CC info to them to update payment or give a phone number they could call to take payment over phone. Left a number and waited a week. Finally got a call last week which I missed, but had a call back number. Gave my CC over phone which I dont like, but no other option, payment info on website wont work (which is retarded).

CS rep said they get big shippments every week and they just go down the list by order date. Unless, of course your order is over 28 days old, at which point your order goes into limbo and they dont give a fuck about you. I told the rep she better make sure my invoice is top of the list. Got ship notification yesterday.

If your order date is over 28 days and your card hasn't been charged you will never receive your order.
View Quote

Well thank goodness I frequent ARFCOM so I can find out about this stuff. The $99 multicurve plates are worth putting up with the bullshit, but they really are an amazingly incompetent company.

The whole reason the Botach plates are so popular is because they're multicurved. Plenty of plates are budget friendly, but Botach's Level IV is unique in that it's the only budget friendly plate that's also multicurved.

If someone could make a US-made non-certified Level III+ poly/ceramic plate that's multicurved and within $100-$150 each and be from a company that doesn't lie about what they actually have in stock and has customer service that isn't insane, that would kill the market for the Botachs. It would also sell out faster than they can make them, even during salad days conditions.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:00:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Well thank goodness I frequent ARFCOM so I can find out about this stuff. The $99 multicurve plates are worth putting up with the bullshit, but they really are an amazingly incompetent company.

The whole reason the Botach plates are so popular is because they're multicurved. Plenty of plates are budget friendly, but Botach's Level IV is unique in that it's the only budget friendly plate that's also multicurved.

If someone could make a US-made non-certified Level III+ poly/ceramic plate that's multicurved and within $100-$150 each and be from a company that doesn't lie about what they actually have in stock and has customer service that isn't insane, that would kill the market for the Botachs. It would also sell out faster than they can make them, even during salad days conditions.
View Quote

Can’t lie, they did come thru this last time though. I ordered on 7/18 and they said they would get them on 7/28. They did and shipped them out. I was going to cancel if they didn’t just cause of their history.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Can’t lie, they did come thru this last time though. I ordered on 7/18 and they said they would get them on 7/28. They did and shipped them out. I was going to cancel if they didn’t just cause of their history.
View Quote

Well, I'm definitely setting up a pre-paid card to give them if they want me to send my payment info over email.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#48]
I ordered on 6/4, my card was charged the full amount, I got the shipping notification the next day and nothing. The tracking number doesny help because it hasnt left the warehouse.

I've emailed a bunch and gotten auto replies and a few replies from people that say they're busy but plates are coming in every week. They said they stopped answering phones.
I never got a refund back to my card at any time.

I emailed them again today with my order number and asked where I am in the queue and when the next batch is coming in.
I recieved an auto reply a few hours later.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
(Back)Ordered the level IV $99 special on 7/25.
View Quote

Update

Received shipping notification on 8/13, scheduled UPS delivery on Monday 8/17.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Ordered the IV $99 plates on 7/30....still says “awaiting processing”. Emailed several times asking for update, just got back the auto reply.

Today they sent me an email asking me to review the item haha.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top