Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm very interested in those Lvl4 multicurve plates from botach but I can't seem to find them?

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/  Is this the Level 4 plate that is multicurve, because it says it's only single curve.  

Also that LongFri helmet previously linked ( https://botach.com/longfri-level-iiia-ballistic-helmets/ ) seems like a really good bang-for-buck option as well for only $200!  I was previously considering Galvion Viper A3 however this is much cheaper and only weighs .3 lbs more than the Galvion.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm very interested in those Lvl4 multicurve plates from botach but I can't seem to find them?

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/  Is this the Level 4 plate that is multicurve, because it says it's only single curve.  

Also that LongFri helmet previously linked ( https://botach.com/longfri-level-iiia-ballistic-helmets/ ) seems like a really good bang-for-buck option as well for only $200!  I was previously considering Galvion Viper A3 however this is much cheaper and only weighs .3 lbs more than the Galvion.
View Quote

Don't know about the plates, but I've ordered one of the LongFri helmets out of curiosity, I'll post a 'first impressions' here when it arrives (hasn't actually shipped yet) if no-one objects.

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 1:44:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both the Botach level 4 plates and the Longfri helmet and I can say they both seem to be very good quality. The helmet is definitely Kevlar and the padding and suspension system are comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have both the Botach level 4 plates and the Longfri helmet and I can say they both seem to be very good quality. The helmet is definitely Kevlar and the padding and suspension system are comfortable.
View Quote

You ordered the $99 botach plates and they were multicurve?
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have and yes they are multi curve.  Fit is very comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 5:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#7]
That's super strange they are multi-curve but aren't advertised as such, you would think they would plaster that all over the ad?
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#8]
BTW, does anyone have any botach coupons :) ?
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

One more yes here.

Recieved mine in July. I think at one point they were single curve, but now they are multi.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 12:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Label was printed on the 22nd, UPS picked up on the 24th.

Tomac
View Quote

Cool, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Not necessarily.  I got the same email and immediately reach out to them because I was concerned.  I think that DOES need to happen.  However they just verified that I was good and mailed my package.  That was paying with PayPal though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol. Botach is nuts. If I hadn't popped back into this thread, I would have never known about this 28 days payment nonsense. My order is not paid and is over 28 days now. Figured I would just keep waiting until Christmas as I'm in no rush; guess I would be waiting forever.

Not necessarily.  I got the same email and immediately reach out to them because I was concerned.  I think that DOES need to happen.  However they just verified that I was good and mailed my package.  That was paying with PayPal though.

Accepting backorders(or in my case, backordering an "In Stock" item), essentially canceling the backorder if the customer doesn't contact you(which seems to be damn near impossible) at 28 days, and then using new inventory to fill the more recent orders is a pretty shitty way to treat customers.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:27:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Don't know about the plates, but I've ordered one of the LongFri helmets out of curiosity, I'll post a 'first impressions' here when it arrives (hasn't actually shipped yet) if no-one objects.

Tomac
View Quote

I have some pics of the od green long fri
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Accepting backorders(or in my case, backordering an "In Stock" item), essentially canceling the backorder if the customer doesn't contact you(which seems to be damn near impossible) at 28 days, and then using new inventory to fill the more recent orders is a pretty shitty way to treat customers.
View Quote

Totally agree.
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, but it is Botach. I buy from Botach all the time. I also know that CS isn't something I am going to be getting from them, so I buy accordingly.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Sure as shit, they shipped when they said they would.

Ordered (2x Level IV's) on June 30, just got the shipping notification July 28th.

Stoked.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#17]
My 2nd order of plates just shipped!! So it's pretty consistently a 3 week wait time.  I'll probably place one last order, since they are so cheap.  But the closer we get to November, as with all things gun, I wouldn't expect the wait time to shorten.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, received the shipping notice for the LVL 4 plates I ordered on 7/10
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:05:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I hate you guys. I'm still waiting on the plates I ordered on 6/4.
They finally returned my emails on Sat and I said I'll take level 4 or level 3+...whatever comes in first.

No reply or shipping or updates
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Just received an email with tracking number for the Level IV plates I ordered on July 9.  Now, I am thinking of picking up another at at these prices.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, good to know people are getting shipping notifications. Hopefully I'll get one by the end of the day.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hate you guys. I'm still waiting on the plates I ordered on 6/4.
They finally returned my emails on Sat and I said I'll take level 4 or level 3+...whatever comes in first.

No reply or shipping or updates
View Quote

If you don't receive them in the near future, I'd stop dicking around with emails and call them.  I know I've emailed a bunch and never received any replies.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Received my shipping notification today as well.
View Quote

How many different types of armor did you buy?
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you don't receive them in the near future, I'd stop dicking around with emails and call them.  I know I've emailed a bunch and never received any replies.
View Quote

I tried calling. They dont answer or return messages
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:23:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Received my III+ plates w/10yr warranty today, they look good!

Tomac
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#28]
I just received an email from them regarding the III+ plates I ordered 6/12:

"Please be advise your order has been cancelled due to inactivity."

lol

I tried repeatedly contacting them via email and phone, including the number other members were receiving texts from. Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
lol
I tried repeatedly contacting them via email and phone, including the number other members were receiving texts from. Oh well.
View Quote

Were they the III+ single curve or multi-curve?
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 11:24:14 PM EDT
[#30]
(Back)Ordered the level IV $99 special on 7/25.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 6:48:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

The III+ i recieved was single curve.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Single. They were the only >Level III plates their site claimed were in stock. I wouldn't have ordered if I knew they weren't in stock.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#33]
shiiiit you guys are impatient. ;)  

i had to wait like 3 months for my hescos, and now theres some sort of recall.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:02:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote

It really is comical. I reached out to customer service last week after finding out via this thread that after 28 days you have to resubmit a payment method . After emailing CS I get the automated reply stating the payment update thing, I reply to that message asking what I need to do regarding updating payment. Crickets for a couple of days, then I get an email from a rep yapping about how new inventory is received every 1-2 weeks, blah, blah, blah and how I need to update my payment. They say I can email my credit card number or send them a phone number that they can call me at to take my CC number over the phone (again ). I decide to send my phone number and I have heard nothing back, its been 3 days now, no response from follow up emails. I have since discovered they have a method to add a payment method on their website, which begs the question, why are they asking for CC #s via email or phone.

I expect a cancellation email soon
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
shiiiit you guys are impatient. ;)  

i had to wait like 3 months for my hescos, and now theres some sort of recall.
View Quote

Whoa, what's going on with this?  I bought Hesco 4401's through Kota at the end of 2019 and I waited a long time to get them.  If there's a recall, do we have any recourse yet?  Curious to know more info...
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Almost at day 4 now of "Shipment ready for UPS" and only the label printed.  I'm in no rush so that's really not a major concern.  However....1) I was just emailed (after I reached out 1-2 weeks ago) saying I couldn't add more plates to the current order because it already shipped and 2) Usually when it's just a label printed and it doesn't ship within 24 hours it means....prepare to get frustrated and never receive anything tied to that particular label.  

...I've been Botached.  Cue the ram.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Almost at day 4 now of "Shipment ready for UPS" and only the label printed.  I'm in no rush so that's really not a major concern.  However....1) I was just emailed (after I reached out 1-2 weeks ago) saying I couldn't add more plates to the current order because it already shipped and 2) Usually when it's just a label printed and it doesn't ship within 24 hours it means....prepare to get frustrated and never receive anything tied to that particular label.  

...I've been Botached.  Cue the ram.  
View Quote

No worries, that happened to me last week. It sat for 4 days in the warehouse, after the label printing, but they did eventually ship, and I've received them today. So, give it some time, I'm sure you'll get 'em soon.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

No worries, that happened to me last week. It sat for 4 days in the warehouse, after the label printing, but they did eventually ship, and I've received them today. So, give it some time, I'm sure you'll get 'em soon.
View Quote

My Level IIIA+ poly panels have been "Label printed, ready to ship" for over a month lol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:36:43 AM EDT
[#39]
...and we're in transit!

Thanks Botach...make me pay for shipping twice you dicks!
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#40]
In transit now.. Delivery on 8/5.

They need to get here before the Revolution goes hot next week!
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Continuing the saga with Botach...

The guy in CS is refusing to give me free shipping on the next order due to their shitty/delayed response which would have allowed me to change my order and avoid double ship price/wait.  So here's the conundrum...Do I ask for a return label and immediately return the order, then place an order for everything or do I quit my bitching and either place another order or just avoid Botach?  

I'm not sure how they handle returns/labels as I've never done it.  Anyone have experience with this?

But on the other hand, giving the current climate, no one else is currently offering their level of pricing on armor.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2020 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#42]
I do. They sent the wrong helmet first time.  I sent pictures,  they sent a return label through email.  I dropped it off at fedex, no charge.  Few days later my correct helmet showed up.
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 1:46:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Continuing the saga with Botach...

The guy in CS is refusing to give me free shipping on the next order due to their shitty/delayed response which would have allowed me to change my order and avoid double ship price/wait.  So here's the conundrum...Do I ask for a return label and immediately return the order, then place an order for everything or do I quit my bitching and either place another order or just avoid Botach?  

I'm not sure how they handle returns/labels as I've never done it.  Anyone have experience with this?

But on the other hand, giving the current climate, no one else is currently offering their level of pricing on armor.  

View Quote

You don't wanna have to wait on a refund from Botach.  You think shipping can be bad sometimes, getting them to process a refund can take months also.  If you are prepping for things getting worse this fall just eat the shipping costs and continue to prep for what may come this fall.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Hell forgot to say my 2 level IV plates look like they will be delivered via UPS on Wednesday this week.  Looking forward to seeing how well they fit in the Grey Ghost Gear Minimalist plate carriers.  Scored a bunch of them when they got clearanced out for like $25 a pop last year.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

You don't wanna have to wait on a refund from Botach.  You think shipping can be bad sometimes, getting them to process a refund can take months also.  If you are prepping for things getting worse this fall just eat the shipping costs and continue to prep for what may come this fall.
View Quote

This is what I ended up doing.  Grabbed a few more plates so I'll have enough for different needs (5.56, .308, casual, black tie, etc.)  and for family just in case the politicians get cute come 2021.  

Link Posted: 8/2/2020 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Hell forgot to say my 2 level IV plates look like they will be delivered via UPS on Wednesday this week.  Looking forward to seeing how well they fit in the Grey Ghost Gear Minimalist plate carriers.  Scored a bunch of them when they got clearanced out for like $25 a pop last year.
View Quote

Dang, wish I had seen that. Would have bought a bunch too.

Maybe once the panic buying is all over (knock on wood) we'll see some good clearance sales on stuff that these companies all rushed to stock up on.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 8:15:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Got my Battle Steel level IV plates delivered today.  They are multicurve and fit my PC perfectly.  Could not be more happy.

ETA:  I back ordered on 6/29, shipping label created on 7/28, and they delivered on 8/2.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:18:41 AM EDT
[#49]
So I have a K19 with RMA 1092 as my primary PC but I wouldn't having another as a backup.  What's a cheap (<$100) carrier that these lvl4 would go good with?
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So I have a K19 with RMA 1092 as my primary PC but I wouldn't having another as a backup.  What's a cheap (<$100) carrier that these lvl4 would go good with?
View Quote

Condor makes a variety of carriers, most of which are in the $50-$100 range. They're made in China and not known for holding up with long-term hard use. But if that's going to be a problem then you probably shouldn't be buying Botach plates either.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top