Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Dam I really should have picked up some plates a few months ago, ended up putting it off for other things as always. I am debating just putting in an order for something from botach to just have be it takes a month or 2 to get. I know last I checked it was kinda up in the air on all the variations of their plates, what are the ones people are recommending these days? Regular LV 4? one of the 3+ such as the multicurve? Seems like m855a1 is the new concern so I guess shy away from plain 3s?
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed botach again and got the following automated response.

--------------------

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGES
You were sent this automated message as we have detected that you are looking for an order update.

If this is a mistake/if you have more questions please respond saying so and a human representative will be with you as fast as possible.

If you have tracking information, but it has not moved in some time.

If you are looking for an order update, please understand that we are trying to ship out all orders as fast as we can, due to COVID-19, there have been some delays.

If you have tracking information/your order states that it has shipped, BUT there has been no movement. Your order has not left the warehouse. We are working very hard to get this order out to you. Please bear with us as we have had an influx of orders. Thank you for your patience.

If you are looking for an order update on ANY Ballistic items, we get new shipments of ballistic items every 1-2 weeks, please understand that we are trying to ship out all orders as fast as we can. Due to COVID-19 and our ballistic items being EXTREMELY popular, there have been extended delays.

If your order is over 28 days old and you were not charged, your payment method has been removed and needs to be updated so we can ship your order out.

Oze B.
Botach Inc.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I recieved mine today so hopefully the rest of you will too and soon.
Here's my poor's setup.

Look at the date of manufacture.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
What carrier is that?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Here's my poor's setup.
https://i.imgur.com/L3Jkyqm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AiKVX9B.jpg
View Quote

When did you order?

Also, are the dimensions on the site accurate for the 10x12 Level IV?
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's my poor's setup.
https://i.imgur.com/L3Jkyqm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AiKVX9B.jpg
View Quote

Holy crap!  These really were just made.  

Thanks for sharing.  Not sure what shipping service they use but hopefully mine get here soon.  Waiting to see what jaqufrost reports but if the results are positive, I may order 1-2 more sets.  

EDIT:  Just got a tracking number.  "Label Created" with UPS.  

Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Holy crap!  These really were just made.  

Thanks for sharing.  Not sure what shipping service they use but hopefully mine get here soon.  Waiting to see what jaqufrost reports but if the results are positive, I may order 1-2 more sets.  

EDIT:  Just got a tracking number.  "Label Created" with UPS.  

View Quote

Just made? Dunno
Just labeled by botach before shipping, definitely.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just made? Dunno
Just labeled by botach before shipping, definitely.
View Quote

Ah, point taken.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What carrier is that?
View Quote

The carrier is a LAPG Atlas and it will do just fine for emergency use or hit and run guerilla warfare. I wouldn't use for long term everyday combat operations.

Here's a pic of both my current SHTF PC's.

The left has Botach Battle Steel LVL IV plates and is set up for my SOCOM16. It will soon have the AXL AVP w/ velcro loop adapter.
I already have one on order for the PC on the right which has LAPG LVL IV plates and my old KDH soft armor side inserts. I also just painted an old ACH so I think I am more than ready to boogie! In my Head I Need More though! I need NVG's!

End state is to have both systems running placards from 9mm SMG type, 5.56 USGI, 7.62x39 AK & 7.62 NATO .308.
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When did you order?

Also, are the dimensions on the site accurate for the 10x12 Level IV?
View Quote

I ordered on the 01st of June. They fit perfectly in my plate carrier designed for 10x12 but ill take measurements when I get back home in a couple days.

I agree these plates are just tagged 6/25 but I'm sure there fresh off the press sometime in June of 2020.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The carrier is a LAPG Atlas and it will do just fine for emergency use or hit and run guerilla warfare. I wouldn't use for long term everyday combat operations.

Here's a pic of both my current SHTF PC's.
https://i.imgur.com/bhLQYqr.jpg
The left has Botach Battle Steel LVL IV plates and is set up for my SOCOM16. It will soon have the AXL AVP w/ velcro loop adapter.
I already have one on order for the PC on the right which has LAPG LVL IV plates and my old KDH soft armor side inserts. I also just painted an old ACH so I think I am more than ready to boogie! In my Head I Need More though! I need NVG's!

End state is to have both systems running placards from 9mm SMG type, 5.56 USGI, 7.62x39 AK & 7.62 NATO .308.
View Quote

I thought that it was the LAPG carrier. I was thinking of getting one of those for a second setup and was wanting some honest feedback from members here. Any other info on it is appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 1:19:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I thought that it was the LAPG carrier. I was thinking of getting one of those for a second setup and was wanting some honest feedback from members here. Any other info on it is appreciated!
View Quote

LAPG ATLAS PC
I'll be back home on Friday. If you know specifically what your looking for I may be able to post a video that can answer some questions. I'm 5'9", 225lbs, overweight by about 30lbs. Still able to fight in kit at current weight. Waist is a 38-40 and chest is around a 46. I think 40-42 waist is about the top end for utilizing the cummerbund with plates or inserts. The cummerbund can be removed completely and clips can be utilized alone for stability. Its reads 6"x6" inserts but has expansion to accommodate 6"x8" side sapis or inserts. It has quick release shoulder clips for emergency donning or doffing. It is well padded and extremely comfortable.

My only concern is it is made from 500D Kodra. What is Kodra? I'm just a bit skeptical on longterm combat worthiness. I categorize this as Boog-able and will update my thoughts as we go. I have not worn this to a course or for training though.

KODRA
"Kodra — Kodra is very similar to Cordura in that it is a premium fabric known for durability and resistance to abrasion. While Cordura was originally made by DuPont in the US, Kodra is made in Korea. The Boundary Prima System, which we’ll be receiving and reviewing in December, is made of 750 D Kodra."
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:23:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Copy. I just wanted to know it’s general quality of construction and features. My only real concern is the Molle webbing on the front doesn’t look like it’s stitched to the carrier possibly allowing things to flop around?  It’s not gonna get run real hard most likely. I just haven’t seen any reviews on YouTube or anything.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Copy. I just wanted to know it’s general quality of construction and features. My only real concern is the Molle webbing on the front doesn’t look like it’s stitched to the carrier possibly allowing things to flop around?  It’s not gonna get run real hard most likely. I just haven’t seen any reviews on YouTube or anything.
View Quote

We share the same concerns. My M1A mags should sag it if it can be done. I will load it up and take some pics and I will check the stitching and take some pics and get back.

How is everyone else adapting placards? AXL's AVP looks top tier but  takes 3-4 weeks to receive.
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 9:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like Botach shipped the single curve III+ plates instead of the multicurve. At least they automatically refunded the price difference and the single curves are lighter.  My buddy is going to keep them as they're still good plates for the money.

This set has the same 6/24 sticker on it as other guys have posted.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 1:31:26 AM EDT
[#16]
For those waiting on the Battle Steel lvl IV's, mine are definitely multi-curve.

They're not as extreme as some multi-curve plates though.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks like LAPG shipped the single curve III+ plates instead of the multicurve. At least they automatically refunded the price difference and the single curves are lighter.  My buddy is going to keep them as they're still good plates for the money.

This set has the same 6/24 sticker on it as other guys have posted.
View Quote

Did you mean Botach? I can't find LAPG multi-curves on their site - only III and IV single curve (LAPG Brand). I got the III's in single curve, which are fine, just want to know if I missed multi-curve's somewhere?
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did you mean Botach? I can't find LAPG multi-curves on their site - only III and IV single curve (LAPG Brand). I got the III's in single curve, which are fine, just want to know if I missed multi-curve's somewhere?
View Quote
Sorry, Botach is exactly what I meant. I went back and corrected my post.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry, Botach is exactly what I meant. I went back and corrected my post.
View Quote

Roger!
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#20]
So I took some pictures. I recieved both of these plates within the last week. The LAPG LVL IV has an April 2020 date of MFR while the Botach BS LVL IV has a 24 June 2020 MFR. They both appear to be multi curved with the LAPG barely checkin the block and the Botach being way more curved and cut for movement.
Front View (LAPG top) Botach just under 11½".

Side (LAPG left)

Rear

Top View, plates face down (LAPG right)

Side, face down LAPG

Side face down, BOTACH BS

@tatsngats

The LAPG Atlas PC molle is not stiched directly to PC at all possible points. Its boundary stitched along the edges to look functional but it should eventually sag and or tear. Its not a long term or extremely hard use item IMO.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I took some pictures. I recieved both of these plates within the last week. The LAPG LVL IV has an April 2020 date of MFR while the Botach BS LVL IV has a 24 June 2020 MFR. They both appear to be multi curved with the LAPG barely checkin the block and the Botach being way more curved and cut for movement.
Front View (LAPG top) Botach just under 11½".
https://i.imgur.com/YRtx6vX.jpg
Side (LAPG left)
https://i.imgur.com/wGn67JI.jpg
Rear
https://i.imgur.com/KDm4WtS.jpg
Top View, plates face down (LAPG right)
https://i.imgur.com/m8t4Ebx.jpg
Side, face down LAPG
https://i.imgur.com/wf322UC.jpg
Side face down, BOTACH BS
https://i.imgur.com/oJJXUap.jpg

@tatsngats

The LAPG Atlas PC molle is not stiched directly to PC at all possible points. Its boundary stitched along the edges to look functional but it should eventually sag and or tear. Its not a long term or extremely hard use item IMO.
View Quote

Thanks for this!
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks for this!
View Quote

No problem.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 2:29:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Still waiting...

Fuck Botach per usual.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Received my plates yesterday.  Pretty impressed with the fit/finish of these.  Significantly thinner and lighter than my ESAPI plates and are supposed to protect better.  If jaqufrost shares positive results after shooting one I'll order more.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Received my plates yesterday.  Pretty impressed with the fit/finish of these.  Significantly thinner and lighter than my ESAPI plates and are supposed to protect better.  If jaqufrost shares positive results after shooting one I'll order more.
View Quote

I agree. More comfortable in carrier and better cut and curved than the LAPG level IV plates. Pretty solid value.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Glad to hear positive reviews on these plates as I placed an order for a pair on june 24th. This will be my first plate carrier setup, I didn't have a lot of money to spend so I went cheap with a Condor MOPC carrier, pouches, and a High Speed Gear battle belt, they are actually pretty nice. This will be one of the last things on my list, I already have suppressors, SBR, PVS-14 with a helmet and mount, and an IR laser.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I agree. More comfortable in carrier and better cut and curved than the LAPG level IV plates. Pretty solid value.
View Quote

I can't comment on the LAPG plates but yes.  VERY solid value so long as they hold up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Glad to hear positive reviews on these plates as I placed an order for a pair on june 24th. This will be my first plate carrier setup, I didn't have a lot of money to spend so I went cheap with a Condor MOPC carrier, pouches, and a High Speed Gear battle belt, they are actually pretty nice. This will be one of the last things on my list, I already have suppressors, SBR, PVS-14 with a helmet and mount, and an IR laser.
View Quote

I have mine in the MOPC as well.  Yes, super comfortable.  Allows for excellent flexibility.  That's why I metioned waiting to see additional results before replacing the ESAPI plates in my Banshee.  I'd probably end up just selling the ESAPI's because these would be superior in every way.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 1:24:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Are 10x12 plates considered large or medium?

I have a large Eagle Scalable PC with built in IIIa armor, but with pockets for plates. Ive since removed the cummerbunds and all but the 3 mag shingle. It weighs almost 9 pounds with 3 loaded mags. Looks like it would weigh about 20 with the 10x12 plates.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:30:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

To my surprise the LAPG Atlas plate carriers hold up the weight of ammo & gear well. Whether Molle or Swiftclip'ed in while worn or stationary. Now to train and take the test of time. I do not expect excellence I hope for sporadic static dependency, period! These will do.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:27:33 AM EDT
[#31]
I actually managed to trade several emails with the same botach CS rep yesterday. She said there was no eta on the 3+ multi curves I ordered. I got her to change my order to a product in stock. They are supposed to ship me a pair of the level 4 today.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Just keep sending them emails along with your order number. They'll answer soon.

I ordered one of the ballistic helmets in march that just showed up yeterday finally.

I must say it is actually really nice. Looks solid feels firm. The pads are crap.  Hard cell styrofoam and next to nothing memory foam added.(they are epp)

I think I'll keep it. Better than just a bump helmet for my nvg's?! I'll add some quality pads to make it feel better.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just kerp sending them emails along with your order number. They'll answer soon.

I ordered one of the ballistic helmets in march that just showed up yeterday finally.

I must say it is actually really nice. Looks solid feels firm. The pads are crap.  Hard cell styrofoam and next to nothing memory foam added.

I think I'll keep it. Better than just a bump helmet for my nvg's?! I'll add some quality pads to make it feel better.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218810/20200707_194243_jpg-1495180.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218810/20200707_194228_jpg-1495181.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/218810/20200707_194039_jpg-1495183.JPG
View Quote

Can you share the link to the helmet you bought?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 5:50:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I have a question. If I order two plates (front & back) do I just order qty. 2 of the same? I assume I don't need a different cut for the front and back?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Can you share the link to the helmet you bought?
View Quote

Linky

I'm pleasantly surprised by this helmet for $199.99 they have a few different color choices.

Btw measure you're head before buying.  I got a large my head measured 23.5" and its pretty snug. The back adjuster barely has any more adjustment out. That may change if I get better pads.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I bought one of those Longfri helmets. I think for the money you can’t beat it. Ballistic, not too heavy and I think it’s decently comfortable.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:37:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I agree
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Is Botach's website wonky? This is what I get:

Ballistic Plates

There are no products listed under this category.

Link Posted: 7/8/2020 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Yeah, just select the bal. Gear option.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I think my Botach order takes the thread!!  

I still have 11X14 Level IV plates on order back from 03/16/2020.  

Botach

I've called - nothing.  
I've contacted them through their website - nothing.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Did you guys get free shipping? If so, does anyone have a coupon code?
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I think my Botach order takes the thread!!  

I still have 11X14 Level IV plates on order back from 03/16/2020.  

Botach

I've called - nothing.  
I've contacted them through their website - nothing.
View Quote

Make sure to put the order number in there.  They have literally no idea if you don't.

Also how did you pay. I used pp, and that falls off after 30 days and you have to update payment info.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 11:32:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Linky

I'm pleasantly surprised by this helmet for $199.99 they have a few different color choices.

Btw measure you're head before buying.  I got a large my head measured 23.5" and its pretty snug. The back adjuster barely has any more adjustment out. That may change if I get better pads.
View Quote

snakeyes711, thank you so much for pointing out the Longfri's. They just made my list because of the value at the price.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#46]
My BoTach plates just arrived after about a months or so. My LAPG lvl III single curves which tested to lvl IV by MrGunsGear weigh 4.8lbs each
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 3:18:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I just got shipping confirmation from ups on my level 4 plates I ordered June 24th.
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Still nothing on the plates i ordered on 4 Jun. My card was charged on 5 jun and I got the "shipping" notification that a label was printed but nothing since.

I emailed with order number and no replies
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:17:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Liked these plates so much I just ordered another set.  I'm not sure why I need more than one PC setup but now I've got one for every member of my family should the hordes decide to lay siege.

Plus I do have them differently supplied/outfitted so I guess which one I don would depend on the occasion??  I'm that way with guns.  Some are for deep concealment, others are for punching holes in MRAP engines and then there's a mess of them in between.  So now the same applies to PC's.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2020 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I'm not sure why I need more than one PC setup but now I've got one for every member of my family should the hordes decide to lay siege.
View Quote

The answer is guerrilla, hit and run, cache! Remember that because the time is coming.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top