User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 1:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered two plates from Botach today that said they had 60 in stock. Place your bets on whether I'll be Botached.
View Quote
Ordered two plates also on the 4th. Still awaiting processing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered mine a week and a half ago. Was in stock at the time. Now I got botached, got an email saying they're now out of stock. Emailed back and forth, they're swearing a shipment in a week or so. We shall see, I can wait a bit. This is for the L3+ multicurves.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ordered two plates also on the 4th. Still awaiting processing.
View Quote

6 days and my order status says "ready."  What does that mean? Lol
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:16:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I ordered mine a week and a half ago. Was in stock at the time. Now I got botached, got an email saying they're now out of stock. Emailed back and forth, they're swearing a shipment in a week or so. We shall see, I can wait a bit. This is for the L3+ multicurves.
View Quote

Damn. I ordered the same. The website say 66 in stock. Wtf I got no email though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:45:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

6 days and my order status says "ready."  What does that mean? Lol
View Quote

Showed 1,000+ in stock when I bought them on the 4th, now showing 60+ in stock and still stuck on the same "awaiting processing" over 10 days later.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the Level IV's went up $10 bucks a plate.

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like the Level IV's went up $10 bucks a plate.

https://botach.com/battle-steel-level-iv-10x12-ballistic-plates/
View Quote

That all??  I wouldn't be surprised if they creep up to $140-ish by the end of 2021.  

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#8]
I got my plates that I ordered around thanks giving a couple weeks ago.  Not making excuses for them, but I do know shipping is VERY messed up right now.  I have things that should have been in here in a few days and instead have taken a couple weeks. I also have items that don't even show dates of when they will be shipped. That being said it could also be they were counting on stock or getting something in and they have not because of shipping being so messed up right now. I know someone that works at local post office and he was saying because of covid in the plan they got trucks just sitting outside waiting to be unloaded to be sorted through.  Even if items are not going through post office, they have have deals with fedex and amazon so other shippers are also behind.   I know my brother that has a small business that does a lot of shipping is having a very difficult time getting stuff to customers on time and also not getting product in stock that he should have gotten.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got my plates that I ordered around thanks giving a couple weeks ago.  Not making excuses for them, but I do know shipping is VERY messed up right now.  I have things that should have been in here in a few days and instead have taken a couple weeks. I also have items that don't even show dates of when they will be shipped. That being said it could also be they were counting on stock or getting something in and they have not because of shipping being so messed up right now. I know someone that works at local post office and he was saying because of covid in the plan they got trucks just sitting outside waiting to be unloaded to be sorted through.  Even if items are not going through post office, they have have deals with fedex and amazon so other shippers are also behind.   I know my brother that has a small business that does a lot of shipping is having a very difficult time getting stuff to customers on time and also not getting product in stock that he should have gotten.  
View Quote

Meh, if I can print and ship an eBay item I've sold...and the buyer is able to get the tracking# and see the entire shipping path to delivery, a business like Botach can do it too.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Still haven't gotten a tracking number for my order on Dec 4th. 15 days later and the order for two III+ plates is still awaiting processing.

Sent them an email asking for an update and got "I am very sorry for the delay. We are behind a bit due to COVID-19 as we are short staffed to keep social distancing." Bullshit IMO, if it takes 15 days to process an order for two level III+ plates without providing a tracking number then that's fucking ridiculous.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Still haven't gotten a tracking number for my order on Dec 4th. 15 days later and the order for two III+ plates is still awaiting processing.

Sent them an email asking for an update and got "I am very sorry for the delay. We are behind a bit due to COVID-19 as we are short staffed to keep social distancing." Bullshit IMO, if it takes 15 days to process an order for two level III+ plates without providing a tracking number then that's fucking ridiculous.
View Quote

I sent an email and I was just told the III+ plates were just out of stock and would be in soon. What pisses me off is that our credit card was charged before shipping. Wtf.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#12]
You've been botached... you'll get them.....eventually.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 10:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Lolol I was sent an email saying my order shipped and had a tracking number........15 days later they sent me another email saying that order was back ordered hahaha oh well I’ll get it eventually
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered two plates from Botach today that said they had 60 in stock. Place your bets on whether I'll be Botached.
View Quote

There was a week (or two) delay but I did get them. Forgot to post an update when they arrived.

They are the Level 4's and I'm happy with them. Although I haven't really tested them.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Got an email. My Dec 4th order for the Level III+ multi curved was shipped today.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Got an email. My Dec 4th order for the Level III+ multi curved was shipped today.
View Quote

I'd normally say give it a week but with the ongoing COVID fuckery and the holidays....Maybe two.

Congrats though.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I guess I got lucky, I placed my order on the 14th. I used the contact us window on the website and asked when my order was shipping and they sent me a tracking number a couple hours later. My plates came in yesterday, the 24th. It's my first time buying anything from them, but from reading everyone's comments, I was prepared for the worst.

Edited: I ordered level IV plates if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
My order updated to "shipped" on the 24th, but it just says that a label was created. No movement or anything, just UPS label created.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:38:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Got a Level III from  follower in short order.  It's only the UHMWPE but I'll see what she'll take!
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]
My son ordered and got a set of the lvl IV 10X12 plates from Botach over the summer. Took about a month to get them, even though Botach showed them in stock at the time. Seemed to be pretty decent plates, especially considering the price.

I ordered a set for myself last night. Botach showed them as in stock. Guess we'll see how long it takes to get them.

Not in a big hurry. I have the plates he ordered and the Crye JPC  and CPC plate carriers he also got at the time.
Edit-Jan 8. Recieved email of order status change-Shipped- with tracking number. Only shows "Shipment ready for UPS"
Now let's see when it actually starts moving.
Edit-Jan 9. Tracking now shows "In transit ". Estimated delivery Thursday 01/14. If accurate, will be the fastest I ever got anything from Botach.
Edit-Plates did arrive 01/14.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:49:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got my Level III+ multicurve plates yesterday. I believe it took a little longer than a month. They are ok. Not exactly the multi curved I’ve seen on others for chest/stomach differences. The plates are really just curved on the vertical axis only.

Slight fraying on one corner of one of the plates. Overall, for the price I can’t complain.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 1:32:41 PM EDT
[#22]
My 3+ multi-curve order from 12/01 finally arrived Tuesday, but they’re the less expensive single curve version.  Got my RMA, just not sure if I’m going to bother exchanging them and waiting again or just getting the refund.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My 3+ multi-curve order from 12/01 finally arrived Tuesday, but they’re the less expensive single curve version.  Got my RMA, just not sure if I’m going to bother exchanging them and waiting again or just getting the refund.
View Quote

Let me know what you end up doing. I considered returning mine. I went back and looked at the picture on the website and while they call them "multi curve" the picture appears to be single.

I sent an email to either ask for a rma or refund the $20 per plate difference.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 1:20:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Let me know what you end up doing. I considered returning mine. I went back and looked at the picture on the website and while they call them "multi curve" the picture appears to be single.

View Quote
Curious which one you bought? I've been wanting to test their 3+ offerings. They have a single curve and multi curve option. Both I guess use different materials.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Curious which one you bought? I've been wanting to test their 3+ offerings. They have a single curve and multi curve option. Both I guess use different materials.
View Quote

I bought the III+ multi curve but what I think I received was single curve. What's odd is that the multicurve picture on their website looks single curve to me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I bought the III+ multi curve but what I think I received was single curve. What's odd is that the multicurve picture on their website looks single curve to me.
View Quote
are you wanting to sell them?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 12:47:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
are you wanting to sell them?
View Quote

Maybe. Need to ponder whether I want to wait another month for a chance at getting the correct multicurves...or end up getting the same single curves I was sent. Botach just gave me a $42 refund for the price difference.

If someone already has the Botach III+ multicurves and can post a picture of what they actually look like, I would appreciate it. That will drive whether I want to sell and wait...
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Returned them and I’m going to roll the dice on the exchange for the multi-curve.  After several orders with them over the years this is the first time I’ve been “Botached”.  This is for a secondary/training setup anyway so I can wait until the correct ones come in.  Plus if I have the option I’ll never go back to single curve for the comfort alone.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Returned them and I’m going to roll the dice on the exchange for the multi-curve.  After several orders with them over the years this is the first time I’ve been “Botached”.  This is for a secondary/training setup anyway so I can wait until the correct ones come in.  Plus if I have the option I’ll never go back to single curve for the comfort alone.
View Quote

Will they pay return shipping and refund the shipping you initially paid?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Will they pay return shipping and refund the shipping you initially paid?
View Quote

They sent me a prepaid label with the RMA so return shipping is on them.  If I had requested a refund I would expect the initial shipping to be included in the refund.  As long as they send the correct plates we’ll be square.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I received the single curves as well. Just sent an email asking for an exchange, but I don't want to send these out and risk waiting weeks/months for the multicurves.

Waiting over a month for something supposedly in stock at the time of purchase, only to be sent the wrong shit. Welcome to Botach.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Just ordered 2 level IV plates and one of those nifty IIIa helmets... Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:46:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I received the single curves as well. Just sent an email asking for an exchange, but I don't want to send these out and risk waiting weeks/months for the multicurves.

Waiting over a month for something supposedly in stock at the time of purchase, only to be sent the wrong shit. Welcome to Botach.
View Quote

Good to know I’m not crazy. If I don’t sell the singles to another user here, I’m going to RMA well. I went ahead and placed an order for the multis again so I could at least reduce the wait a little.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I ordered a set of level 4s and a set of level 3s mid to late last week. Received them today. I've never had issues ordering from Botach in the past.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:26:47 AM EDT
[#35]
I ordered 2 of the IV plates and a IIIa helmet on the 10th... they arrived on the 15th. Everything was packed pretty decently and arrived in 1 piece. Good experience overall.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:39:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Ordered Level IV plates on 1/9, received them on 1/18.

Guess I am one of the lucky ones.  Bought a bunch of stuff from Botach through the years and no problems yet.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#37]
I ordered a 3+ on the 14th, lets see how long it takes to get here
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Ordered last Monday delivered yesterday 6 days
Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top