Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 1:41:53 PM EDT
I've been running battle belt and a backpack for anything extra....but I was lazy. I would throw the pack on the bench and go run drills with just what I needed to run the drill. Finally dawned on me that if SHTF for longer than a quick drill, half my gear is not easily accessible and a lot of it was excess lbs that need to be shed to be functional on the move.

So, I got a plate carrier/chest rig to keep me from looking like a hula hoop. Tried to fit all this on, and I laughed cause I looked twice as wide and twice as thick. Not in the good way.

Now I'm staring at it all lying out on the floor trying to figure out how to put it on a diet and get it spread out.

Questions: What you got and where you got it? Help?

+ anything i'm missing?

What I had in the pack or on the belt:
camel back (integrated in pack)
fighting knife ka bar
3 mags on the hip, 2 strapped to side of pack (secondary in front of primary) too much? not enough?
secondary mags to match x 5 (ditto?)
secondary high ride drop leg (anyone running it center chest?) I got thick boy thighs and built like a lizard. Short ass legs, long ass arms. So hip is hard for me.
Ifak
Buddy first aide shit (pack)
Zip ties (don't leave home without them)
tourniquet x 2 1 side 1 pack
multi tool
folding knife
snacks (lol)
phone (my version of coms)
Extra socks/shirt/layers weather depending (pack) wet socks, you know. athlete's foot, you know.
other miscellaneous crap in pack: glow sticks, extra batteries, paracord, duct tape, i even found one of my daughters little dolls she had stuffed in there when it was empty for daddy. It stays.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top