Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2022 5:06:59 PM EDT
I'm just looking into the whole ST thing, and I have a basic question. The link below will help illustrate my question:
Let's say I order a 7" tube and only put in enough cups to fill up 4 inches of the tube. Does that mean I have to buy a spacer that takes up the remaining space?
And if that is the case, wouldn't I have to buy spaces for every combination of cups?
Thanks

https://kmwhisper.com/collections/solvent-traps/products/jk-solvent-trap
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you mean by every combination? A+B+C = C+B+A

Either way, it sounds like you need spacers, more baffles, or a shorter tube. Depending what you're trying to accomplish.  

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 7:17:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Just being honest, but I'm not sure this is for you.

Right on the product page, below "Size":
The most significant advantage is that it has a built-in spacer in the tube, which makes the space of the blast chamber bigger and makes full use of gas and fuel.
View Quote

Also, I'd not be using the Aluminum tube for almost anything that wasn't subsonic. That being said, a built in spacer is likely not to be designed correctly for subsonic suppression.

@JimmyAR
This isn't GD. Either give a useful response or decline to comment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top