Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 8/16/2020 12:41:35 PM EDT
I'm a new M95 owner and have a few questions about it.  If these have been asked before, I couldn't find it here.

Are the M82 and M107 magazines interchangeable with the M95?

What scope ring height is recommended?  
I have an old SS 12x42 I will be putting on for a couple months until my fun money fund recovers and I can get a Nightforce Beast.

What is the expected accuracy with M33 ball?  I have a few hundred rounds of America Marksman to get started.

Mine is about 8-10 years old and unfired, the inspector indicated on the tag is #87 so I'm guessing it was inspected by a fellow ARF member.

If you have any techniques for accurately shooting this rifle I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:58:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The M82/M107 mags and M95 mags are not interchangeable. We all wish they were
If your M95 was inspected by #87, you may want to inspect it for remnants of imitation crab meat
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:48:44 PM EDT
[#2]
My tag at Barrett was #12. That's been awhile though.

No, the mags are not interchangeable. The catch on the back of the mag on the 95 is longer.

When we test fired them, 1 MOA was normal with M33 ball.

Most comfortable way to fire it was with your off hand on the top cover. Put your middle finger between the 2 barrel extension screws . You can keep your hand there and manipulate the bolt and keep the rifle in the pocket of your shoulder.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The M82/M107 mags and M95 mags are not interchangeable. We all wish they were
If your M95 was inspected by #87, you may want to inspect it for remnants of imitation crab meat
View Quote

I was afraid that was the case with the mags.  If get bored this winter I might see if making an M82 mag fit is possible.  

I kinda figured that's what all the dried chunks were all over it
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My tag at Barrett was #12. That's been awhile though.

No, the mags are not interchangeable. The catch on the back of the mag on the 95 is longer.

When we test fired them, 1 MOA was normal with M33 ball.

Most comfortable way to fire it was with your off hand on the top cover. Put your middle finger between the 2 barrel extension screws . You can keep your hand there and manipulate the bolt and keep the rifle in the pocket of your shoulder.
View Quote

That's better accuracy than I would expect out of a non precision ammo.

Thanks for the shooting position tip.  I'm going to have to get use to snuggling this into my shoulder more firmly than I do with our F class rifles.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top