Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2021 5:01:53 AM EDT
Hey all,

Have you guys seen any aftermarket accessories for the m82/m82a1/m107/m107a1 series of semi auto 50’s?

I think I saw a bipod relocation mount made by some trigger smith, that basically clamped a spigot ontop of the monolithic top rail and sorta creates an underslung style of bipod. This seems really cool, because the weight of the gun would center itself vertically no matter what cant your rifle it set on.

I tried the usual suspects, to include ebay, and I couldnt find anything. I would have thought someone would have made something cool for the rifle. Whether a match style replacement front sight, or a large flared aluminum floor plate with a +1 or +2 extended capacity, or a bipod relocation mount, or a L-shaped bag rider to replace the rear monopod, or a match trigger pack/carrier sear, or shit even a caliber conversion kit.
Something. Literally anything.

So yeah, I’m seeing absolutely nothing out there and I’m wondering if you guys have any leads on any aftermarket parts, other than the spare parts kit and cerakoted mags.

Edit; the bipod underslung relocation mount was made by anzio ironworks. Site says sold out, and I dont even know if they’re still open as the site registration expired in 2011
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:28:25 AM EDT
[#1]
You can swap out your pistol grip for any other A2 style pistol grip. Magpul has one with the compartment thing. Just don't order a grip that extends past the web of your hand.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:40:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Eberlestock dragbag that doesn't require you to disassemble the rifle
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can swap out your pistol grip for any other A2 style pistol grip. Magpul has one with the compartment thing. Just don't order a grip that extends past the web of your hand.
View Quote

While you can do this and it’s no issue at all. You will have to use the same mounting screw and safety detent spring. The spring is stronger that comes with your Barrett and the mounting screw is a different thread pitch. It’s torqued to 65in-lbs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

While you can do this and it’s no issue at all. You will have to use the same mounting screw and safety detent spring. The spring is stronger that comes with your Barrett and the mounting screw is a different thread pitch. It’s torqued to 65in-lbs.
View Quote

yep
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Man that's high $ but something I hadn't considered for my gun. Thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Laser 15 Engraving has a nice stick on neoprene cheek piece for the M82A1, I put one on mine, really like it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Found this a couple years ago... Real handy to mount optics/laser to the side..

Dennis

Link Posted: 6/13/2021 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Triggerfifty was who did the bipod I believe (Might be Trigger50). He was on a bunch of the forums. I think he worked at CheyTac at one point. There was some deal that went bad on a group buy or something a long time ago so I don't know if he is still around.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:42:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Found this a couple years ago... Real handy to mount optics/laser to the side..

Dennis

https://i.imgur.com/va0uUdc.jpg
View Quote

Woah, thats sick. Both the side mount and the cheek piece. I wish we knew who made those.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 11:44:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Triggerfifty was who did the bipod I believe (Might be Trigger50). He was on a bunch of the forums. I think he worked at CheyTac at one point. There was some deal that went bad on a group buy or something a long time ago so I don't know if he is still around.
View Quote

Either way, I found these pics from anzio ironworks and it looks slick as hell.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 12:02:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah that’s different than what I was thinking of but it’s been so long I’m not sure. I get the idea on moving the bipod out I’m just not sure I’d appreciate it on a gun like this.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 3:06:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Woah, thats sick. Both the side mount and the cheek piece. I wish we knew who made those.
View Quote

The sidemount is an Ashbury product.  I got mine off Ebay for $30 a couple years ago....

https://www.snipertools.com/ashbury-precision-ordnance/mounts-and-accessories/m107-electro-optics-mount.html

https://www.digistoreer.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=543908

https://www.gnclassi.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=853980

No idea if these are legit sites....  Buyer beware.

The cheek piece is from a long ago dealer... Schriver Gun sales,  he developed the cheek part and had them made....  No idea where to find one now...
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#14]
A cheek pad is easy to make. Cut mouse pad to desired pattern. Degrease area where you want to place it. Hot glue it on.
Done.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Get some Pachmayr Pacskin for the cheek pc.
Preformed or get a big pc and cut it to size.

Pacskin
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 10:55:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a fine piece of gear. Carrying the rifle is a lot easier in the bag than the Pelican case. It weighs a lot less and doesn't bang into you leg. The stitching looks great and it comes with more than enough removable pouches.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's a fine piece of gear. Carrying the rifle is a lot easier in the bag than the Pelican case. It weighs a lot less and doesn't bang into you leg. The stitching looks great and it comes with more than enough removable pouches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Trash_Panda on the website it says it carries the rifle fully assembled

I was annoyed when I saw the CQ comes disassembled in its case. Thought for sure the shorter gun would be left together but they really want the compact case.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes and my QDL fits well in the long pocket
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top