It's a semi-auto 50 BMG...
Able to run suppressed
Accuracy
Chicks dig the 50
Military adoption so parts should be available for a long, long time
Back up iron sights

Cons:
Heavy compared to bolt guns
Accuracy (it's in both categories intentionally)
Trigger
Mags aren't cheap
Cost

Full review:

Barrett M107A1 .50 Cal Semi-Automatic Rifle Review

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Caught this video on YouTube yesterday.

I went to bed an MY shoulder was aching!
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ogive:
Caught this video on YouTube yesterday. 

I went to bed an MY shoulder was aching!
View Quote

ha
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 50_Shooter:
The funny thing about that is the 82/107's don't have that much felt recoil, between the muzzle brake and the recoil springs, it's more of a big push. I'm sure the shooter went to bed unaffected by the recoil.

I'm always amazed when people are afraid to shoot my AR-50, even after I explain to them that there's basically no recoil. The one that I remember the best was this guy that was at least 6 feet tall and weighed about 350 pounds, guy was just terrified! Even after he saw a 10 year old girl shoot it and she probably weighed 40 pounds. I told him he could shoot it for free, I would talk him through shooting it, stand behind him to keep him from falling down...

Guy still would not get behind my rifle and all the while we're talking, other people were shooting my .50! Other kids, women... he was just so scared and no matter what other shooters said, wasn't happening. Whatever, I just laughed and went back to shooting, told him if he changed his mind that he could come back and shoot it.
View Quote

Yup, when I had it at the viewer meet and greet lots of kids shot it and all had a good time
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Ogive:
Caught this video on YouTube yesterday. 

I went to bed an MY shoulder was aching!
View Quote

I have only had the opportunity to shoot one one time. It wasn’t a Barrett and it was a bolt gun. Still very manageable recoil and to my surprise the ejected brass were cold to the touch. I have no explanation for cold brass. Anyone?
Edit the muzzle blast was crazy. It knocked stuff off the bench.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top