Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/8/2021 11:01:16 AM EDT
I bought my 82a1 last fall and just got around to fabbing up a target for it. It’s 3/4” AR500, 20” diameter excluding the ears. If the gun groups 2 moa that’s a good 1,000 yard target. In all likelihood it will be a great 750 yard target.

The chains slide into cut slots.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Talk to your local fire department and see if they have old firehose they’re looking to get rid of. If they dont, see if they can ask around to other firehouses. Cut up Firehose makes outstanding target suspenders

Chains are shit. One errant round, or the right deflect/spall, and suddenly your target takes a dirt nap.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn’t think about firehose. We have a manufacturer in town. Thanks for the idea.
Link Posted: 7/8/2021 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn’t think about firehose. We have a manufacturer in town. Thanks for the idea.
View Quote
You'll want the 3" hose, not the smaller diameter stuff.  The 3" has several layers and holds up to spall better. The 2" works, but it doesn't last as long.

I'd stop at the local fire station and offer to buy the hose that didn't pass testing.  They may give it to your for free, I've got more than I can use in a lifetime...no cost.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:18:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I use bowling pins. They can take some abuse. I set them up at 500-600 yards. Local bowling alley gives them away for free after they use them for a set amount of time.

I paint them yellow or blaze orange
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You'll want the 3" hose, not the smaller diameter stuff.  The 3" has several layers and holds up to spall better. The 2" works, but it doesn't last as long.

I'd stop at the local fire station and offer to buy the hose that didn't pass testing.  They may give it to your for free, I've got more than I can use in a lifetime...no cost.
View Quote

10/4, thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I use bowling pins. They can take some abuse. I set them up at 500-600 yards. Local bowling alley gives them away for free after they use them for a set amount of time.

I paint them yellow or blaze orange
View Quote

I used to do the same years ago for pistol targets. I haven't thought about picking some more up for the 50. I bet they fly when you hit them. Thanks for the idea!
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I used to do the same years ago for pistol targets. I haven't thought about picking some more up for the 50. I bet they fly when you hit them. Thanks for the idea!
View Quote

When hit right, they fly straight up in the air a good 50' or more.
Always good for a laugh.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top