Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2022 2:56:14 PM EDT
Anybody have a vise and wrench for rent? Need to replace my barrel on my Garand.

Edited: TTM. No WTB threads outside of the EE
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#1]
For a wrench just go to Harbor Freight and get a big 24" crescent wrench, use business card etc to protect finish.

Brownell barrel vise works well.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a wrench just go to Harbor Freight and get a big 24" crescent wrench, use business card etc to protect finish.

Brownell barrel vise works well.
View Quote

Brownells is sold out, I’ve been looking too.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 9:25:55 AM EDT
[#3]
CMP has the receiver wrench listed in the E-Store for $36.40, if you have the time to wait.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#4]
google barrel vise design and go to a local machine shop..and ask how much to make one.

Four bolts, two blocks,  If you already have the Kuhnhuasen manual I do believe he has a suitable drawing in it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2022 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]

This is pretty simple. We are slow at work, I’ll swing by the machine shop and see if they have time. The problem is they are normally too busy to jump on a low paying project like that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I ended up pickup up a Strobel barrel vice from the eBay for a decent price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top