Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2020 7:34:11 PM EDT
I've got one of the original MKE .223 93 clones that came with no flash hider. It's a excellent shooter but it's not an exact clone of a 93. It had some super fucked up buttstock tack welded end cap to trigger group and extra push pin clusterfuck thing on it which turned out to be easy to unfuck. Guess they had to do that for importation. It also has no muzzle device and I'd like to put something on that barrel. Here's the hitch, the barrel has a heavier profile than a 93 and from what I remember it's the barrel profile of the belt fed version (could be wrong ). Anyhow guess you could call it a heavy barrel . What are my options here?

BTW the flame it shoots out at night is impressive.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Call Morgan at Class 3 machining. He can thread it still in the receiver. Did my HK94 for me and he is fast and cheap
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Morgan at Class 3 machining. He can thread it still in the receiver. Did my HK94 for me and he is fast and cheap
View Quote
How do they do that?

Ive always been curious
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:02:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 3:58:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe he uses a jig that sandwiches the whole receiver and chucks it into a lathe with a very large headstock bore. I know he has a number of old military lathes. I follow him on Facebook and he turns ALOT of jobs every day. Mine came back threaded concentric and receiver unmarred.
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 9:01:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've got one of the original MKE .223 93 clones that came with no flash hider. It's a excellent shooter but it's not an exact clone of a 93. It had some super fucked up buttstock tack welded end cap to trigger group and extra push pin clusterfuck thing on it which turned out to be easy to unfuck. Guess they had to do that for importation. It also has no muzzle device and I'd like to put something on that barrel. Here's the hitch, the barrel has a heavier profile than a 93 and from what I remember it's the barrel profile of the belt fed version (could be wrong ). Anyhow guess you could call it a heavy barrel . What are my options here?

BTW the flame it shoots out at night is impressive.
View Quote
Here is a thread for you.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Barrel-Threading-sale-50-PTR-91-Aug-Scar-Sig-MPX-Beretta-21A-FAL-PAPM92-Pin-and-Welds/143-1029861/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top