Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2022 5:17:59 PM EDT
Any one have any experience with these?  They seem to be a new offering in the states that date back to about 2017 in Europe.

B&T MARS

Seems like Kit Badger has one but outside of a couple very basic videos he doesn’t provide much info.

Mostly curious to know how gassy they are. If they are similar to an RC2 or better I might roll the dice on one just for fun.

14.4oz for an inconel can the size of an RC2 seems pretty good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:46:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:28:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked into thermax.  The family of alloys is huge, so saying thermax is like saying iso material. Saying inconel without a grade is also a little non definitive.

It is pretty odd to supply the usmc a can in a blasted stainless “finish”.  

The kit badger video seemed to show a lot of muzzle flash with both the suppressor and the mount, but it is hard to understand what camera settings may have been used.  The video looks like dusk, if it was dusk, that flash suppression performance of the suppressor is average and the flash suppressor mount performance is poor.  Of course that could be crazy high iso full color in the dark, but that would be a confusing way to convey that.

The ratcheting mount also appears to infringe an aac patent.

The can is probably ok if Kit Badger thinks it is.  14.4 ounces is lighter than Surefire as you said.  I haven’t hear or seen any of the B&T cans in person.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I looked into thermax.  The family of alloys is huge, so saying thermax is like saying iso material. Saying inconel without a grade is also a little non definitive.

It is pretty odd to supply the usmc a can in a blasted stainless “finish”.  

The kit badger video seemed to show a lot of muzzle flash with both the suppressor and the mount, but it is hard to understand what camera settings may have been used.  The video looks like dusk, if it was dusk, that flash suppression performance of the suppressor is average and the flash suppressor mount performance is poor.  Of course that could be crazy high iso full color in the dark, but that would be a confusing way to convey that.

The ratcheting mount also appears to infringe an aac patent.

The can is probably ok if Kit Badger thinks it is.  14.4 ounces is lighter than Surefire as you said.  I haven’t hear or seen any of the B&T cans in person.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2022/05/14/bt-rotex-x-556/

When looking for the ROTEX-X specifications, I noticed that the grey bead blast finish is treated with Teniferiert QPQ (Tenifer). If you remember, several years ago GLOCK switched from a Tenifer treatment process due to environmental concerns. I am making the assumption that the reason we are seeing black Cerakote B&T models in the U.S. rather than the classic grey bead blast treatment, has something to do with the lack of domestic Tenifer salt bath treatment availability.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top