Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2022 4:21:22 PM EDT
I have desired a B&T since I learned of their existence but I already have an excess of 9s and now I'm really eyeballing an AP5 to make it even worse. I have also really wanted a "modern day tommy gun" for a long time, and already have an Octane 45 in ATF jail, but didn't really like the .45 PCC options. However, I just really became aware that B&T offers the APC and GHM in .45 and I am really considering one. But which one? I don't want to spend more than necessary because with .45 ammo cost and all it won't get shot a ton, so the GHM makes a lot of sense, but one aspect of it keeps holding me back: The stock (it will get form 1'd as an SBR).

The gen 2 folding stock looks very slim and small and I don't understand how the latch works. The butt pad area also looks very narrow. So I am hoping some of you have experience with this stock to help me out.
How stable is it?
How strong does it seem?
Does it have enough surface area or does it pinch like a shockwave or Magpul brace?

I love the telescoping stock but at $500 it is priced a little outside of sanity. I could apply that money and be closer to an APC. I have the APC folding stock on my Scorpion so I know I like that one.

Any 3rd party stocks I should look at?

Any other reason to choose the APC over the GHM, aside from looks?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 6:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Buddy loaned me an SB folding brace until my Form 1 comes in and it has been great...but my APC is 9mm, not .45

With respect to GHM vs. APC, it's this on paper for functional aspects:

GHM
- less expensive
- swappable barrels
- lower rail
- reciprocating charging handle
- charging handle only on one side
- barrel is threaded and has 3 lug

Also, Gen 1 had hollow point feed issues, but Gen 2 supposedly has that issue worked out.

APC9 Pro
- Significantly more expensive
- non-swappable barrel
- higher rail
- non-reciprocating charging handles on both sides
- 3 lug only on standard model, K model has threaded barrel and ships with a 3 lug adapter
- Hydraulic buffer is a bit larger and people claim felt recoil is less than GHM
- Seems to be their current flagship model, with better support for spare parts.

While I've shot a buddy's GHM, most of my trigger time is on the APC9 Pro, which I purchased several months ago...and I love it.  Hands down my favorite firearm at the moment...but there is some bias there.  

Short version, GHM is a better buy... but if money is not a concern, well, you know the answer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any issue with my GHM45 stock and it is the Gen1.  I've had no issues with the stock flexing or pinching. The Gen2 has additional reinforcement and should be stronger/more solid.  B&T also offers a telescopic stock option for the GHM series.

The latch is a little plastic nub on the the stock that aligns with a small milled area that acts as a catch for the stock on the side of the firearm (mostly in the lower frame).  You raise the stock slightly to lift the stock nub from this milled area and open it (moves pretty easily).  This cutout for the stock was relocated further back in the lower to work with the relocated catch on the Gen2 stock and I believe it has been removed from most newer lowers.

Link Posted: 5/2/2022 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
A3 makes some stocks/braces. I’d go with ghm as I didn’t see the cost as justified for the apc
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 6:45:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys! Has the gen 2 stock even been released? It seems like lots of people selling it but no reviews anywhere
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 4:45:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Scuba,

Some of your info is off.

The GHM is available with pro lowers so the grip is swappable.  Also, the AP9 has a LIGHTER bolt, not a heavier one I believe.  The buffer is on the bolt in the GHM whereas on the APC the Buffer is on the stock assembly, not the bolt.  There are also no backup irons built into the rail.  It's a solid pc rail and the new guns are coming with plastic flip up backup sights.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Scuba,

Some of your info is off.

The GHM is available with pro lowers so the grip is swappable.  Also, the AP9 has a LIGHTER bolt, not a heavier one I believe.  The buffer is on the bolt in the GHM whereas on the APC the Buffer is on the stock assembly, not the bolt.  There are also no backup irons built into the rail.  It's a solid pc rail and the new guns are coming with plastic flip up backup sights.
View Quote

Thanks, updated.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks guys! Has the gen 2 stock even been released? It seems like lots of people selling it but no reviews anywhere
View Quote

I've been on the hunt for a GEN 2 stock , but don't seem to be available anywhere. All sold out.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I've been on the hunt for a GEN 2 stock , but don't seem to be available anywhere. All sold out.
View Quote

Yeah, I made a poor choice of words when I said everyone was selling them. What I meant was it is listed on lots of dealer websites. Out of stock on all of them.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#9]
SIG, the B&T are flimsy plastic toys compared.

" />
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 6:04:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SIG, the B&T are flimsy plastic toys compared.

https://i.imgur.com/SehwsYE.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/SehwsYE.jpg
View Quote

Damn that looks great !!
Details please
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Damn that looks great !!
Details please
View Quote

Tried every brace, every stock on the planet. (It's an SBR upper.) The Sig stock is solid AF and is way more comfortable than anything B&T makes. This is the end cap, which is anodized aluminum, not plastic like the B&T one.

COPPER CUSTOM GHM9 M4 BRACE/STOCK ADAPTER

B&T suppressor. Option to tuck suppressor with rail. Have 2 barrel lengths 4" & 6.88" (& B&T barrel removal tool with receiver clamp) & 3 rails, but prefer the 4.5 with suppressor.

Has a bunch of other stuff that you can see in pics.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Tried every brace, every stock on the planet. (It's an SBR upper.) The Sig stock is solid AF and is way more comfortable than anything B&T makes. This is the end cap, which is anodized aluminum, not plastic like the B&T one.

COPPER CUSTOM GHM9 M4 BRACE/STOCK ADAPTER

B&T suppressor. Option to tuck suppressor with rail. Have 2 barrel lengths 4" & 6.88" (& B&T barrel removal tool with receiver clamp) & 3 rails, but prefer the 4.5 with suppressor.

Has a bunch of other stuff that you can see in pics.
View Quote

Just got my paperwork back . Was looking for the Gen 2 stock but nowhere to be found . Thanks for the pics and info .
Looking around looks like A3 Tactical offers some options .

Thanks Again,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top