Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 38
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 1:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks everyone for the responses very helpful and much appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 10:40:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of a ghm9 (or even apc) with the tailhook mod 1c (compact brace version) on it? I’m wondering why these aren’t more popular. They seem more compact which seems ideal for the ghm9c especially. Am I missing something like compatibility? Or quality?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:12:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LHshooterOH] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By timewaster1700:
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of a ghm9 (or even apc) with the tailhook mod 1c (compact brace version) on it? I’m wondering why these aren’t more popular. They seem more compact which seems ideal for the ghm9c especially. Am I missing something like compatibility? Or quality?

Thanks
View Quote

I have one. When I get home I will upload a pic.

https://ibb.co/LgtcYtq

https://ibb.co/1Gs1vwv

https://ibb.co/vsqy3tr

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#4]
You rock! Thanks! That’s a nice piece you have got there!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:25:29 AM EDT
[#5]
So what’s the official word on putting AR triggers in a ghm9? Do all AR triggers work or only some?

Anyone tried putting a Larue MBT2 in theirs?

Anyone out a franklin armory AR binary trigger in theirs? I know they make a B&T version but it’s usually harder to find and more expensive. Wondering if maybe the AR version just works.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#6]
The larue trigger will not work as it is thicker then milspec.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the response. So is that the main thing to watch for? SSA I’m guessing works then?
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#8]
So what’s the official word on putting AR triggers in a ghm9? Do all AR triggers work or only some?

Anyone tried putting a Larue MBT2 in theirs?

Anyone out a franklin armory AR binary trigger in theirs? I know they make a B&T version but it’s usually harder to find and more expensive. Wondering if maybe the AR version just works.
View Quote

geissele s3g works great in mine with zero mods.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the response. So is that the main thing to watch for? SSA I’m guessing works then?
View Quote

The SSA will work but the trigger will be set further back than on an ar15 or the stock GHM9 trigger. It may or may not bother you. It felt weird to me so I used a flat trigger.

Link Posted: 5/19/2021 11:45:59 AM EDT
[#10]
The Elftmann AR-9 trigger works great in both GHMs and APCs (9mm and .45).
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone have recommendations for an aimpoint T2 Mount or spacer that will cowitness with the backup sights that come with the ghm9?

While I really dig the look of the sight low mounted it is just feeling too low to be comfortable.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 1:35:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have recommendations for an aimpoint T2 Mount or spacer that will cowitness with the backup sights that come with the ghm9?

While I really dig the look of the sight low mounted it is just feeling too low to be comfortable.

Thanks
View Quote

The standard cowitness mounts should be good.  I'm using the American Defense Mfg (ADM) mount.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks went ahead and ordered the Midwest industries QD cowitness.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 6/16/2021 6:11:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Sexy.
Now wait until you shoot it,
**thump**
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 6:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Furyataurus] [#16]
GHM9

oops.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#17]

If you don't make a video dual wielding suppressed GHMs arfcom will be disappoint.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 12:10:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the cyclic rate is for the GHM9C?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Has anyone tried the Rare Breed trigger in a GHM9 yet?? Does it work?

Also if I want to swap my B&T lower with a Glock lower will I have to ship it to a FFL? Or is the lower no serialized like AR15 lowers?
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 8:05:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Fabian:
Has anyone tried the Rare Breed trigger in a GHM9 yet?? Does it work?

Also if I want to swap my B&T lower with a Glock lower will I have to ship it to a FFL? Or is the lower no serialized like AR15 lowers?
View Quote

The lower is not serialized (yet - need to oppose ATF proposed rule to redefine receivers).
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HeavyArtillery:

The lower is not serialized (yet - need to oppose ATF proposed rule to redefine receivers).
View Quote

Awesome thank you very much for that info!! Probably won't be able to find one for sale anyway.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 10:42:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#22]
Attachment Attached File

Is there a brace option similar to the factory stock?
I mean aside from the fact it's as thin or thinner than some of the shockwave blades out there, lol.
I'm curious if there's an option that will give me a similar 'feel' to the factory thing.
The telescoping braces are damn cool, but damn expensive.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/418820/11570_jpg-1999779.JPG
Is there a brace option similar to the factory stock?
I mean aside from the fact it's as thin or thinner than some of the shockwave blades out there, lol.
I'm curious if there's an option that will give me a similar 'feel' to the factory thing.
The telescoping braces are damn cool, but damn expensive.
View Quote

CSM will modify that stock for use wig a Tailhook. I think you have to send it to him

https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/new-bt-ghm9c-folding-tailhook-host-tailhook-sold-separately
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 4:22:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Have a GHM45 I want to SBR, I assume the dimensions are the same as the 9mm.  Want to use the factory collapsible sliding stock, can someone tell me OAL, believe it should be measured extended.
Link Posted: 7/9/2021 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
Have a GHM45 I want to SBR, I assume the dimensions are the same as the 9mm.  Want to use the factory collapsible sliding stock, can someone tell me OAL, believe it should be measured extended.
View Quote

Per ATF, you measure overall length with the stock extended.
To obtain dimensions for my APC9, I used the specs on the B&T Switzerland website.
To convert mm to inches, you divide by 25.4
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 10:08:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kalash1974] [#26]
Running a T2 on mine

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Quake_Guy:
View Quote

I used 6.88" for barrel length and 25.9" for overall length.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:59:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uhmeebuh] [#28]
Former APC owner and new GHM9 Compact owner here.....and I think I have a better trigger solution figured out - took lots of trial and error and a few calls to B&T.

I tried the following with no luck:

- A few milspec triggers (ALG, no names, etc)
- Two timneys - single stage AR, two stage PCC
- A Giessele SD-3G
- JP basic trigger (JPFC-1)

The problem with most aftermarket triggers (milspec or not) is that the hammer can't get to 90* and doesn't fully impact the firing pin.  The metal plate in the lower where the hammer would hit doesn't come out (it's expoxied in).  

So after a few calls to B&T (with both Jordan and Jeremy) they said they have reports of the Elftman trigger not working (not sure of the reason.  They said *unofficially* to use the factory hammer...and whatever trigger you want.  So I did.  With no luck.  Most of them aren't setup to handle the differences in sear location and angle.  All except the JP which has adjustable screws for pre- and over-travel on the trigger bar.  And it worked!  

I now have a much better single stage trigger with a short reset (which was my main complaint) and with the JP springs (JPS4.5) I haver a ~6lb trigger that is MUCH nicer.  I'd like a lower pull and may try the other lower power springs if they prove reliable.  

I need to test it with a thousand more rounds but it works great so far with about 200 rounds through it.  

Any one else find this solution? Other trigger bars that are adjustable like the JP?
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By uhmeebuh:
Former APC owner and new GHM9 Compact owner here.....and I think I have a better trigger solution figured out - took lots of trial and error and a few calls to B&T.

I tried the following with no luck:

- A few milspec triggers (ALG, no names, etc)
- Two timneys - single stage AR, two stage PCC
- A Giessele SD-3G
- JP basic trigger (JPFC-1)

The problem with most aftermarket triggers (milspec or not) is that the hammer can't get to 90* and doesn't fully impact the firing pin.  The metal plate in the lower where the hammer would hit doesn't come out (it's expoxied in).  

So after a few calls to B&T (with both Jordan and Jeremy) they said they have reports of the Elftman trigger not working (not sure of the reason.  They said *unofficially* to use the factory hammer...and whatever trigger you want.  So I did.  With no luck.  Most of them aren't setup to handle the differences in sear location and angle.  All except the JP which has adjustable screws for pre- and over-travel on the trigger bar.  And it worked!  

I now have a much better single stage trigger with a short reset (which was my main complaint) and with the JP springs (JPS4.5) I haver a ~6lb trigger that is MUCH nicer.  I'd like a lower pull and may try the other lower power springs if they prove reliable.  

I need to test it with a thousand more rounds but it works great so far with about 200 rounds through it.  

Any one else find this solution? Other trigger bars that are adjustable like the JP?
View Quote

I was able to find a lighter set of JP springs (JPS3.5T) and I'm going to give them a go.  This change makes it a ~4.5-5lb trigger.
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#30]
@uhmeebuh

Wait, so you tried a Geissele SD3G and it didn't work?  I literally just installed one in mine but haven't had a chance to test it yet.  

I thought that was one that was known to work well in the GHM9s...
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 1:01:55 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By iiiwildfireiii:
@uhmeebuh

Wait, so you tried a Geissele SD3G and it didn't work?  I literally just installed one in mine but haven't had a chance to test it yet.  

I thought that was one that was known to work well in the GHM9s...
View Quote

Yup - earlier this week.  It installed fine but it couldn't hit 90* due to the metal plate in front of the trigger.  That metal plate is epoxied in or I would have removed it myself :-)

I do wonder if the glock lower is different than the B&T lower?  I have the glock lower....do you know which lower the SD3G work in?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#32]

I was able to find a lighter set of JP springs (JPS3.5T) and I'm going to give them a go.  This change makes it a ~4.5-5lb trigger.
View Quote

I got 200 rounds in today - works great!  And best of all, my friend with an APC9 was jealous :-)
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Now that you pointed out what to look at.... yup SD3G trigger wouldn't go 90* so it was unable to hit the firing pin.  Well, that just sucks.

On the plus side, I'm getting faster at breaking this lower down.

Yup - earlier this week.  It installed fine but it couldn't hit 90* due to the metal plate in front of the trigger.  That metal plate is epoxied in or I would have removed it myself :-)

I do wonder if the glock lower is different than the B&T lower?  I have the glock lower....do you know which lower the SD3G work in?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2021 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

i have a S3G trigger in my b&t mag lower and it works flawlessly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Any one know the diameter of the SD handguard? Hoping to figure out what cans I could use for my GHM9 compact and still have it fit inside the SD handguard.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Slurve:
Any one know the diameter of the SD handguard? Hoping to figure out what cans I could use for my GHM9 compact and still have it fit inside the SD handguard.
View Quote

i have a cgs mod 9 tucked in mine and it clears by about .060". i would not go any bigger than a 1.37" suppressor.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 5:01:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlphaThree] [#37]
View Quote

The ID isn’t circular so it’s hard to measure for you but my Rugged Obsidian fits in there and it’s 1.37”. 1.5 definitely doesn’t fit. I currently just DT a Curtis suppressor on there

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 1:08:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Thanks that's super useful to know!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:16:08 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

See my posts with pics from April 2020 in this same thread, midway down page here... https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/BandT-GHM9-owners-get-in-here-/48-485228/?page=27
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By n2oiroc:

i have a S3G trigger in my b&t mag lower and it works flawlessly.
View Quote

Maybe that's the difference - the B&T mag lower works with the S3G but my glock mag lower didn't work.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 11:25:15 PM EDT
[#41]
My lower was a Glock lower.  Definitely no workie.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 4:34:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ptoguy2002] [#42]
Who does gunsmith work on GHM9's?
I bought the 16" barrel and long handguard from BT parts in order to rifle'ize one ( in CA, can't transfer as a pistol ), and just need to buy a gun and ship it to somebody to have the barrel swapped.
Need it done prior to transferring it.
Called Tar Heel, no go.
Anybody ?
922R parts are pretty easy with glock lower.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By ptoguy2002:
Who does gunsmith work on GHM9's?
I bought the 16" barrel and long handguard from BT parts in order to rifle'ize one ( in CA, can't transfer as a pistol ), and just need to buy a gun and ship it to somebody to have the barrel swapped.
Need it done prior to transferring it.
Called Tar Heel, no go.
Anybody ?
922R parts are pretty easy with glock lower.
View Quote

Try Preston Precision: https://www.prestonprecision.net

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 11:30:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got the DT mount for the GSL Phoenix and it’s a PERFECT fit under the SD handguard with the full-size barrel. It’s almost a flush fit against the end of the handguard.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 2:06:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
Just got the DT mount for the GSL Phoenix and it’s a PERFECT fit under the SD handguard with the full-size barrel. It’s almost a flush fit against the end of the handguard.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/299341/30C80110-3002-420E-B483-2888AE1882E7_jpe-2043390.JPG
View Quote

that is sexy as hell.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
View Quote

Nice. I bet it's stupid quiet, especially after the 1st round pop
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Sling you guys are using???

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 7:35:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beanz2] [#48]
Lingle lower that accepts CZ Scorpion/PMag EV9 magazines, AR triggers and AR grips.  Also fits the APC9.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By beanz2:
Lingle lower that accepts CZ Scorpion/PMag EV9 magazines, AR triggers and AR grips.  Also fits the APC9.
View Quote

Thanks for the link for the lower.  Looks very interesting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 2:47:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Nice little compact package.  No issues with the 20 rounders at the range.  

Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top