BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 38
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:15:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -GuNuT-:
So just how BAD are the mags, really?  I was planning on buying one of these but I don't want to drop the cash if the mags are that shitty.
View Quote
I bought a Gen 2 with the intention of using my stock pile of Glock mags, when the lower became available....

I like the factory mags A LOT! I'm not switching over, to Glock mags!

I've not heard anyone bash B&T GHM9/APC/---- mags.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By -GuNuT-:
So just how BAD are the mags, really?  I was planning on buying one of these but I don't want to drop the cash if the mags are that shitty.
View Quote
Somebody a bit back in this thread (or maybe in the APC9 thread?) made a comment that the mags are made of thinner plastic than pretty much all of the competitors.  This is true.  But, I've never really heard anybody complain about them breaking.  They are more durable than you might think at first. Now, if you have a habit of dropping 2/3rds loaded mags onto concrete, and stepping on empty mags routinely, you may break a few more than you would, say, MPX mags.

Also, most modern 9mm mags will be slightly curved to feed more reliably with tapered 9mm ammo.  But, I've never heard of folks complaining about feed issues with any B&T gun.

So, a couple of theoretical issues, but in my experience, my B&T is rock solid.  Don't worry. It's probably just the Scorpion owning haters .
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:34:39 AM EDT
[#3]
There was a single thread a few weeks ago where the OP reported dropping a loaded magazine and the floor plate cracked. They contacted B&T it was taken care of free of charge. That was the extent of it.
I’ve had B&T firearms for 5 years and have never personally had a magazine break.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:25:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rm2092] [#4]
A buddy that was shooting my APC9 hit the mag release by accident and the loaded mag hit the concrete and the base plate cracked. B&T sent me a replacement mag no charge ASAP.

LOVE both of my B&T's but I do believe the mags are kind of on the cheap side but that's me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:42:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#5]
duplicate post
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:43:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: humahuma] [#6]
Originally Posted By bestiller:
There was a single thread a few weeks ago where the OP reported dropping a loaded magazine and the floor plate cracked. They contacted B&T it was taken care of free of charge. That was the extent of it.
I’ve had B&T firearms for 5 years and have never personally had a magazine break.
View Quote
i think that was me. i dropped a loaded mag and broke one of the two clips on the floor plate. it was taken care of by B&T.

i bought some bumper pads since and i think if i would have had one installed it would have saved the floor plate. they look like shit tho.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By humahuma:
i think that was me. i dropped a loaded mag and broke one of the two clips on the floor plate. it was taken care of by B&T.

i bought some bumper pads since and i think if i would have had one installed it would have saved the floor plate. they look like shit tho.
View Quote
Hey @humahuma do you have a picture of the mags with bumper pad installed?  I can't find a picture on-line and just considering getting a few...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:14:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ROCK6:

Hey @humahuma do you have a picture of the mags with bumper pad installed?  I can't find a picture on-line and just considering getting a few...

ROCK6
View Quote
sorry, its on a apc9. if you look in the apc9 thread you will see it on some GHM9s.

Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By smiller4169:

Gen 2 has a removable rail, if you look close in my pic you’ll see the split. That’s really the only way to tell.

Also under the side picatinny rails there is MLOK on the Gen 2 but not in the Gen 1.

Some Gen 2 have only a Trilug, so confirm before you order it if you want a trilug and threaded one.

The shop I got mine from had both, a tri-lug only and a trilug with threads, so I chose to have both.
View Quote
^^This.  I wanted threaded and assumed I was getting one.  Ordered from online and when I went to pick it up it was 3-lug only.  Trying to fix this mistake has been a nightmare.  If only it was as simple as buying another can.  It's only money right?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By blacked0ut:

^^This.  I wanted threaded and assumed I was getting one.  Ordered from online and when I went to pick it up it was 3-lug only.  Trying to fix this mistake has been a nightmare.  If only it was as simple as buying another can.  It's only money right?
View Quote
Yeah money and a long ass wait.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:30:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By humahuma:

sorry, its on a apc9. if you look in the apc9 thread you will see it on some GHM9s.

http://i66.tinypic.com/346as8g.jpg
View Quote
Excellent pic, thanks!  It does look a little bulky, but would be a good investment if running the GHM9 in a course where you're doing "combat" reloads and letting mags fall to the ground.  I may end up getting a few to try out.  No issues with my mags yet, but they do seem pretty flimsy compared to the new CZ mags and my MPX mags.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:04:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHEN] [#12]
Hello All,

I've been lurking on this thread for a while; thought I would say hello.  I purchased a GHM-9 full size from Tar Heel the 3rd week of December and just got the opportunity to shoot it this past weekend.

1st of all, this is a 2ND GENERATION gun and it came with a 3 LUG + 1/2x28 threaded barrel.

I ran the gun both unsuppressed and suppressed using a Thompson Machine Isis II 9mm can.  It was very acceptably suppressed and didn't seem "gassy" at all.

The thread protector did start to work itself loose, I am going to use the O-Ring mentioned earlier in this thread...hopefully that helps.

100 rounds 115-grain WWB with zero malfunctions.

A couple of thoughts:

Initially, I thought the right side controls (for lefties) would be problematic, as they dug into my hand while dry handling.  While actually firing it was a non-issue.

I have a Form 1 filed to SBR this gun. An SOT friend of mine brought his Gen 1 gun with the B&T stock affixed (nice not having to wait...lucky guy).  The ergonomics of this gun with the stock are phenomenal.  I won't even fire the gun again until I get my tax stamp and attach a stock.

I did run into a problem based on my newness to the weapon.  I probably mashed the slide release 4 times before I realized it wasn't the magazine release.  Practice will solve this problem :-)

Thanks to everyone for the informative and high level of discourse on this thread, it really helped me make what wound up being a great decision!

GHEN

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 5:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GHEN] [#13]
Originally Posted By blacked0ut:

View Quote
This probably isn't the answer you are looking for but worst-case scenario B&T is supposed to offer barrels for sale sometime this year.  You might be able to sell the barrel you don't want to ameliorate the expense.

Good Luck,

GHEN
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#14]
One year and this thread is still going! I meant to post this a few days ago. Thanks for all the interest!
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 9:28:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By scarshooter:
One year and this thread is still going! I meant to post this a few days ago. Thanks for all the interest!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Great thread!  Can you now answer your original questions?

1. Has anybody Form 1'd it yet?
2. Are you running a red dot on it? If so, which one?
3. What height of mount are you using with the red dot and what sight picture is your set up giving you?
4. Are you using the factory sights to co-witness or another brand?
Did you wind up with an SBR?  What about the other questions?  I for one could use the insight.

GHEN
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GHEN:

This probably isn't the answer you are looking for but worst-case scenario B&T is supposed to offer barrels for sale sometime this year.  You might be able to sell the barrel you don't want to ameliorate the expense.

Good Luck,

GHEN
View Quote
I might just have to.  I'm going to look into the feasibility of threading the one I currently have.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have the issue of getting malfunctions when there's only a few rounds in the mag? Only happens when there's 1-3 rounds left.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By CrimsonTideShooter:
Anyone have the issue of getting malfunctions when there's only a few rounds in the mag? Only happens when there's 1-3 rounds left.
View Quote
No
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote
YES. 3 rounds left, always get a failure to feed. 4 different magazines. No idea what the problem is.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:46:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Wulfp3ngwin:
YES. 3 rounds left, always get a failure to feed. 4 different magazines. No idea what the problem is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wulfp3ngwin:
Sounds like weak mag springs. Try hotter ammo and see if it helps. It could be the ammo is not cycling the bolt 100% rearward and it's returning too fast for the mag to raise the next round fully before it starts to feed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mak0:

Sounds like weak mag springs. Try hotter ammo and see if it helps. It could be the ammo is not cycling the bolt 100% rearward and it's returning too fast for the mag to raise the next round fully before it starts to feed.
View Quote
Agreed it seems like it would be magazine springs, but what are the chances 4 new magazines all have bad springs?

Might be ammo related. Weird that the issue would only present itself at that point in the magazine if it is ammo.

I had only wiped the gun down and applied some lube before that range trip. I have now field stripped, cleaned and lubed it.

Next range trip I will try some different ammo and report back.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:12:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bestiller] [#22]
View Quote
If you’re shooting from a bench, any chance that you’re resting the weight of the gun on the magazine when you shoot? Or does it occur in any position?
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By bestiller:

If you’re shooting from a bench, any chance that you’re resting the weight of the gun on the magazine when you shoot? Or does it occur in any position?
View Quote
I'm standing.

I have a second GHM9 so I can test to see if it happens with the same mags/ammo. Hopefully that'll help troubleshoot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:06:26 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
I had the exact same issue with the mag that came with my gen 1 GHM9 and with 3 mags purchased separately, but only the first time I used the them. Subsequently all the mags have worked fine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 1:16:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OAK667] [#25]
View Quote
Nope, the only issue I've ever had was with the charging handle hitting my thumb resulting in a FTE.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#26]
So i have a question about the trigger. I know they're sort of compatible with AR triggers, at least some. Has anyone tried just swapping out springs? I like the break and pseudo two stage feel on mine, but it's just a little too heavy overall imo. Broke  at about 7.5-8lbs on my gauge.

I was thinking something like the JP reduced power springs might work? I'll have to remove the FCG sometime and see how close it is to an AR trigger group.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By bmo419:
So i have a question about the trigger. I know they're sort of compatible with AR triggers, at least some. Has anyone tried just swapping out springs? I like the break and pseudo two stage feel on mine, but it's just a little too heavy overall imo. Broke  at about 7.5-8lbs on my gauge.

I was thinking something like the JP reduced power springs might work? I'll have to remove the FCG sometime and see how close it is to an AR trigger group.
View Quote

I have NicTaylor00 reduced powder hammer and trigger springs. I did test a Geisslle SSA and a Sig Duo Lite trigger in my GHM9, they all worked well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Been really looking hard at getting the gen2 of one of these in a standard configuration. This looks like a decent deal with the brace. Been trying to talk myself out of it but this thread isn't helping. https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_122&product_id=460
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#29]
Originally Posted By gee0111:
Been really looking hard at getting the gen2 of one of these in a standard configuration. This looks like a decent deal with the brace. Been trying to talk myself out of it but this thread isn't helping. https://tarheelstatefirearms.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=17_122&product_id=460
View Quote
Dooooo it!  Join us!
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:13:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By OAK667:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/483906/CBB4979F-C28B-4413-A4DD-03C0AAF2DB6C-781591.jpg

I have NicTaylor00 reduced powder hammer and trigger springs. I did test a Geisslle SSA and a Sig Duo Lite trigger in my GHM9, they all worked well.
View Quote
Thanks I'll have to try some reduced power springs sometime.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
So...based on all the positive reviews of Rainier Arms - I gave them a shot and ordered the GHM9 Gen 2 Compact... have to say I'm extremely dissatisfied. They sent me the Gen 1 full size... even has a sticker on the case showing that the order was "reviewed" before being sent out. Now I have to wait for them to open and hopefully they will own up and make it right. And yes, the invoice and order clearly states GHM9c Gen2...the sku on the B&T box is of the gen 1 and doesn't match the invoice either for the gen2c.

Feel like I should have gone with THSF in hind site.. guess we'll see what happens. Hoping they call me back today.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:25:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By americaninfidel007:
So...based on all the positive reviews of Rainier Arms - I gave them a shot and ordered the GHM9 Gen 2 Compact... have to say I'm extremely dissatisfied. They sent me the Gen 1 full size... even has a sticker on the case showing that the order was "reviewed" before being sent out. Now I have to wait for them to open and hopefully they will own up and make it right. And yes, the invoice and order clearly states GHM9c Gen2...the sku on the B&T box is of the gen 1 and doesn't match the invoice either for the gen2c.

Feel like I should have gone with THSF in hind site.. guess we'll see what happens. Hoping they call me back today.
View Quote
Sorry to hear about that experience with Rainier Arms. They're local to me and have always been pretty great to buy from. Hopefully they make it right. Did you refuse the delivery?

At any rate, i bought mine from THSF and the experience was pretty great as others have echoed.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I jumped on the bandwagon and bought the GHM9 regular size from HollowTrail Aromory. Waiting for it to ship.  I can’t wait.  They give a Mil/LE discount of 10% on weapon and mags. I have a full auto Colt 6991 and simi auto MPX. Now this B&T.  So pumped up to get this. Thanks to all the posters about the gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I just got the return form to send it back - I had picked it up at the LGS with my 2 year old son and so I hadn't checked it out until I got home. Turned around and took it back, seems like they are going to ship out the correct item today to exchange it. Fingers crossed no issues this time around.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 6:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smiller4169] [#35]
Super APC arrived today.

I’ll post up the findings as soon as I get to the range.
I may do 2 separate posts, one for the dimensions and weight, and then one for ammo testing.

I’m going to be measuring and testing in a GHM9 Gen 2

OEM vs:
Geissele Super APC
Geissele SD3G
Geissele SSA
Geissele SSA-E
BCM PNT

And just for the sake of testing I might put the Super APC in an AR and shoot it too
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Initial impression of the Super APC, it feels identical to the SD3G Trigger.

The instructions say it comes with two different trigger springs but it didn’t.
Instructions also said that the hammer pin only had one groove and to insert it a certain direction, but both pins had two grooves.

The Super APC Trigger does away with a free moving safety when the gun is not charged.
You can only put it in safe when charged just like an AR.

I’ll post more when I make the measurement tables and photos.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:52:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Alexbrooks:
I jumped on the bandwagon and bought the GHM9 regular size from HollowTrail Aromory. Waiting for it to ship.  I can’t wait.  They give a Mil/LE discount of 10% on weapon and mags. I have a full auto Colt 6991 and simi auto MPX. Now this B&T.  So pumped up to get this. Thanks to all the posters about the gun.
View Quote
Is that listed on their website?  I could not find a discount link.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By shad951:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shad951:
Call him. Number is on his websight. He will give you discount code.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Call him. Number is on his websight. He will give you discount code.
View Quote
Cool.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:24:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Does anyone else have issues when using the mag clamp?  When there is a mag on the ejection port side I have about 1 round a mag not eject properly and get wedged between the mag and the bolt.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 10:51:14 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
I had the same issues today. I could replicate it when I put 5 rounds in the mag and shot 3 of them, the second to last round would not go all the way into battery and as soon as I dropped the mag it would go into battery.

It was repeatable until I pulled down on the mag as I was firing. When I’d pull down on it, it would function fine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 4:29:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MonolithicRP] [#42]
Happiness is receiving your first B&T...a brand new GHM9.  

Sadness is realizing that you received a gen 1 and now you have to wait to get it swapped out.

Dammit.

ETA:  Well, I just learned something (maybe you all already knew).  There are a bunch of gen 1 guns out there that have the newer feedlips to accommodate hollowpoint ammo.  That's what I got.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a Giselle  super apc in apc 223,  a shooting sight trigger in apc 9,  and elfman 308 trigger in my apc 45;  they all work.  FYI
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Joined the club last night, it's a gen 1 but the dealer sent it in for the feed ramp fix. Doesnt look like it was shot much if at all, got it for under 1k.

Pic next to my MPX SBR.

Going to file a form 1 today for the GHM, will I be able to run this stock? B&T folding stock the description says Gen 2  only.

In the meantime I'm looking to add a brace. I have an extra tailhook mod 1, anyone running one with the Dakota tactical folding adapter? Looks nice
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By pjomalley:
I have a Giselle  super apc in apc 223,  a shooting sight trigger in apc 9,  and elfman 308 trigger in my apc 45;  they all work.  FYI
View Quote
Which trigger do you like most? Any reliability issues? I’ve read somewhere that the Geiselle Super APC trigger is very light. I’m trying to decide for my APC9, GHM9  and APC223. I intend to use the APC9 for HD. The APC223 and GHM9 are intended to be more of range/SHTF gun. Thanks for any feedback.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:46:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hulley] [#46]
Edit: Found the answer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By grn_zx6r:

Going to file a form 1 today for the GHM, will I be able to run this stock? B&T folding stock the description says Gen 2  only.
View Quote
The stock will fit but it won't lock closed.  The 2nd GEN guns have a recess in the receiver that a small tab on the stock clicks into.

GHEN
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#48]

Did you wind up with an SBR?  What about the other questions?  I for one could use the insight.

GHEN
View All Quotes

1. Has anybody Form 1'd it yet?
2. Are you running a red dot on it? If so, which one?
3. What height of mount are you using with the red dot and what sight picture is your set up giving you?
4. Are you using the factory sights to co-witness or another brand?

GHEN
Yes, I did answer all my questions.
1. I have not form 1'd it.
2. I am using an Aimpoint H1, the T1's are just a little too spendy.
3. I am using an low LaRue Tactical mount with mine.
4. I am not using any factory sights. I ditched them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2019 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#49]

The stock will fit but it won't lock closed.  The 2nd GEN guns have a recess in the receiver that a small tab on the stock clicks into.

GHEN
View Quote
Thanks for the info, I orded the Dakota Tactical tailhook brace for the time being. Just found out my Knights Armament dealer is a B&T dealer, he has the collapseable brace/stock that I'm going to check out and grab a few mags from him.

Got a chance to take the B&T to the range along with my other PCC's yesterday.. this thing is a keeper for sure. I can seem some more B&Ts making their way into my collection
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#50]
finally got the correct GHM9Compact...threw on the collapsable brace (tail hook mod 1), scalar mount w/ T2, and the B&T jet funnel! going to be taking it out today to see how it shoots and get it sighted in. Waiting for the HBI right safety delete and lighter safety springs to arrive then I'll swap those out.

The brace is solid and definitely don't see myself SBR'ing it.

Only thing I'm considering yet is the Geissele super APC trigger, hopefully today's time behind the gun will make that decision for me. From dry firing, seems like an unnecessarily heavy trigger. I have the SSP 3.5# in one of my ARs and its great. Guessing if I do the G super APC route I'll probably go with the 2.75# spring.

Have a question related to the trigger - I know the super APC changes the "location" of the trigger, any thoughts on simply using the Geissele hammer & trigger springs from the trigger set to replace the springs on the original B&T trigger? Would this maintain the trigger position while also reducing the pull to the 2.75#?
Page / 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top