Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2018 8:30:32 PM EDT
Does anyone know what the scoop on these is?  G&R is showing them as in stock.  However, there is no suppressor, and no details on adding one, other than a part number for the B&T can.  However I don't see any cans with that part number. How are these attached?  Will this work with any can, or only with B&T's? G&R only show a fuzzy photo down the front, it looks like a thread on, however, many integrally suppressed systems have a gas port further up, so I wouldn't think just any can will work?

Linky.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does anyone know what the scoop on these is?  G&R is showing them as in stock.  However, there is no suppressor, and no details on adding one, other than a part number for the B&T can.  However I don't see any cans with that part number. How are these attached?  Will this work with any can, or only with B&T's? G&R only show a fuzzy photo down the front, it looks like a thread on, however, many integrally suppressed systems have a gas port further up, so I wouldn't think just any can will work?

Linky.
View Quote
Yes the APC9SD's are ported way up front and require special suppressors. They are however designed to use any suppressor that works with the HK MP5SD. I think this was a brilliant design decision by B&T and offers the end users a wide range of suppressor choices. I've already got a B&T APC 9SD waiting for me at my dealer (Scott at THSF) that I hope to pick up in the next few weeks. I have chosen to go with the Silencerco Omega 9SD suppressor on my APC 9SD for several reasons.

I was told that the B&T 9SD suppressor is all aluminum and is definitely longer than the amazingly short length of 7.97 inches of the Silencerco Omega 9SD. I was also told that the Omega 9SD is made with more durable alloys vs. the Aluminum B&T 9SD offering. The offered price of both were the same to me so price was not a factor. The Omega 9SD is also supposed to quieter than an original MP5SD suppressor according to Silencerco's website.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEy6CZhzxc

Overall I am beyond excited about this firearm and it is going to be a long few weeks till I pick it up. Unfortunately I won't be able to shoot it till the tax stamp comes back on the suppressor since none of my other suppressors will work on this system. Small price to pay to acquire this system in my opinion... been counting the days since these were first announced.

Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#2]
The plan as I last heard it was to make the SD compatible with the MP5SD cans. I’m not sure if that happened or not.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The plan as I last heard it was to make the SD compatible with the MP5SD cans. I’m not sure if that happened or not.
View Quote
It is compatible...
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Will these bleed supersonic rounds down to slower speeds?
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:37:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Will these bleed supersonic rounds down to slower speeds?
View Quote
Yes... that is why the barrel is ported vs. non ported to accomplish this very task. Obviously when using subsonic rounds it will still be quieter than when using supersonic rounds bled down.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn this post isn't fair! I want one so bad!
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 3:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Interesting, I didn't know there was such a thing as the mp5sd standard.  Other than SilencerCo and B&T, are there any more options out there?

For one, I kinda wish they weren't bleeding the speed off of the super ammo.  If I want subs, I can always buy and shoot subs, but I like the option of being able to shoot supers, too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting, I didn't know there was such a thing as the mp5sd standard.  Other than SilencerCo and B&T, are there any more options out there?

For one, I kinda wish they weren't bleeding the speed off of the super ammo.  If I want subs, I can always buy and shoot subs, but I like the option of being able to shoot supers, too.
View Quote
TPM Outfitters - Best quality/price combo.

http://www.tpmoutfitters.net
Link Posted: 3/24/2018 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just do a google search for MP5SD suppressors... you will see a LOT of different brands...

HK
B&T
Sico
TPM
TSC
KAC
and some rebranded or lesser name brands... lots of selection
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I am really interested in this apc9sd, I wanted an MPX with a can but I heard a lot of bad things about the sound suppression performance .... do you think the sound suppression on the apc9 sd will as good as the old mp5 sd ?
Do you think it can be quieter than an 300aac blk AR15
?
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn B&T for taking all my money...I just ordered an APC9SD from Dakota Tactical.  Joe is a great guy to work with.
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn B&T for taking all my money...I just ordered an APC9SD from Dakota Tactical.  Joe is a great guy to work with.
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:59:42 AM EDT
[#13]

I picked up the gun from the dealer this morning after allowing it a quick conjugal visit with the TPM can.

The gun does ship with a threaded adapter that screws on over the gas ports to allow for shooting without the can if so desired
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Is the upper on the SD identical to the standard, except with a bolt-on foreend? Any chance we might see that one piece imported?
Link Posted: 4/16/2018 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is the upper on the SD identical to the standard, except with a bolt-on foreend? Any chance we might see that one piece imported?
View Quote
Vastly different upper. There would not be any interchangeability.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Does it come in glock mag lower?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does it come in glock mag lower?
View Quote
The lower doesn't look any different than the standard APC9, and B&T will sell the Glock mag lower as a stand alone product. So if they don't offer it with the Glock mag lower from the factory (I imagine they will offer it) you'll be able to swap it out yourself.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64548/15E4C52C-04B3-4C14-98E1-70EE48638BC5-512659.jpg

I picked up the gun from the dealer this morning after allowing it a quick conjugal visit with the TPM can.

The gun does ship with a threaded adapter that screws on over the gas ports to allow for shooting without the can if so desired
View Quote
Have you experienced any issues regarding different ammo like how some of the regular APC9s were experiencing?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am really interested in this apc9sd, I wanted an MPX with a can but I heard a lot of bad things about the sound suppression performance .... do you think the sound suppression on the apc9 sd will as good as the old mp5 sd ?
Do you think it can be quieter than an 300aac blk AR15
?
Thanks
View Quote
Strange. I haven’t heard a single thing about the MPX being loud when suppressed. I’ve heard they are gassy, and what else is expected putting the piston port AT the chamber!? But never heard anything that they didn’t suppress well for noise.

Which is a little ironic because I’m probably going to sell my APC9 because it’s so much louder than my MP5. I didn’t want to believe it, but sure enough more recoil and more noise suppressed with all ammo and cans. Spent a couple hours testing all cans and ammo combos against a fullsize MP5, it wasn’t even close when you can shoot three and immediately switch to the other gun.

Which is why... I’m curious what they changed in the APC9SD vs APC9 uppers. Obviously the barrel, there needs to be a seal for the MP5SD can it uses, but what else? I wonder if they changed the spring pressure to be higher and/or made the bolt a different weight?

Because if they didn’t do any magic - then I see no way the APC9SD would be as quiet as the MP5SD. But I’d be interested to know the part differences between the two B&T models.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top