Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2021 2:01:15 PM EDT
I just came across this video by chance. It shows real-time and slow-motion footage of both SMG's in full auto fire. Before watching it, I expected the B&T to clearly win with its internal recoil buffer, but it's not so clear by the video. Maybe the slower rate of fire of the H&K? The B&T definately pushed him back more than the H&K, but the H&K sorta seemed to bounce around more than the B&T. Regardless, both muzzles seemed to stay fairly in line with the target. I have a USC45 to UMP45 conversion and never found the recoil to be as bad as some have mentioned, to include semi-auto rapid fire. Full auto may be a different story. Larry Vickers did a video with a real one that was clearly hard to keep rounds on center mass with full auto. No vertical grip though. He agreed that 2-shot burst was the way to go.

B&T APC45 Versus H&K UMP 45 (Full Auto Slow Motion)
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a APC45 and a USC to UMP conversion and the UMP is dog shit compared to the APC (or pretty much any other PCC I own). Only reason I keep the UMP is because I am an HK Fanboy, otherwise itd have been sold before I even converted it. Obviously these are both semi.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, most seem to either love or hate the UMP's. I enjoy shooting mine suppressed for single and double taps. But it's clearly not a smooth shooter like an MP5 or APC9.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top