BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just saw on Facebook that a few bolt carriers are starting to crack at the bottom where the cam path ends. Anyone check theirs?
View Quote
It's a design flaw.  The SCAR has the same design flaw...
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#2]
SCAR or APC223? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....decisions. I am a long time SCAR guy but want another for some reason so I am very familiar with every aspect of the SCAR but am looking hard at the APC223.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
SCAR or APC223? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....decisions. I am a long time SCAR guy but want another for some reason so I am very familiar with every aspect of the SCAR but am looking hard at the APC223.
View Quote
Depends on what you want. Are you looking for redundancy in your personal Armory? If so, get another SCAR. Are you looking to have a personal reference collection of interesting things? If so, get the APC223.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Depends on what you want. Are you looking for redundancy in your personal Armory? If so, get another SCAR. Are you looking to have a personal reference collection of interesting things? If so, get the APC223.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would like to build a SCAR SC or get something similar which is really why I am even thinking about another SCAR. I also like to have a diverse collection of tools so there’s always that angle.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would like to build a SCAR SC or get something similar which is really why I am even thinking about another SCAR. I also like to have a diverse collection of tools so there’s always that angle.
View Quote
Building a SCAR SC seems like an expensive proposition which won’t actually be correct because the parts aren’t available. I wouldn’t go down that path.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It'll cost some money, but any part can be recreated in this country.
View Quote
you would think, but the number of people in this country left with that skillset is rapidly declining.  If it costs $2k to make an FNC bolt or buy a spare semi to piece out for $4k, which one makes the most sense.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I own both a SCAR 16 SBR and APC223 SBR and the APC is the better gun in terms of quality and function IMO
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I own both a SCAR 16 SBR and APC223 SBR and the APC is the better gun in terms of quality and function IMO
View Quote
Thanks for the feedback @AlphaThree
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the APC .223 muzzle device compatible with any surefire suppressors? It looks just like a surefire Mount
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the APC .223 muzzle device compatible with any surefire suppressors? It looks just like a surefire Mount
View Quote
My 762RC will fit on my APC flashhider. A bit snug and probably not recommend by Surefire, but no baffle strikes yet.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Played with a APC223 with a mlok handguard and folding brace yesterday at a LGS, they want $3299.  Is that a decent price?  I already have a SCAR 16 SBR, the only thing I did not like is the length of pull with the brace.
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Played with a APC223 with a mlok handguard and folding brace yesterday at a LGS, they want $3299.  Is that a decent price?  I already have a SCAR 16 SBR, the only thing I did not like is the length of pull with the brace.
View Quote
Hell no, that is a rip off man. $2.3k is where it is at. I bought my APC308 for only $2.6k “ONLY” LOL geez right...
Link Posted: 3/18/2020 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Might be a little expensive with the folder. I got mine with the telescoping brace for a little less.

I definitely don’t think you will find a new one for $2400. I would be looking in the $2800 - $3000 range
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Hell no, that is a rip off man. $2.3k is where it is at. I bought my APC308 for only $2.6k “ONLY” LOL geez right...
View Quote
Link please....
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 12:25:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Link please....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link please....
It was one of one and the next one I found was 100 miles away and.........$3800
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It was one of one and the next one I found was 100 miles away and.........$3800
View Quote
I came across that deal you got a few days ago. I was like "that sonofabitch! That's what I got my 223 for!" Nice score!
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:36:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My 762RC will fit on my APC flashhider. A bit snug and probably not recommend by Surefire, but no baffle strikes yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was putting together a run of closed tine Surefire flash hiders for the Euro threads (APC included). G36 muzzle devices have the same pitch and should fit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 4:07:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have a Q cherry bomb on their APC223? Any issues with using it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone have a Q cherry bomb on their APC223? Any issues with using it?
View Quote

No one is using Q suppressors with their APC?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Does anyone have a factory backplate with the folding hinge adapter they would like to sell? Should be the standard pistol receiver endplate that comes with APC pistols
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I’m going to throw this out here about the APC 223: The trunion/barrel is held to the receiver with screws with red loctite. Does anyone know what torque setting you use to disassemble it? When I spoke to the B&T reps a year ago at the NRA Convention in Indy, their response was to send the upper in to them to work on, especially when mounting a new flash hider. They do not sell, nor does anyone else sells, a upper receiver vise block to allow for flash hider changes with appropriate torque settings.

The SCAR 16s does not have that issue. Although FN does a crappy job of supporting the platform compared to what other companies do, there are plenty of spare parts and tools to maintain it. This is my big hang up about spending $3k on an APC 223:

https://www.gandrtactical.com/BampT-APC223-Sport-16-Barrel-Pistol_p_988.html

Looks cool. Has an adjustable gas block, but I would love to see a non-reciprocating charging handle like what’s on my APC 9 Pro. An AR pistol grip would be nice as well for a 922R part, and offering a vise block or a method of allowing for flash hider changes would be nice as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:13:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I’m going to throw this out here about the APC 223: The trunion/barrel is held to the receiver with screws with red loctite. Does anyone know what torque setting you use to disassemble it? When I spoke to the B&T reps a year ago at the NRA Convention in Indy, their response was to send the upper in to them to work on, especially when mounting a new flash hider. They do not sell, nor does anyone else sells, a upper receiver vise block to allow for flash hider changes with appropriate torque settings.

The SCAR 16s does not have that issue. Although FN does a crappy job of supporting the platform compared to what other companies do, there are plenty of spare parts and tools to maintain it. This is my big hang up about spending $3k on an APC 223:

https://www.gandrtactical.com/BampT-APC223-Sport-16-Barrel-Pistol_p_988.html

Looks cool. Has an adjustable gas block, but I would love to see a non-reciprocating charging handle like what’s on my APC 9 Pro. An AR pistol grip would be nice as well for a 922R part, and offering a vise block or a method of allowing for flash hider changes would be nice as well.
View Quote

You can find the armorer's manual from Preston Precision's website, it contains the information you are looking for.
https://www.prestonprecision.net/s/SM-3949506-APC556.pdf
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:24:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Anyone looking for lighting solutions the HBI M300 Mount that they sell for the APC and GHM works great on the 223. I bought it to put on my GHM9 but it doesn’t work with the MLok Gen 2s so it wound up on here. Also added a UMP stock

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 7:49:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You can find the armorer's manual from Preston Precision's website, it contains the information you are looking for.
https://www.prestonprecision.net/s/SM-3949506-APC556.pdf
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, after reading through the armorer’s manual, I have to say I am not impressed. Loctite 603 is the rule with the barrel screws (guess I should say trunion), and it looks like the extractor is a PITA to change out.

I think I will stick with my SCAR 17 and  ARs.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#26]
APC owners, would you replace your AR with your APC? Or is the APC simply a way to spice things up from time to time?
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
APC owners, would you replace your AR with your APC? Or is the APC simply a way to spice things up from time to time?
View Quote

I have many AR’s a couple of Scars, so I picked up the APC for a change. Now I just need to shoot it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:11:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I have many AR’s a couple of Scars, so I picked up the APC for a change. Now I just need to shoot it.
View Quote

I've had mine for a year, still haven't shot it ??
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Why the hell do b&t stocks drop down so low? They are awesome if I wanted to have a jaw-weld What am I missing here? Is it soley to clear the ejection port?
Link Posted: 6/24/2020 3:00:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  Would not replace core AR's, (parts availability, smithing expertise, and invested years of training on the AR) even though its a favorite and the APC quality is leaps and bounds above.

Just "spice" that I wouldn't own before half a dozen other fundamentals were covered first.

SBR a must though.

Link Posted: 6/24/2020 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
@hermy
@AlphaThree

Well I finally made it down to THSF and picked up my B&T APC308 with 16.3 barrel. I put on my waiting accessories and she is pretty much ready to be sighted in. I hope to make it out to the range in the next 3-4 weeks to stretch her legs and see what kind of groupings I can get.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_APC_308_with_SB_scope-1084910.jpg
View Quote

Are those 3 bolts fwd of the breech for barrel retention?  Is the barrel user-level serviceable/removable?

ETA NVM, I found it is through this article, although the whole HG must be removed, which is 12 bolts in total.  Still, this is about as close as I'll ever get to a .308 that comes close to the ARX200 that Beretta seems utterly indifferent to bringing to market.

I hear Lucky Irishman makes an ACR adapter that allows the stock to be removed without tools.
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Finally got out to shoot mine today. I put a Vortex red dot sight on it. The gun was fantastic to shoot. Very light recoil and accurate at the 50 yards that I was shooting at. Ran great also with my AAC M4-2000 on it. I am going like this gun a lot.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top