Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2018 9:29:37 PM EDT
I seem to recall years ago seeing people shoot their spring powered air rifles into bars of soap to get an idea of how much punch they packed. I found a bar of some sort of boutique soap in the house we moved into 2 years ago on a shelf we hadn't yet used soooo... 1 17gr .22gr Ruger pointed pellet + 1 Ruger .22 Impact air rifle yeilds 2" penetration

I have some other pellets I want to try now should the soap be able to withstand more shots... next I think I'll try the 17gr perpetrators weighing them on my RCBS powder measure they're actually 17gr so heavier than advertised. These things will pierce a coleman lantern propane tank and heavily dent the other side where as no others I have tried will. Actually come to think of it, it MAY have gone through both sides...can't recall for sure.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 10:40:33 PM EDT
[#1]
No increase in penetration

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top