Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2020 8:32:49 AM EDT
So i have a form 4 supressor on a single shot trust. A little past 6 months since they took my money. Does anyone know what is involved in the processors job. How much more involved than a nics check is it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#2]
So it really is the shi@ show they say it is... i work at the city i live in and know the armorer for our police department. He just waited 302 days. I am a chomping at the bit a little its my first. I know somebody is gonna say ha 6 months is nothing.but when i bought it nov. 1st the guy at silencer shop answered a few questions and wait times were short there for a while. He was saying if atf kept doing that well i could possibly have it first of the year. Well the atf has let me down....hurry up and wait i guess.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:14:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So it really is the shi@ show they say it is... i work at the city i live in and know the armorer for our police department. He just waited 302 days. I am a chomping at the bit a little its my first. I know somebody is gonna say ha 6 months is nothing.but when i bought it nov. 1st the guy at silencer shop answered a few questions and wait times were short there for a while. He was saying if atf kept doing that well i could possibly have it first of the year. Well the atf has let me down....hurry up and wait i guess.
View Quote

I had a form 4 come back in less than 3 months over the winter on a single shot trust.

But my other two took 10+months.

Who the fuck knows, file the paperwork and it's like christmas when they finally call.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
My 7/11/19 was just approved two weeks ago. Almost right at 10 months.

When I called (to check on status), they said 10 months wait time.

Expect to wait 10 months + 45 days mail time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No, it’s worse.

You can look at the Form 4 tracking thread. You’ll see approvals from the last month spread out over at least a year of submission dates. Used to be that you could base your expected approval date based on threads like that. No way you don’t know if it’s gonna be 2 months or 12 months.
View Quote

There was some stuff posted in the NFA section awhile back about new examiners coming in.

We may be starting to see the fruits of their labor, unfortunately they probably don't work in chronological order....probably just as assigned.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to NFA... it’s about patience and buying it now while you can.

Also it helps to buy a stamp every few months so they keep rolling in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top