Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2018 5:05:41 AM EDT
Some thoughts on a gentleman’s folder for “back-pocket” carry (long post warning).  The Genesis started when I was home last and needed to use my folder to cut something in a public place.  Normally, I really don’t care much what other people think (or see), but after some consideration, it’s nice to have a smaller blade that attracts little to no attention which is a valuable trait these days.  I almost always have at least one larger primary folder and often a second in my front left pocket (weak-hand).  My search was for a smaller “gentleman’s” folder that was thin/narrow, light and with a blade less than 3.5”.  I also wanted a deep pocket clip with a preference for left-hand carry as my plan was to carry in my back left pocket.  Many I chose actually came with them, and for a few that I really like that don't have the deep pocket clips, I’m buying aftermarket deep-pocket clips for them.

The clip design was important as I wanted the knife indexed to the outer side of my back pocket and kept in place.  Right or left back pocket?  Well, this creates some challenges.  For me, I carry my wallet in my back left pocket (I’m left handed for a few things), but I also carry my pistol on my right side.  Back home, I IWB on the right, which interferes with a back pocket folder in my back right pocket; however, with an open carry holster that I use that is also a mid-level riding holster here in Afghanistan, I’ve been able to carry in the right pocket just fine.  So…a reversible clip is preferred, but many of the folders are only right-hand/pocket styles.  That weighs some in my decisions and forces some compromises.

Prices ranged from $20-30 to around $190 (The Benchmade Emissary was the most expensive).  Surprisingly, some of the less expensive options had some very good features despite mediocre steel choices.  I’ve found that even some of the inexpensive steel options are very good if they’re used on very thin blades; much easier to get and keep a razor’s edge.

Also, to “avoid attention”, I didn’t consider any automatics, but I do have some assisted openers and flippers that may attract attention. This makes it hard, but I ended up just accepting almost “auto-like” opening for some of the folders.

Blade profiles also varied, but this is really a low-key, utilitarian blade for lighter tasks, so it wasn’t a significant factor.  I did want a thinner blade which most all had.

Without rambling much more, here is the lineup and my top three choices with a few other “credits" given out along with some pro’s and con’s for my selection criteria.  My main criteria focus was weight, thickness (or thinness), deep pocket clip, and reversible pocket clip.

1. Benchmade 943 Osborne: 3.4” CPM-S30V Blade, 2.9oz, 0.41” width (top reversible choice)
PROS: Good steel, good ergos, Axis lock, reversible pocket clip, nice blade profile, good blade/handle ratio
CONS: Rough edge finish, no deep pocket clip; don't care for the satin blade finish, expensive (the second most expensive in the group and if not for the features it wouldn't rate as high...I also have to purchase an aftermarket deep pocket clip to get exactly what I want)

2. Boker Urban Trapper: 3.5” VG10 Blade, 1.78oz, 0.32” width (top non-reversible choice)
PROS: Great blade finish/edge, good flipper, solid liner lock, light and narrow, deep pocket clip
CONS: Tiny flipper, expensive for the quality, pocket clip isn't reversible

3. Benchmade Bugout: 3.24” (3.0” Edge) CPM-S30V Blade, 1.85oz, 0.42” width (Expensive for design but it’s growing on me despite the color of the handle which I don’t personally care for)
PROS: Very light, decent fit and finish, good steel, Axis lock, reversible - deep pocket clip
CONS: Price (fourth most expensive), blade finish on edge is poor, only “bright blue” colored handle option, no steel liners (strength?)

4: Kershaw Al Mar AM3/AM4: 3.5”/3.0” 8Cr13MoV Blade, 3.02oz/2.51oz, 0.42” width (Best Deal)
PROS: Good fit/finish, deep pocket clip, price, blade profile, good ergos, good frame-lock, assist opener
CONS: Useless thumb studs, mediocre steel, no reversible pocket clip,

5. CRKT Crossbones: 3.5” AUS8 Blade, 2.4oz, 0.44 width (Nice in most categories but very sharp edges)
PROS: Great blade finish/edge, good flipper, solid liner lock, lighter and narrow, deep pocket clip
CONS: Sharp edges on handle, mediocre steel for the price, lock sticks bad, pocket clip not reversible

6. Kizer Splinter: 3.375” CPM-S35VN Blade, 2.6oz, 0.41” width (great design and materials, solid choice)
PROS: Excellent steel, excellent fit/finish, lightweight, slim and reversible pocket clip
CONS: Price (although not bad for materials and finish; third most expensive), pocket clip is not a deep-style

7. Kershaw Sinkevich Atmos: 3” 8Cr13MoV Blade, 2.0oz, 0.43” width (a great contender with the Al Mar but with a reversible deep pocket clip and excellent flipping action with KVT ball bearings)
PROS: Comfortable design, good price, decent fit/finish, deep pocket/reversible clip, KVT ball bearing-flipper,
CONS: Mediocre steel,

8. Kershaw Leek (Steel frame-lock): 3.0” 14C28N Blade, 3.0oz, 0.35” width (great design, this model is just too heavy and it needs an aftermarket deep pocket clip)
PROS: Good fit/finish, reversible pocket clip, utilitarian blade profile, nice assisted action, decent flipper
CONS: Heavy for size (steel frame-lock), mediocre steel, no deep pocket clip,

9. CRKT Cuatro: 3.125” 8Cr13MoV Blade, 3.04oz, 0.48” width
PROS: Comfortable design, good price, decent fit/finish, deep pocket clip
CONS: Mediocre steel,

10: CRKT Swindle: 3” 8Cr13MoV Blade, 3.4oz, 0.38” width
PROS: Utilitarian blade profile, good blade finish, unique ambi-pocket clip, decent price
CONS: Small flipper, poor frame-lock lockup, weird ergos, pocket clip not deep or secure, mediocre steel

These folders were simply too heavy for back pocket carry (for me at least), although they make excellent front pocket EDC choices:

Benchmade Emissary: 3.45” CPM-S30V blade, 3.95oz, 0.52” width (Expensive, but worth the quality)
PROS: Excellent fit/finish, good steel and excellent grind, deep pocket/reversible clip, fast assisted opening, Axis lock
CONS: Expensive (the most expensive), heavy, thick

RUIKE P801: 3.46” 14C28N blade, 4.23oz, 0.38” width (Best fit/finish for the price)
PROS: Best fit/finish, deep pocket clip, price, smoothest flipper action, nice accents
CONS: Heavy! Mediocre steel, no reversible pocket clip

Boker Mini Kwaiken (Titanium handles): 3.0” VG10 Blade, 3.89oz, 0.51” width (Great design; the larger version would make a great primary EDC)
PROS: Good steel, smooth flipper action, good fit and finish, nice blade design,
CONS: Price (although good materials), heavy and thick, no deep pocket clip, slippery handle

Kershaw Amplitude: 3.1” 18Cr13MoV Blade, 3.9oz, 0.39” width (Best Deal; excellent little folder)
PROS: Great fit/finish, sharp, good frame lock, assisted flipper, reversible - deep pocket clip, ergos, price
CONS: Heavy, mediocre steel

So, for final thoughts, the Kershaw Al Mar (either size) is the best deal for what I wanted with only the inability to switch the clip for left-side carry.  I can still make it work and would recommend it, especially for the price.

The Kershaw Crossbones and Boker Urban Trapper (several variants) are a little expensive, but good designs (although the Crossbones needs less sharp edges).  Both are right-hand only carry which sucks a little for my specific needs, but still excellent for the size, weight, and narrow/thinness.

I need to try a lighter Kershaw Leek and get a deep pocket clip (which are made, aftermarket).  The design is really about perfect and I like the blade profile.  The version I have is just a tad heavy for the size and it needs that deep-pocket clip.

The Benchmade 943 Osborne and Bugout are both strong contenders.  The 943 is going to get a deep pocket clip and both have reversible clips best suited to my back left-pocket carry.  I was disappointed with both on the finished blade edges; very rough.  Both Axis actions and pivots needed some lube.  They are both thin and carry very well.  While it should be a surprise, three of the four most expensive blades were Benchmade knives; the Kizer was the other one.

The surprise of the group was the Kizer Splinter.  It was pretty expensive despite me using some gift-card points.  Still, it’s on par with other knives made with similar materials and it had some very good fit and finish with a very nice blade design and sharpened well and evenly.  I wish the clip was deep pocket as that was the only issue I had with it and there are no aftermarket clips that I could find.

For the money, both the Kershaw Amplitude and Ruike P801 would make excellent primary EDC knives for smaller blades. Both are a little heavy for their size, but both were top notch as far as fit and finish and solid lockups with the frame-locks.  The bearings on the Ruike were extremely smooth.

I haven’t had enough time with either the CRKT Cuatro or the Kershaw Atmos, but I really like both designs and they will get more carry time in the back pockets.  The Atmos is surprisingly well designed and good fit and finish for the price.

I’ll eventually get a group shot added as it helps to see a side-by-side comparison.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I have long considered the Benchmade 940/943 to be the best EDC knives. Nice thin/slim profiles and I love the AXIS lock. The drawback is they aren’t cheap. The Benchmade 530 is another one to possibly consider. Even lighter and thinner and cheaper, but the blade steel isn’t as nice (154CM, still better than a lot of those). It would need a deep clip addition.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:25:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have long considered the Benchmade 940/943 to be the best EDC knives. Nice thin/slim profiles and I love the AXIS lock. The drawback is they aren’t cheap. The Benchmade 530 is another one to possibly consider. Even lighter and thinner and cheaper, but the blade steel isn’t as nice (154CM, still better than a lot of those). It would need a deep clip addition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I was reluctant to spend that much on the smaller Benchmade knives, but I'm actually pleased with these three (943, Emissary, and Bugout).  The 943 just needs a deep pocket clip and I wish they didn't have the "satin" blade.  The most disappointing was the actual bevel/edge which was very rough.  It will take some time to polish it up; it's serviceable, but for the price, it should have a better finish.  The Emissary was about $10 more and is far more "refined" with a very decent edge

Not sure how I overlooked the Centofante.  I have several Spyderco knives, but their profile is often wider and I was looking for both a thin and "slim" design...the Centofante seems to meet that.  It too would need a deep pocket clip, but those are available for that model.  I may try that one out in the near future...thanks.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Of those choice's for me would be the 943, and if you talk nicely to benchmade they just may send you a deep pocket clip for free.  Only issue I've had with back pocket carry is occasionally the clip will snag on something, bent the couple of clips that way but were easy enough to fix.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:20:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

8. Kershaw Leek (Steel frame-lock): 3.0" 14C28N Blade, 3.0oz, 0.35" width (great design, this model is just too heavy and it needs an aftermarket deep pocket clip)
PROS: Good fit/finish, reversible pocket clip, utilitarian blade profile, nice assisted action, decent flipper
CONS: Heavy for size (steel frame-lock), mediocre steel, no deep pocket clip,

https://www.bladehq.com/imgs/knives/spring-assisted-knives/kershaw-assist/kershaw-leek-knives/kershaw-leek-blackwash-plain-1660blkq-large.jpg

ROCK6
View Quote

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/new-for-2017/kershaw-1660cf-carbon-fiber-leek-new-for-2017/
Made in the USAFlipper
SpeedSafe assisted opening
Liner lock, tip-lock slider
Reversible pocketclip (tip-up/down)
Steel: CPM 154, stonewashed finish
Handle: Carbon fiber
Blade length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
Closed length: 4 in. (10.2 cm)
Open length: 7 in. (17.9 cm)
Weight 2.3 oz. (68 g)
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Of those choice's for me would be the 943, and if you talk nicely to benchmade they just may send you a deep pocket clip for free.  Only issue I've had with back pocket carry is occasionally the clip will snag on something, bent the couple of clips that way but were easy enough to fix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Well, I do have all the above, and Benchmade is sending a deep-pocket clip to me here in Afghanistan (great customer service BTW).  With the pending deep pocket clip, the 943 clicks most of the boxes in my selection criteria.

Quoted:

Made in the USAFlipper
SpeedSafe assisted opening
Liner lock, tip-lock slider
Reversible pocketclip (tip-up/down)
Steel: CPM 154, stonewashed finish
Handle: Carbon fiber
Blade length: 3 in. (7.6 cm)
Closed length: 4 in. (10.2 cm)
Open length: 7 in. (17.9 cm)
Weight 2.3 oz. (68 g)
I went back and forth on this.  It may be a future addition, but I was told the basic aluminum models were a better deal as the carbon fiber wasn't finished very well and it really doesn't cut down on the weight.  The steel is a significant upgrade though.  Still, I like the Leek profile and once I put a deep pocket clip on the one I have, I may consider a lighter version like the carbon fiber model...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
Benchmade will absolutely send you a deep carry clip for free.  You don't even have to talk to someone.  Just go to the support page and make a request for a the deep carry clip of your choice.  You don't even have to claim loss or damage to your existing clip.  this is how I got deep carry clips for my 940 & 531.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Needs more Boker Kwaiken.

Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:07:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Needs more Boker Kwaiken[/url].
View Quote
I have the smaller 3" titanium version.  It's a little thick (and a tad heavy) for my criteria in the back pocket, but it is a narrow design that just needs a deep carry pocket clip.  Boker did well on the Kwaiken and I'm strongly considering the larger version for front pocket carry (maybe even the ProTech auto version).

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:16:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have the smaller 3" titanium version.  It's a little thick (and a tad heavy) for my criteria in the back pocket, but it is a narrow design that just needs a deep carry pocket clip.  Boker did well on the Kwaiken and I'm strongly considering the larger version for front pocket carry (maybe even the ProTech auto version).

ROCK6
View Quote
To be fair, I do not carry mine back pocket, but I do feel it's worthy of consideration.  I love mine.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#11]
what about the smaller benchmade 470-1 Emissary?  I have this knife and love it.

Emissary 470-1
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
what about the smaller benchmade 470-1 Emissary?  I have this knife and love it.

Emissary 470-1
View Quote
That probably wouldn't have been a bad option.  I didn't even know there was a smaller Emissary (just overlooked it).  It is lighter and thinner, but even with the larger Emissary, I've been concerned (well, more surprised) with how much "kick" it has as an assisted opener...you get a very loud and noticeable "thwaak"!  If anything, my Emissary is extremely well finished, both handle and blade, and it's a very slick design as an assisted opener.  Good suggestion though...

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:09:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 3:27:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Go full Grandpa.
View Quote
I'm not to that stage just yet  Case knives are classics and draw little attention in public; I like those finger/friction versions...and it has a pocket clip (double bonus!).

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:00:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Benchmade Fact seems like it’d work nice for back pocket.  3.95” blade though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Benchmade Fact seems like it’d work nice for back pocket.  3.95” blade though.
View Quote
Yeah, just a little big, but I still like the design.  That one is going on the wish list...
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Here's a recent acquisition of mine that might fit the bill. Other than not having a deep carry clip (I'm working to find one now) it ticks most of your boxes. You can also get it with a more rounded tip since what you're describing probably isn't seeking a Tanto tip (although it looks like they're out of the rounded tip version now).

It's definitely derivative of the Quartermaster Kwaiken, although personally I feel the lines, design, blade grind etc are different enough that it's not a complete knock off of their design.

http://imgur.com/RdTK9is

https://imgur.com/a/CCAdD

https://imgur.com/dfzUOvX

https://imgur.com/720payJ

https://imgur.com/XaBCqEB

https://imgur.com/zgWrg2g

Anyway, it's really slim and light. Flips well on bearings and locks up tight. Supposed to be D2, and while profiling and sharpening I'd say it acts like it. https://www.amazon.com/Eafengrow-Tactical-Folding-Titanium-Outdoor/dp/B076Q9P61P?th=1

Best of luck, peace.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#18]
do yourself a favor and check out the Ruike 108.  I just picked one up and its as impressive as most of my $100 dollar knives
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 11:50:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's a recent acquisition of mine that might fit the bill. Other than not having a deep carry clip (I'm working to find one now) it ticks most of your boxes. You can also get it with a more rounded tip since what you're describing probably isn't seeking a Tanto tip (although it looks like they're out of the rounded tip version now).

It's definitely derivative of the Quartermaster Kwaiken, although personally I feel the lines, design, blade grind etc are different enough that it's not a complete knock off of their design.

Anyway, it's really slim and light. Flips well on bearings and locks up tight. Supposed to be D2, and while profiling and sharpening I'd say it acts like it.

Best of luck, peace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Anyway, it's really slim and light. Flips well on bearings and locks up tight. Supposed to be D2, and while profiling and sharpening I'd say it acts like it.

Best of luck, peace.
Yeah, I tool a long look at the Quartermaster Qwaiken.  I love the design, but it was just a little to big for a back pocket and the need for thin and lighter weight.  I'm still considering it down the road as a front pocket folder as I do prefer larger folders for primary carry.  That "knock off" looks well done and I'm not opposed to tanto-tipped blades as long as they can cut...

Quoted:
do yourself a favor and check out the Ruike 108.  I just picked one up and its as impressive as most of my $100 dollar knives
I agree.  The Ruike P801 was in my above selection and testing.  While it was a little heavy for my back pocket requirements...it is a shockingly good value and one I would instantly recommend as a primary EDC and even "gentleman's" primary folder.  Had the price been three times the current price, I would likely have still considered it.  The fit and finish was flawless and the flipping action the smoothest.  Lockup was solid and the blade grind was better than the Benchmade Osborne 943 (which was quite disappointing).  The blue accents are a nice touch as well.  For those who haven't considered a $30 folder before, give the Ruike P801 a shot and I think you'll be quite impressed and hard pressed to find fault in the Chinese folder.  I'm an advocate only because I think it's good competition and when I spend five times more ($30 vs. $180) on a Benchmade, it's not just about materials and steel upgrades, it's about fit and finish and the unpolished "bead-blast" finish and horrible bevel grind is unacceptable for a US made knife that is quite frankly put to shame by a Chinese $30 knife.  There's not a $150 difference in materials or customer service.  Don't get me wrong, the Benchmade 943 is one of my top choices for what I was looking for, but I was disappointed on the finish.  Even the slightly more expensive Benchmade Emissary had vastly better fit and finish than the $10 less Osborne 943.  Sadly, the 943 looked more "mass produced" whereas the Chinese Ruike P801 actually looked like it received a good polishing, rounding of the edges and one of the better factory bladed edges in the group of knives I tested.  To the Osborne 943's credit, it does have an awesome locking mechanism, I really like the blade profile, and it's ambidextrous; it does need a deep pocket clip, which Benchmade is sending to me in Afghanistan for free.  So, while I bitch about comparing the 943's fit and finish to a $30 Chinese folder which out-classes it, Benchmade does have a solid reputation and top notch customer service in our domestic knife industry.  Regardless, I think you would be quite impressed with the very inexpensive Ruike P801:

Just my opinion and I own a few high end customs and several folders in the $200+range.  If you can get passed the Chinese label of Ruike, you would be pretty impressed what $30 can buy you in a quality folder which should press our own domestic industry to step up their quality and not just charge for name and prior reputation.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:04:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Benchmade Fact seems like it'd work nice for back pocket.  3.95" blade though.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/204576/9E7D8EDE-7542-4BA8-A90F-2931766E50BE-481710.JPG
View Quote
I am looking forward to getting the Fact in hand.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 1:48:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I am looking forward to getting the Fact in hand.
View Quote
I'll be looking forward to your review!

ROCK6
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 1:48:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Follow up:  Again, this is a tertiary gentleman's blade I can use in public vice my larger EDC blades typically worn in my front pockets.  While I'm trying both back pockets right now, back home, my CCW (carried on the right) interferes with accessing my back right pocket...hence a left-hand or ambi blade opening (and pocket clip) were a significant focus as much as the slim/narrow profile, deep pocket clip, and light weight.

I'm ironically "left handed" for some things (writing and I carry my wallet and watch on the left as well).  My wallet is in my back-left pocket which is why I want a slim design to index alongside it and not prevent withdrawing my wallet or have the knife snagged and pulled out accidently.  For the “flippers”, this is a concern as the flipping part of the blade would ride alongside my wallet if I couldn’t reverse the pocket clip.

Of the blades I'm been using, here they are, ranked in order of "best fit".  Unfortunately, many do not have a reversible/left-hand pocket clip capability...the best "fit" would naturally be the Boker Urban Trapper; slim, lightweight, and very good steel on a thin, sharp blade, but it lacks the ability for reversing the pocket clip…the only detractor.

The two best deals would be the Kershaw Al Mar or the Kershaw Leek; just wish they could be switched to the left hand.  Surprisingly, I may deal with the weight of the Kershaw Amplitude since the deep pocket clip is reversible, and the assisted opening makes for a pretty sleek profile and easy opening with my weak-hand.

The blade I really wanted to like was the Kizer Splinter.  A very light, svelte flipper design with a nice blade profile.  The clip isn't a true deep-pocket style, but it is reversible.  The weirdest issue is that it's a flipper frame lock and for some reason, it's the only flipper I can't quite open as my grip puts pressure on the frame lock, preventing the flipping action.  I have to hold it with a very loose and awkward grip to open the blade.  The only consolation is that the blade sticks out enough to open like a jack-knife...the jury is still out.

By default, the Benchmade 943 Osborne is the best in the group and Benchmade is sending me a deep pocket clip to help even more.  The naturally ambidextrous nature really gives it the edge (no pun intended).

If I was just concerned about my back "right" pocket, the top three/four choices would easily be:

Boker Urban Trapper: Best slim design and excellent materials/blade finish
Kershaw Al Mar: Best value meeting all requisite values out of the box
CRKT Crossbones: Excellent design, a tad sharp around the handle though
Kershaw Leek: Just awaiting the deep pocket clip, but an excellent slim design

Some pictures for reference:

The top two are what I EDC (Emerson CQC8 and Hogue X5).  The Spyderco Para-Military 2 is what I consider a moderate-sized (even small) EDC for me, so it's in there for reference.

From right to left: Sypderco PM2, Benchmade 943, Boker Urban Trapper, CRKT Crossbones, Kershaw Al Mar AM4, Kershaw Leek, Kershaw Amplitude, and the Kizer Splinter.

Not the best photos, but hopefully this shows some of the profile comparisons and pocket clip designs:

Here were some that I tried out and they didn't make the "cut".  The Benchmade Emissary was the most expensive and is a great example of Benchmade quality (much better than the $10 cheaper Benchmade 943).  The size though makes this more of a front-pocket EDC for me.

From right to left.
Emerson CQC8
Spyderco PM2
Benchmade Emissary
RUIKE P801, easily the best finished knife for the money
CRKT Cuatro, light and a decent profile
Boker Min Kwaiken (Ti scales).   A nice knife, but blocky and thick for the size.
CRKT Swindle.  Unique pocket clip, actually works well, and it’s a slim design; the lock wasn’t very solid
Mercator.  THIN! Nice profile, not one hand opening and no clip, but a timeless design.
Hogue X5

Overall, and interesting experiment.  Right now, I’m carrying the Benchmade Osborne in my back-left pocket and the Boker Urban Trapper in my back-right pocket.  I’ll do some rotations and see how they continue to carry and I have couple deep pocket clips on the way (Benchmade, and Kershaw Leek).

ROCK6
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top