Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2020 4:55:40 PM EDT
Just ordered a 10/22 Charger and was looking to possibly upgrade the trigger on it. Though I’d get the BX trigger, but it seems to be sold out at a lot of places. Is there an upgrade coming that I should wait for or do I go ahead and buy where I can for a little higher price.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Cmc is coming out with their triggers for the 10/22
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I say order the bx25, it's awesome.

How high a price do the places in stock want for them?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
IM Sent
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Send your factory trigger to Brimstone.  Their cheap trigger job feel VERY similar to the BX trigger, their Tier 2 trigger is worth the upgrade if only for the aluminum trigger.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I say order the bx25, it's awesome.

How high a price do the places in stock want for them?
View Quote
Places that had it in stock were $75+, but I was more surprised at how many were out of stock. Just purchased it from SAP for $65 after shipping so not bad at all.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Send your factory trigger to Brimstone.  Their cheap trigger job feel VERY similar to the BX trigger, their Tier 2 trigger is worth the upgrade if only for the aluminum trigger.
View Quote
This

The tier two also gets rid of that wonky Ruger trigger return spring and installs a torsion trigger return spring.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Very interested in these Brimstone triggers now that a few here have mentioned them.

Do I understand it correctly that you send in your factory trigger group (polymer, in my case), they re-work some parts and replace others, and send it back?

What is the usual turn around time?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Op - if it doesn’t work out,  I would recommend the Kidd 99.00 trigger kit.  Better than all the BX triggers I have tried.  Also Brimstone can work over your BX trigger also.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Very interested in these Brimstone triggers now that a few here have mentioned them.

Do I understand it correctly that you send in your factory trigger group (polymer, in my case), they re-work some parts and replace others, and send it back?

What is the usual turn around time?
View Quote
Seems like turn around was about 10 days on my triggers.

They will also do the Tier 2 trigger job on the T/C R22.

I recently snagged a stainless 10/22 target model, old enough that it has the metal trigger guard.  That trigger is headed to Brimstone soon, my only questions is, Tier 1 or Tier 2?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the BX, it is fair for the money.  I ended up going with Kidd triggers in 2 of mine, they are very nice for precision shooting, but the BX is fine for most stuff.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:17:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Op - if it doesn’t work out,  I would recommend the Kidd 99.00 trigger kit.  Better than all the BX triggers I have tried.  Also Brimstone can work over your BX trigger also.
View Quote
@stre-tch

Seems like the Tier 2 Brimstone would be about ~$100 all said and done. How does it stack up to the equally priced Kidd?
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 BXs on my rifles. They work well enough for me.  
I bought them with Cabelas points & gift cards plus sold my old triggers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Agree, big improvement over stock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a 10/22 Target that has a crappy factory trigger so I came here to see how everyone else is handling this issue.

Now I'm more confused as I was just going to be a BX and be done with it.

Has anyone used both a BX and the "upgraded Tactical Solutions" trigger that comes in the top-of-the-line TACSOL X-RING Vantage?  Not the Ruger base trigger, but the TACSOL trigger.

Reason I ask ... I have the TACSOL in my X-Ring and want to know how the BX compares.  If it is close I'll buy one.  If it is not I'll go the $99 KIDD route.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have a 10/22 Target that has a crappy factory trigger so I came here to see how everyone else is handling this issue.

Now I'm more confused as I was just going to be a BX and be done with it.

Has anyone used both a BX and the "upgraded Tactical Solutions" trigger that comes in the top-of-the-line TACSOL X-RING Vantage?  Not the Ruger base trigger, but the TACSOL trigger.

Reason I ask ... I have the TACSOL in my X-Ring and want to know how the BX compares.  If it is close I'll buy one.  If it is not I'll go the $99 KIDD route.
View Quote
The TacSol is a nice trigger and better than the BX, but they do not make it anymore.  Used to be an option of BX or their own TacSol trigger.  I have one and it is not bad, but IIRC couldn't compete with Kidd at the price point they were charging.  The only reason I paid a lot more for the TacSol was because it matched the GMG receiver and barrel of my X-Ring, but has since been upgraded to a Kidd 2 stage.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m very pleased with my BX25 triggers
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
@stre-tch

Seems like the Tier 2 Brimstone would be about ~$100 all said and done. How does it stack up to the equally priced Kidd?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@stre-tch

I only have a small sample size - 1 Kidd trigger kit and have a regular worked Brimstone trigger not the BX.  I also have a full Kidd single stage trigger group and Tandem Kross trigger (brimstone had to work it over).  I think bang for your buck the Kidd is the best most consistent option.

Supposedly the Brimstone BX can equal or surpass the Kidd but I haven't handled one
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:09:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
That’s what you do. Buy a BX trigger then sell your original trigger for $25. Cuts the price of the BX to about $45
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Seems like turn around was about 10 days on my triggers.

They will also do the Tier 2 trigger job on the T/C R22.

I recently snagged a stainless 10/22 target model, old enough that it has the metal trigger guard.  That trigger is headed to Brimstone soon, my only questions is, Tier 1 or Tier 2?
View Quote
I got a tier 1 and it had ridiculous overtravel. Installed an overtravel screw in the trigger guard. Problem solved. A buddy got a tier 2 and her trigger was great. Definitely get the tier 2 with upgraded trigger and overtravel stop.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That’s what you do. Buy a BX trigger then sell your original trigger for $25. Cuts the price of the BX to about $45
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess it is just me but while the BX trigger is "better" than the factory trigger group, I don't think it is $65 better.

There used to be a 10/22 'smith called McCormmack & McCormmack and for $25 and your original trigger group, they returned to you a sweet, sweet trigger. You chose either the "Hunting" trigger or the "Bench" trigger. The Bench trigger came with a warning that it should not be carried in condition 1. Is was safe but almost no take-up and VERY light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top