Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2020 11:58:27 PM EDT
My unit just arrived from JRH Enterprises. Was scared for a moment. They ended up in Oakland during the riot and got delayed because of it lol.

Right Tube

SNR: 29.8

EBI: 0.57

FOM: 1907

RES: 64

HALO: 0.97

Left Tube

SNR: 30

EBI: 1.73

FOM: 1920

RES: 64

HALO: 0.76

I'm not sure how these specs compare to others since I've seen guys report higher specs, but I'm really excited to use them. The tubes appear to be completely clean. Glad I went this route.

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:18:35 AM EDT
Great specs you'll be happy with them. My GP HP+ BNVDs from JRH SNR just under 30 lp/mm 72 on each tube. If you're in the Bay Area Richmond Hot Shots has night shoots usually around fall if you're interested.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 5:43:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:08:43 AM EDT
Awesome! Glad to hear you like them!

Ill be joining the BNVD club here in the next bit
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:39:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:20:24 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the filters you put on the back?
View Quote

They're meant as a sacrificial lens made by Glynn NVI so airsoft bbs will not crack your NV glass.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:30:58 AM EDT
Congrats! My BNVD-SG had similar specs and it performed great.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:52:24 AM EDT
Quoted:

They're meant as a sacrificial lens made by Glynn NVI so airsoft bbs will not crack your NV glass.
View Quote

Didn't know they were for airsoft.

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:55:56 AM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC that's what he designed them for. He sells quit a few on "airsoft night vision" Face Book group.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:55:56 AM EDT
Quoted:

View Quote

IIRC that's what he designed them for. He sells quit a few on "airsoft night vision" Face Book group.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:02:47 PM EDT
Nice congratulations.  Do you put the sacrificial lens on the back for when it is stowed?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 12:50:50 PM EDT
Look great! Currently trying to decide if I want to order a set of these or go with RNVGs
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:16:28 PM EDT
Sweet,

Are you guys ordering these with or without the external battery pack hookup?
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:17:03 PM EDT
I opted for no external battery pack hookup.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:47:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:47:22 PM EDT
Quoted:
What are the filters you put on the back?
View Quote

Those are the nightvision incorporated sacrificial lenses.

The wrap is multicam black. It's meant for a DTNVG but I just cut some pieces to make it work better on this housing.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:48:10 PM EDT
Quoted:
Sweet,

Are you guys ordering these with or without the external battery pack hookup?
View Quote

I thought pretty hard about the option.

But really at the end of it I was wanting it more for a 'cool guy' feature than practicality

So I saved the monies and Im just going to put that towards a nice helmet mounted IR light

I believe I made the right choice
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:54:16 PM EDT
That was pretty much my thought process on the external battery back too. I didnt get it, though I was interested.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:59:53 PM EDT
External battery makes very little sense to me. It does not weigh enough to use as a counter weight, and you still use the same batteries, and you still get the same life out of the batteries. You still get the same hours of use per battery, just need to change it less often.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 2:13:11 PM EDT
Quoted:
Look great! Currently trying to decide if I want to order a set of these or go with RNVGs
View Quote

I was close to getting l3 unfilmed rnvgs, but I felt like I was gonna still have a desire for an articulating housing. BNVD has a lot of features, its rugged and feels like it, and it also has a cool look like PVS-31s and the DTNVS do. I know JRH has crazy good deals around the holidays most of the time if you're gonna be buying them around that time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:37:51 PM EDT
Congrats!! Now go in the closet and try them out and take pic’s!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:52:08 PM EDT
I'll try to get pictures or video through them if I can at some point.

I did get to walk down the street to a river trail with very little light and it was awesome. I saw rabbits and cats running along and the water looked cool. One thing I noticed is that there is no noticeable blue tint. Some of the comparison photos I've seen between these tubes and L3 Unfilmed WP tubes made it look like the Elbit tubes were super blue, but it looks more black and white like the unfilmed tubes do in pictures I've seen.

The built in IR illuminator works good for pitch black rooms.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:21:40 PM EDT
Depends on the cost.  I don’t know about BNVD but RNVG it’s what, $40?  At that price why not get the lemo?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 12:07:46 AM EDT
Quoted:
Depends on the cost.  I don’t know about BNVD but RNVG it’s what, $40?  At that price why not get the lemo?
View Quote

The BNVD is proprietary plug/pack. I don't  remember what the cost of the LEMO option was but IIRC it was more than 40.00. Also not to many places even offer the non LEMO option at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:44:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:02:05 AM EDT
Quoted:

This is correct. It is proprietary.

As I mentioned above when ordering Harris/Elbit systems tube I do NOT recommend the battery pack. However if you are ordering with L3 tubes I do suggest the battery pack. I base this off of having and using the platform with both Harris/Elbit tube and one with L3 tubes and seeing a massive difference in power usage from the L3 tubes (they are hungry suckers!). Again, based off of actual experience in both semi tropical climate usage and especially usage in very cold weather. Of course customers are free to order whatever suits their desires as far as tube types and battery packs
View Quote

My Harris/Elbit BNVDs I got from you is very efficient for a single cell AA battery unit.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:44:38 PM EDT
@Lowdown3 what do you estimate the run time is with L3 Filmless?  One of my good friends uses a filmless bnvd setup and we hunt together all the time - usually 10-12 hours per clip and he’s never mentioned it eating batteries.  He doesn’t use a battery pack either.  I’m guessing it still has a pretty good run time without the battery pack too
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 8:32:35 PM EDT
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.