Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 8:36:41 PM EDT
My pops bought a FEG for a song, and now we know why.
With the rear sight all the way to the left,  it's still grouping like crap. like 6" off at 7 yds.
I know nothing about BHPs..
Barrel issues?, slide issues?, or is it the frame?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If consistent poi vs point of aim, it’s Barrel/slide lockup is the culprit.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one some years back.
I wanted to like it but no matter what I did it would jam feeding or extracting.  Finally sold it back to the gun store.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Is it one of the true clones or the model with the slide mounted safety?

Also, have you shot this gun from a rest to eliminate user error?

ETA- I have one of the FEG true clones and while the trigger is HORRIBLE (actually crunchy) it is one of the best HP shooters I own. Mine has been 100% reliable with Mec-Gar magazines. The trigger can take some getting used to.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I've owned 4 over the years, 3 browning style and 1 S&W style, none have been that bad.

Do all the parts match or is it a parts gun put together from a bunch of pieces?

Also, is your 6" off still a group, or is the group all over the place?  One means it's accurate, just the sights are off, the other means the gun isn't locking up tightly.  Check the muzzle crown and barrel to make sure you don't have issues there as well.

Had this happen with a S&W 645, the press bushing in the end of the slide had actually come loose.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the responses.
It's does have a  slide mounted safety, and it actually groups great with S&B fmj.
All were shot from a rest, and  it was only  said to have 100 rounds through it.
No wear that is apparent on slide,frame, or mag well..
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:32:27 AM EDT
[#6]
The FEG BHP clone is a POS. If you want a BHP, get a real BHP.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:56:54 AM EDT
[#7]
If it's a slide mounted safety than it is not a true BHP P9M.

They have systems where it was a mix of SW and BHP setups.

Is it a DA/SA or just a SA?

I represent FEG and the quality can vary depending on when it was made or what contract it was going to out.

Some more pictures and details can help as nothing was consistent during the post communist times.

I have several FEG pistols from the BHP to the PA63s and with a little upgrade with springs and other stuff they have become a good platform.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

if you can point in the picture which one it is... I can give some pointers on how to fix it.

Most of mines needed new springs.. that was a given.....no matter what....Springs always helped.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 5:45:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My pops bought a FEG for a song, and now we know why.
With the rear sight all the way to the left,  it's still grouping like crap. like 6" off at 7 yds.
I know nothing about BHPs..
Barrel issues?, slide issues?, or is it the frame?
View Quote

check the barrel all over real good for a ding.  I had a gun (can't remember which) with a similar problem.  Turned out that somebody had dropped the barrel and made a ding that wouldn't allow it to lock up straight.  A little tap, tap, tap and a file to clean up, then all was good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

check the barrel all over real good for a ding.  I had a gun (can't remember which) with a similar problem.  Turned out that somebody had dropped the barrel and made a ding that wouldn't allow it to lock up straight.  A little tap, tap, tap and a file to clean up, then all was good.
View Quote

I bought one that had something like that..... I got it for 35 bucks and the gunshop made me sign a retainer that there is no refunds and no guarantees and it must go to a gunsmith.

But for 35 bucks, the frigging CAL DOJ fees was more than the pistol.

Turns out that whoever had it....shot some 9x21 in it and also 9x18.....
I chucked the barrel and got new springs and all was good.

No frame or slide damage.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If it's a slide mounted safety than it is not a true BHP P9M.

They have systems where it was a mix of SW and BHP setups.

Is it a DA/SA or just a SA?

I represent FEG and the quality can vary depending on when it was made or what contract it was going to out.

Some more pictures and details can help as nothing was consistent during the post communist times.

I have several FEG pistols from the BHP to the PA63s and with a little upgrade with springs and other stuff they have become a good platform.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20190702_123342_jpg-1847805.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20190717_135325_jpg-1847806.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/313126/20190702_103339_jpg-1847807.JPG

if you can point in the picture which one it is... I can give some pointers on how to fix it.

Most of mines needed new springs.. that was a given.....no matter what....Springs always helped.

https://bhspringsolutions.com/
View Quote

2 nd pic. is a match.
I'm out of town now, but I will see if I can get  field stripped pictures.
Thanks again,  you guys are awesome!
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#11]
So, if I understand correctly, OP's FEG is actually the R9?
I've not been able to find springs or magazines for mine, but at least it shoots to point of aim.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is it one of the true clones or the model with the slide mounted safety?

Also, have you shot this gun from a rest to eliminate user error?

ETA- I have one of the FEG true clones and while the trigger is HORRIBLE (actually crunchy) it is one of the best HP shooters I own. Mine has been 100% reliable with Mec-Gar magazines. The trigger can take some getting used to.
View Quote

I have one of the true clones also, since 1989ish. Disconnected the mag safety, and the trigger is awesome on mine. Super accurate and flawless reliability too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 9:44:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The FEG BHP clone is a POS. If you want a BHP, get a real BHP.
View Quote

I beg to differ. I have a FEG BHP clone and it's shoots perfectly fine. It's a true clone of the BHP and parts interchange. I did remove the mag catch safety and the trigger is nice. I like it so much that it's my only 9mm pistol and I'm considering taking it to a smith to have modern sights dovetailed in. The only fault I can find is the front sight being very small and non adjustable, the same as a 1911 GI pressed and staked sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top