User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 11:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does the KIJI compare to an M300V?
View Quote

There is no comparison. The Surefire light options do not even come close to this. It is a little league vs. pro team.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking for a review of it's use with a clip on PVS-22-30. Looks like it would make a nice light weight long range illuminator, but with out being able to adjust it's aim I'd like to hear how well it fills the view downrange.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looking for a review of it's use with a clip on PVS-22-30. Looks like it would make a nice light weight long range illuminator, but with out being able to adjust it's aim I'd like to hear how well it fills the view downrange.
View Quote

The Kiji did very well when I tested it with my 24LR the other night. I’d like to test it a little more before I say for sure, but first impressions of it are good.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think one of these, with the echo CQBL body, and a CQBL would be the ultimate setup. basically besting the Mawl for considerably less money in a compact single unit.
View Quote

This is why I want them to sell just the KIJI head
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 10:39:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if the Echo mount might be compatible (perhaps with some mods) with other single laser pointers as well.  The OTAL, and LS117IR for a couple.  Maybe even a Perst-4.  Hmmm.  

Yeah once they sell enough complete units, I hope they bust out the head-only option.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Kiji did very well when I tested it with my 24LR the other night. I’d like to test it a little more before I say for sure, but first impressions of it are good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks for the info! Look forward to more reports.

Link Posted: 11/26/2021 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
AH roger that thanks.  I guess that would be quicker, if that's a factor.  I find it intriguing that they are showing 2 spectrum illums with no laser pointers.  Maybe that's just to showcase the new product, but it makes me think of other options.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I haven’t seen this answered but is this strictly 3 volts or will it work with a 2 cr123 body at 6volts or even a rechargeable 3.7v which is typically 4.2 volts hot off the charger?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered the 3 degree Kiji from BE Meyers on Monday and it showed up yesterday. Waiting for my NVG to get delivered tomorrow. Ordered the DTNVS L3 Harris White Phos. Not sure how useful it will be at 10 degree on helmet, but I wanted the ability to throw it on the rifle if needed and use the 3 degree. The 10/40 seemed best for a helmet but almost useless with the 40 imo.

Link Posted: 11/29/2021 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife found out how much I paid for this thing.. I told her it was a weapon light as she doesn't know I have nods

Might have to sell it or return it.  Which is why I haven't tried it out yet.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2021 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#12]
So I pulled the trigger on one today from TNVC.  I’ll do a write up and try to PP in comparison to the Luna when I receive it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Trying to get my mind around the switching. I would want to press the button and have both of them come on... double-tap for constant on with the CQBL would switch modes on the KIJI. Is there any way to have them use a dual lead switch that doesn't end in one of them doing something other than what the user wanted? I guess that's one advantage of an integrated unit.

Quoted:
I think one of these, with the echo CQBL body, and a CQBL would be the ultimate setup. basically besting the Mawl for considerably less money in a compact single unit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:10:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Trying to get my mind around the switching. I would want to press the button and have both of them come on... double-tap for constant on with the CQBL would switch modes on the KIJI. Is there any way to have them use a dual lead switch that doesn't end in one of them doing something other than what the user wanted? I guess that's one advantage of an integrated unit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don’t want to assume your setup or use case, so take the following for what it is. Just an observation…

But I have a similar situation, in that a double tap will strobe my laser. Currently have a dual lead (simultaneous dual activation) modbutton connected to a laser and light, soon to be kiji.

I consider the switching a complete non issue because if I want to use that strobe feature, much like your constant on, I’ll just use the lasers onboard fire button (which the CQBL has also). So I’m struggling to see your issue, unless you have your CQBL mounted in a place other than 12oclock. Even then, I don’t see the utility of a constant on in a tactical situation, so reaching around your rail to activate constant on is probably a non issue also.

If you are really worried about it though, why not get the TAPS SYNC? 4 variations of light laser combinations that will separate your laser from light while still allowing simultaneous activation on the 2nd button.

Once again, refer to my first sentence if I’m mistaken in some way and just don’t understand what you are trying to do with your stuff.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My wife found out how much I paid for this thing.. I told her it was a weapon light as she doesn't know I have nods

View Quote

Marriage counseling is probably in GD somewhere
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, Team.   Curse threads
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 8:33:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Is Kiji the reason there seems to be a dozen MAWLs FS right now? or is it triple click or something else coming? Non of those MAWLs are post 7/21 or i’d pick up one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 2:32:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/2/2021 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#20]
My Kiji came in today but the switches that I ordered with it were the wrong ones.

I scavenged the dual lead off my MP5 clone so I can play with it tonight, just need the switch for the modlite and I may be done with this one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So I pulled the trigger on one today from TNVC.  I’ll do a write up and try to PP in comparison to the Luna when I receive it.
View Quote

Did you order the 3 or 10? TOR-Mini added on? I ordered the 10 with a TOR-Mini added on, which is listed as "in stock". I then received an email stating that it would be a 5-8 week lead time. It's only been 1 business day, but I haven't heard back from my email asking why, and don't see anything on the product page listing why there would be a 5-8 week lead time for an in stock item.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 7:56:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Did you order the 3 or 10? TOR-Mini added on? I ordered the 10 with a TOR-Mini added on, which is listed as "in stock". I then received an email stating that it would be a 5-8 week lead time. It's only been 1 business day, but I haven't heard back from my email asking why, and don't see anything on the product page listing why there would be a 5-8 week lead time for an in stock item.
View Quote

Call them.  Ask for Jaimie.  She will have the straight scoop.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:00:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 2:14:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My Kiji came in today but the switches that I ordered with it were the wrong ones.

I scavenged the dual lead off my MP5 clone so I can play with it tonight, just need the switch for the modlite and I may be done with this one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50589/20211202_153324_jpg-2189548.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50589/20211202_153808_jpg-2189549.JPG
View Quote

Ariska in-line mounts?
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Ariska in-line mounts?
View Quote

Correct. The one on the KIJI is a significantly older variant. It's slightly shorter and uses different hardware than the newer one the Modlite is on.

Mounted to the KAC URX4 on my SR25 keeps them all nice and tight. I was able to walk around for about an hour last night and get my feet wet with the KIJI. I used it to iluminate a mini mo steel target at 100 meters to confirm the zero on my RMR. The CQBL laser was significantly off and I didn't bother to mess with zeroing it since the RMR was dialed in so I simply turned it off and used the dual switch just for the KIJI.

The 10 degree diffuser works great for lighting up a close in area. Heard an armadillo rustling about just inside the woodline and was able to plink him from about 20 yards away. Only downside to this is a significant suppressor shadow. The 3 degree beam is awesome, very clear, and being able to cycle through power modes was quick and easy. Made seeing multiple pairs of deer easy when without illum it would have been difficult since they blended into the treeline backdrop.

Spent an hour walking around, killed two dillos, saw six deer, two rabbits, and two opossums as well.

This setup is taking the place of a FP PEQ15 on this build and I couldn't be happier with the initial results.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:37:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Anybody run the KIJI head on a Surefire or S&S or other 3V body? Been seeing reports this week of incompatibility in conflict with the marketing from BEM showing it should work across all of them. Sounds like it screws on but isn’t making proper electrical contact to power the head. Kinda wondering if it’s isolated issues or something more widespread.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 11:42:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I tried the KIJI head on a M300 body. The BEM tailcap would not work with that body but with a Surefire tailcap it worked fine.

Quoted:
Anybody run the KIJI head on a Surefire or S&S or other 3V body? Been seeing reports this week of incompatibility in conflict with the marketing from BEM showing it should work across all of them. Sounds like it screws on but isn’t making proper electrical contact to power the head. Kinda wondering if it’s isolated issues or something more widespread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2021 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered the -3.   Either way, you will be g2g, and Augee can def help if issues are present.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:10:26 AM EDT
[#29]

I’ll do a review when I get a chance, but this is a neat lightweight lower cost rig than the MAWL with most of the advantages (except ergos).  Very neat kit.  I used my legacy Unity mount from years ago.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/r82/dvlray6/4C379355-C7A1-4922-B6F1-DDC8381F9E2A.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

I’ll do a review when I get a chance, but this is a neat lightweight lower cost rig than the MAWL with most of the advantages (except ergos).  Very neat kit.  I used my legacy Unity mount from years ago.
View Quote

Very nice

I wish the tor mini had a remote switch port. I'm thinking of doing the mini at 12 and a kiji at 10:30 on an arisaka inline. The tailcap and mini paddles are easy to hit but a one button for both option would be nice.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Very nice

I wish the tor mini had a remote switch port. I'm thinking of doing the mini at 12 and a kiji at 10:30 on an arisaka inline. The tailcap and mini paddles are easy to hit but a one button for both option would be nice.
View Quote

I have a dual lead Mod Button that I plan to use.  Should be good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 12:01:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/r82/dvlray6/4C379355-C7A1-4922-B6F1-DDC8381F9E2A.jpeg?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

View Quote

Cool. And it's powering up fine with that SF body and tailcap, I assume?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Correct. The one on the KIJI is a significantly older variant. It's slightly shorter and uses different hardware than the newer one the Modlite is on.

Mounted to the KAC URX4 on my SR25 keeps them all nice and tight. I was able to walk around for about an hour last night and get my feet wet with the KIJI. I used it to iluminate a mini mo steel target at 100 meters to confirm the zero on my RMR. The CQBL laser was significantly off and I didn't bother to mess with zeroing it since the RMR was dialed in so I simply turned it off and used the dual switch just for the KIJI.

The 10 degree diffuser works great for lighting up a close in area. Heard an armadillo rustling about just inside the woodline and was able to plink him from about 20 yards away. Only downside to this is a significant suppressor shadow. The 3 degree beam is awesome, very clear, and being able to cycle through power modes was quick and easy. Made seeing multiple pairs of deer easy when without illum it would have been difficult since they blended into the treeline backdrop.

Spent an hour walking around, killed two dillos, saw six deer, two rabbits, and two opossums as well.

This setup is taking the place of a FP PEQ15 on this build and I couldn't be happier with the initial results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ariska in-line mounts?

Why no slave laser to RMR at extreme range (as far as you can see with NOD)? I used to resist this idea, but it works well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I tried the KIJI head on a M300 body. The BEM tailcap would not work with that body but with a Surefire tailcap it worked fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don’t like hearing that. Anyone use the Echo Arms with CQBL and can confirm it works?
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 5:26:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I don’t like hearing that. Anyone use the Echo Arms with CQBL and can confirm it works?
View Quote

https://www.instagram.com/solscud007/p/CWhAPCGvHqx/?utm_medium=copy_link

Not me ^
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:24:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks, I didn’t even think to check Nick’s IG page.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:28:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why no slave laser to RMR at extreme range (as far as you can see with NOD)? I used to resist this idea, but it works well.
View Quote

The RMR is zeroed for 50 meters. I was time limited so I just turned off the laser and went without it. I'll zero the CQBL the next chance I get but it was off quite a bit since I scalped it off the side of my MP5.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The RMR is zeroed for 50 meters. I was time limited so I just turned off the laser and went without it. I'll zero the CQBL the next chance I get but it was off quite a bit since I scalped it off the side of my MP5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha! I’ve done similar as well!
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 2:05:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Somebody please make a single body dual head Hydra type body that can run both the KIJI and a Surefire/Modlight head off a single battery housing using Surefire compatible tailcap accessories.

Would that be terribly difficult to do? Would it be too tough to switch between heads reliably in terms of the mechanical function?  

Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:05:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Somebody please make a single body dual head Hydra type body that can run both the KIJI and a Surefire/Modlight head off a single battery housing using Surefire compatible tailcap accessories.

Would that be terribly difficult to do? Would it be too tough to switch between heads reliably in terms of the mechanical function?  

View Quote

You’d need a designation switch directing current to one head or the other. Otherwise you’d be getting power to both and one, you don’t want both in at the same time and two, you’ll be draining your battery faster running current to both all the time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#41]
For guys without a Kiji...

IMO you'd be silly to leave it in the tap mode where it changes power levels if you tap it quickly. There's really no need.

You can either pick the power level you like most and lock it, say full power every time no matter how quick you tap.

Or pick the better option, IMO, and use the toggle between the two power levels you like most.

I went with full power (150mW) and the higher of the low power modes (15mW). You can toggle between them by triple tapping and holding.

Any other tapping will just light it up in whatever level you've currently toggled to.

So if you're worried about a single switch and switching power levels you do have the ability with the programming to pick what you want and lock it in.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#42]
What mode are you all figuring is the best one for general purpose use?

I just got mine in and just tinkering with it on the low setting...I was impressed.

I'd like to have it default ready in a state that is useful for both indoors and outdoors.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like that.  Will you do the review here or in a stand alone thread?
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
For guys without a Kiji...

IMO you'd be silly to leave it in the tap mode where it changes power levels if you tap it quickly. There's really no need.

You can either pick the power level you like most and lock it, say full power every time no matter how quick you tap.

Or pick the better option, IMO, and use the toggle between the two power levels you like most.

I went with full power (150mW) and the higher of the low power modes (15mW). You can toggle between them by triple tapping and holding.

Any other tapping will just light it up in whatever level you've currently toggled to.

So if you're worried about a single switch and switching power levels you do have the ability with the programming to pick what you want and lock it in.
View Quote

Thanks for posting. This seems best for my applications
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What mode are you all figuring is the best one for general purpose use?

I just got mine in and just tinkering with it on the low setting...I was impressed.

I'd like to have it default ready in a state that is useful for both indoors and outdoors.
View Quote

I picked like 37 I think, the ones near the bottom are the toggle modes. If I'm going indoors I can flip the diffuser on and triple tap and hold to switch to low output.

Moving outside? Diffuser open and triple tap and hold for max power.

Once you switch it's like any other momentary pressure switch do as you please and it remains on the power level you toggled to.

Don't let the word toggle scare you, once I toggle to max power, it stays there and it's in max power every time I hit the switch whether I press long, short, whether I hold or tap just to flash at a dark spot.

The only combination that changes to the other available power level is the triple tap and hold.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Excellent.  I will definitely choose a toggled setup.  Makes way more sense.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:19:06 PM EDT
[#47]
It comes in mode 26 I think specifically so you can flick through the power levels and see what you like.

I personally don't see a huge difference between 5mw and 15mw or I think 85 is the lower of the high settings and 135.

That said, one of each seems like a good mix so you don't torch your tube in a mirror if you're inside a house.

If you're a MIL guy and always outside you can always lock it on Max output all the time. Pretty versatile system.

Now we just need the 300mw head with the 3 degree beam
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50589/20211202_153324_jpg-2189548.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/50589/20211202_153808_jpg-2189549.JPG
View Quote

This is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of doing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Does it remember the mode it was in when the battery dies/gets changed?
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 1:13:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I'll do a review when I get a chance, but this is a neat lightweight lower cost rig than the MAWL with most of the advantages (except ergos).  Very neat kit.  I used my legacy Unity mount from years ago.
View Quote
Sure would like to find one of those mounts
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top