Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2018 10:16:37 AM EDT
Anyone running one of these? I currently use a simple hand stop and like it but really like the idea of having one of these on my SBR.

Current hand stop.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 11:23:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I've got one.  I don't run it at the end of the handguard as a handstop.  I never liked the full size vertical grips as I felt they were to big.  I have a 12.5" SBR running on a 12" HG.  I like the option of putting my hand in front of the vertical grip as shown in the picture below (although I don't C-clamp), or I can just grab the vertical grip if I need to.

Not my picture but I do place it about halfway down the rail.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 12:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to, but I switched to the Grip Stop and haven't looked back. I very rarely used the grip as an actual grip. I usually just slide a couple of fingers onto it. The Grip Stop (especially the K version) is much better for my uses.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Its what I use on all my SBRs.  I'm a big fan of them, my forward grip is 2 fingers on the grip 2 on handguard and thumb over top of rail.  I use the "V" it makes with the handguard.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its what I use on all my SBRs.  I'm a big fan of them, my forward grip is 2 fingers on the grip 2 on handguard and thumb over top of rail.  I use the "V" it makes with the handguard.
View Quote
Do you feel that it gives you more control over the front end as opposed to the C clamp with a  hand stop? I like the look of it and do like vertical grips but at the same time it adds weight and I'm not a hundred percent sure if it's helpful. And yes how you grip a VFG is how I do as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you feel that it gives you more control over the front end as opposed to the C clamp with a  hand stop? I like the look of it and do like vertical grips but at the same time it adds weight and I'm not a hundred percent sure if it's helpful. And yes how you grip a VFG is how I do as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I like the way I described because it takes "pressure" off my wrist and allows my wrist and hand to be (at what feels like) a more natural angle.
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yes, I like the way I described because it takes "pressure" off my wrist and allows my wrist and hand to be (at what feels like) a more natural angle.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:35:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I mounted it forward and like it more. So far it feels locked in and very controllable. Guess we will see at the range tomorrow.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top