Neat!
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, now that's interesting....
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:38:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I really enjoy seeing how much the market has opened up. I have brands that I am partial to but I also like venturing out and trying new stuff. Having all these mount options makes people more inclined to branch out and try your product.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I like those wrench flats versus the other small slots on their direct thread adapter. Not that it will need to come off, if at all but they are nice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I agree.  It opens up another lightweight (1.34 oz) mounting solution for 1.375x24 threaded silencers. For people that prefer TBAC mounts, this offers other silencers to consider.  
View Quote

How much does a CB brake weigh?  TBAC shows 2.6 oz so would that make the total ~4 oz?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Neat, I wish tbac mounts weren't so expensive lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 11:41:46 AM EDT
[#9]
??????
Where’s the “Like Button” for me to push ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I like to see various companies working together to create cross platform solutions.  Variety is always a good thing.
Wasn't Energetic the first suppressor company to embrace using someone else's mounts officially? I think I remember reading about them reaching out to Dead Air to offer Keymo as standard equipment with the Vox because they liked it alot.

Link Posted: 9/3/2020 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:13:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Saw the above.
Had an order in 3 minutes later.
Great idea.  
Been wanting exactly this for four years.

Update: Ordered this yesterday afternoon; it was in the mail to me the next morning!

Can we get Hansohn to run the ATF?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#13]
When can someone make an adaptor where as the owner of Dead air Sandman suppressors can take off the Keymo QD and put in its place an adaptor to make it direct thread ?
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
When can someone make an adaptor where as the owner of Dead air Sandman suppressors can take off the Keymo QD and put in its place an adaptor to make it direct thread ?
View Quote

Your closest bet is probably Area 419s setup. Unfortunately you are really only eliminating the locking ring so there isn’t a ton of weight to be saved like ditching the entire Keymo module.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 10:25:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, just ordered one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:39:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Great accessory right here.  It’s shockingly light.  I thought it was aluminum when i first picked it up then i saw the package said titanium.  Great price for this too in my opinion.

Also, I ordered Friday night after 9pm your time and had it Tuesday morning.  I tell EVERYONE Hansohn is my favorite NFA dealer.  Can’t speak highly enough of you guys.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Great accessory right here.  It’s shockingly light.  I thought it was aluminum when i first picked it up then i saw the package said titanium.  Great price for this too in my opinion.

Also, I ordered Friday night after 9pm your time and had it Tuesday morning.  I tell EVERYONE Hansohn is my favorite NFA dealer.  Can’t speak highly enough of you guys.
View Quote

I have one GIANT complaint with Hansohn...

They ain't local.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 12:21:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I like to see various companies working together to create cross platform solutions.  Variety is always a good thing.
Wasn't Energetic the first suppressor company to embrace using someone else's mounts officially? I think I remember reading about them reaching out to Dead Air to offer Keymo as standard equipment with the Vox because they liked it alot.

View Quote

Thank you. Like Chris said in his follow up, this all came out of a late night discussion at a bar during SHOT and a subsequent call I made to Todd & Mike. Rather than telling dealers what we were going to do, we used that opportunity to ask questions and get perspectives. Part of growth and innovation is asking your market what they want then acting on that rather than trying to 'push'. There are a lot of really smart guys out there, Chris being one of them, that have a fantastic finger on the pulse of the industry because they are so connected and engaged with their customers. That has incredible value if companies can get past their own myopic views, inherent bias and often... ego... We have always tried to focus on our dealers and customers and let that drive our decisions. Being humble and really listening creates long term success. A very sincere thank you to all our dealers and shooters that have made EA happen!
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#22]
That's cool.  I prefer and would have opted for spanner notches instead of large wrench flats, but I think I'm probably in the minority there.

TBAC adapters aren't my favorite thing to make on manual machines, so with these available, looks like I'll only be doing them for other oddball threads or cutting that profile directly into the welded adapters on some mount conversions.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I received mine and ran it during a carbine class this weekend.  Comments:

1. Machining, fit, and finish are excellent
2. You need a big wrench / big adjustable wrench to torque it on to the can using the 1 3/8 inch flats and a spanner wrench on the can
3. I ran it on a YHM Turbo K2 and a TBAC CB muzzle brake.  Rifle was a semi-auto AR 11.5" 5.56mm.
4. Hand snugged at the beginning of class.  Can never moved/loosened over the roughly 650 round class.  It got somewhat hot at times during periods of moderate rate of fire.  Was able to remove can by hand without any drama when still slightly warm at the end of the day.
5. All in all I like it and this is great for those of us who are heavily invested in TBAC muzzle devices but still rock some non-TBAC cans or for those who just want to run TBAC brakes or FHs which, in my jaded opinion, are little works of art.
Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:16:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Wrench.  Flats.

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Will this fit my dominus SR?
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:14:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

No this is to adapt 1.375x24 threads to use a TBAC muzzle device.   Like if you have an Omega, Vox, or Turbo K.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 12:34:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

are you asking if your dominus sr muzzle will work with this adapter? only works on the CB muzzle devices
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Another benefit to this adapter:
I was always running my Omega as a direct thread, but now am using this mount with a TBAC brake, as a direct thread unit.
This is an equivalent of the Ultra Series Direct Thread Mount, and should help prolong the life of the Omega, on short barrels.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:53:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone got pictures of the TBAC adaptor mounted to an Omega? Additionally, a photo of the Omega mounted to a TBAC muzzle device?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't see them on your website (and they are sold out everywhere it seems) but do you stock the CB brake in 3/4x24?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:18:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone got pictures of the TBAC adaptor mounted to an Omega? Additionally, a photo of the Omega mounted to a TBAC muzzle device?
View Quote

If I could ever figure out how to post photos here, I'd gladly do that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:42:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 11:44:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398162/IMG_4854-1614751.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398162/IMG_4855-1614761.jpg

Good looking out! Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#36]
What about the new SR? I’ve got one in jail at your fine establishment and am wondering if this will work on that?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What about the new SR? I’ve got one in jail at your fine establishment and am wondering if this will work on that?
View Quote

Hanson Brothers answered you in this thread a few posts up...

Quoted:
No.  This part is to enable non-TBAC silencers (Energetic Vox, Dead Air Nomad, Rex MG, SilencerCo Omega... etc.) to use TBAC CB flash hiders and CB muzzle brakes.
User Info
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Hanson Brothers answered you in this thread a few posts up...

Quoted:
No.  This part is to enable non-TBAC silencers (Energetic Vox, Dead Air Nomad, Rex MG, SilencerCo Omega... etc.) to use TBAC CB flash hiders and CB muzzle brakes.
User Info

View Quote

Yeah I missed the first answer, my apologies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top