Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 12:24:57 PM EDT
Need your opinions guys about charging handle upgrade for the Aug. Between the Manticore, Gear Head Works, and Corvus, which one you recommend?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with the OEM one?

Not saying an aftermarket one is bad (all the companies you listed make good products), but what is the problem that you are trying to solve?  

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's wrong with the OEM one?

Not saying an aftermarket one is bad (all the companies you listed make good products), but what is the problem that you are trying to solve?  

View Quote

It's slippery and I think the angle that it sits will bust your fingers on the rails especially if you have large optics.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I use the GHW Mod 1 on mine.  The reason I swapped is because I need to do it overhand, pulling it back with my index finger.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's slippery and I think the angle that it sits will bust your fingers on the rails especially if you have large optics.
View Quote

You're supposed to use it palm up
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're supposed to use it palm up
View Quote

Already tried that and somehow managed to bust my finngers.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Manticore switchback.   Only thing I don't like is no extra plastic pads are available or included,
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Been very happy with the GHW over the last few years, especially for the price
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Manticore switchback here, too on one but others are all stock.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Manticore switchback. ,
View Quote

This, it’s fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Manticore switchback or Covid defensio. I have Corvus but I could be very happy with the switchback as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:00:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

@SWOH

Just shoot an email to [email protected] and ask for some spare pads, I will drop a couole in the mail to you at no charge.

(Honestly we have never seen a pad wear out)

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Any word on when they will be in stock?
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 3:41:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@SWOH

Just shoot an email to [email protected] and ask for some spare pads, I will drop a couole in the mail to you at no charge.

(Honestly we have never seen a pad wear out)

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Thanks, Sven.  E-mail sent.  I have extra crap for a lot of gun things, just in case - HK scared me into it after P7 parts dried up just a few years after production ceased.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm happy with my Gearhead Works.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Manticore switchback user.  I like it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have the gearhead works because it came on this AUG and I like it but I also reviewed the switchback when it came out and it’s great.

The Corvus is the most highly recommended by most I know but it’s expensive, limited availability, and I’ve never tried it myself.
View Quote

Never installed mine - Switchback is exactly what I want, aside from a quibble here or there that's not worth noting regarding what would be my ideal.  I ought to sell it, but I'll hang on to it a while longer.  I think it's too small and the Manticore is nicely sized and folds away to not be clunky, while the Corvus folds up or down, which really isn't any benefit I can determine beyond not poking you directly should you rub up against it.  I heard the install can be a pain and, IIRC, there were springs and washers to lose in the process.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Never installed mine - Switchback is exactly what I want, aside from a quibble here or there that's not worth noting regarding what would be my ideal.  I ought to sell it, but I'll hang on to it a while longer.  I think it's too small and the Manticore is nicely sized and folds away to not be clunky, while the Corvus folds up or down, which really isn't any benefit I can determine beyond not poking you directly should you rub up against it.  I heard the install can be a pain and, IIRC, there were springs and washers to lose in the process.
View Quote

For me the Corvus charging handle took all of about 5 minutes to install.

I like it a lot.

I also have the switchback on another AuG. The switchback wins at being compact, and folds out of the way, and is well built. The Corvus wins in having no rattle, still maintains the fed assist capability, and is solid.

My honest opinion, you cant go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 12:20:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Email me if you’re planning to sell the Covus.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 6:11:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Manticore switchback user.  I like it.
View Quote

Same here.

I went for the switchback because at the time it was one of the few CH that were available with a low profile.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Switchback mini all the way. Like it better than my Corvus handle.

https://manticorearms.com/product/switchback-charging-handle-mini/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top