Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2019 4:20:01 PM EDT
I read about the Aug not suppressing well. Hi put a Specwar2 on my Aug/AXR and is is much better to shoot. Quieted and less kick.
I left it on the regular setting. Not grenade setting and ot did well. I haven’t shot many suppressed rounds.
Will this harm the weapon shooting it suppressed?

What about the X95?
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#1]
The Tavor has a reputation for not suppressing well but ymmv depending on the can and even the ammo used
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Tavor has a reputation for not suppressing well but ymmv depending on the can and even the ammo used
View Quote
Mine suppressed well. But I’m afraid to keep shooting suppressed bec I don’t want to break anything
Will it ruin the weapons?
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't have a problem suppressing the X95 I had.  It wasn't as quiet as my AR but i didn't find it obnoxious.  IWI doens't seem concerned about wear and tear.  I wish I hadn't sold my X95 and I'm toying with picking up another.

IWI US Expert's Corner: Tavor X95 Suppressor Gas Reduction
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a nomad on my x95. I have to hold my breath when I shoot. Where the top rail and plastic meet in the back it shoots gas out. Right where your nose is.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
My 9mm X95 shoots suppressed very well.  Little to no powder blow-back in your face and quiet as can (pun intended) be.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I read about the Aug not suppressing well. Hi put a Specwar2 on my Aug/AXR and is is much better to shoot. Quieted and less kick.
I left it on the regular setting. Not grenade setting and ot did well. I haven’t shot many suppressed rounds.
Will this harm the weapon shooting it suppressed?

What about the X95?
View Quote
The AUG is designed to run overgassed, so running a can just makes it worse. That said, I think what most people say about the AUG is the piston pop being louder than most.

I personally would not worry about it. If it seems to run well, just go with it. It will be fine.

With regards to the X95, check out this video from IWI on how to fix it:
IWI US Expert's Corner: Tavor X95 Suppressor Gas Reduction
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a Razor on my x95 and had no issues and it suppresses well.  I really had no gas issues at all, less than my ARs.  I just stuck a piece over the left ejection port.  Never heard anything about an x95 getting beat up while shooting suppressed.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t harm my weapons
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 5:38:04 AM EDT
[#9]
hhhhhh
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just wanted to make sure it wouldn’t harm my weapons
View Quote
Did you get a suppressor gas plug for the AUG? AUG's are overgassed. But running a AUG with the normal setting will cause premature wear (aka batter the interals). But it will also take a bit.

If you use a suppressor gas plug. I see zero good reasons to use it with any other setting other than the suppressed/GR setting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Sig is claiming their new SLX line of suppressors is so efficient guns have less blow back with them on than without any suppressor at all.

That may make them pretty much the ideal can for the AUG.

Time will tell once they get out and reviews come in.
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Just pick up one of the new 9mm cans that are also rifle rated. The extra bore size should definitely help mitigate blow back. It may not be as quiet as a 5.56 can at the muzzle, but neither are the new cans (Helix, I believe) that are designed for less blowback.
You then get the added option to toss the can onto a 30cal, or a 9mm pcc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top