New rucksack for the US Army.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9lyUH5319g
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 5:55:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The US Army’s Next Ruck - MOLLE 4000 Rucksack First Look
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 4:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That shit looks like a dead hooker bag with shoulder straps on it. No fucking way.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:13:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I foresee an increase in knee and back injuries.

ETA - I watched the video.  Perhaps it’s not as oversized as the first photos suggest.   Then again the video was demonstrating with an empty pack but it’s size didn’t look stupid large.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA - I watched the video.  Perhaps it’s not as oversized as the first photos suggest.   Then again the video was demonstrating with an empty pack but it’s size didn’t look stupid large.
View Quote
4,000ci will hold a lot of shit.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]
lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#7]
It's not THAT big.  It's actually smaller than the jarhead ruck, and even smaller than the molle large I believe.

Actually good piece of kit; nice large ruck, with a DE frame (or ALICE compatible), in OCP camo.

Only downside is the extra weight of the jump gear; if you don't need it, I'd cut all that extra webbing and hardware off.

If you live in a hot and/or humid climate, like SE or SW USA, and use a belt kit vs PC, this is a good "short back" ruck that will sit on top of your sustainment pouches on the belt line.  Especially if you get Brit-style pouches that are flush with the top of the belt.

So yeah, for jungle ops (or similar), this is going to be the new standard.  External frame, "short back", in conjunction with belt kit.  BA optional.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Almost looks like someone made a large ALICE out of 500D and multi-cammed and MOLLE'd it all up.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And don’t forget accessory pouches.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:13:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only downside is the extra weight of the jump gear; if you don't need it, I'd cut all that extra webbing and hardware off.
View Quote
Sounds great until you have to clear CIF....
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not THAT big.  It's actually smaller than the jarhead ruck, and even smaller than the molle large I believe.

Actually good piece of kit; nice large ruck, with a DE frame (or ALICE compatible), in OCP camo.

If you live in a hot and/or humid climate, like SE or SW USA, and use a belt kit vs PC, this is a good "short back" ruck that will sit on top of your sustainment pouches on the belt line.  Especially if you get Brit-style pouches that are flush with the top of the belt.

So yeah, for jungle ops (or similar), this is going to be the new standard.  External frame, "short back", in conjunction with belt kit.  BA optional.
View Quote
Large MOLLE ruck is also 4000 ci without the sustainment pouches.

The jump gear is not permanently fixed to the ruck.  Its very easy to remove that if it isn't needed.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
lol
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 10:57:00 PM EDT
[#13]
That pack would have looked great... strapped to the outside of the bustle rack of my Tank....
Carrying shit is for suckers...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah, how much $ is the AMC going to spend buying that ruck until the Army decides it needs to change camo patterns on their uniforms again?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Good to see it can still use the side pouches, makes it much easier to transport the Jetstove and French press--
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]
65L is average size for a rucksack. Large rucksacks are over 85L.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:25:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That pack would have looked great... strapped to the outside of the bustle rack of my Tank....
Carrying shit is for suckers...
View Quote
My take it on it as well...it will make a great truck bag.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top