Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2021 8:37:36 PM EDT
Saw this the other night on this site.  Asked in GD and no replys.  Im looking at body armor but saw a video of a guy shooting himself with a hoodie on.  I searched and found many different options.  Which one should I look at better or buy.  Same with armor.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
So are you just asking about kevlar-lined hoodies? Or also asking for recommendations on plates and carriers too?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:53:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That's actually pretty cool
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

Why would this get locked? What did I miss?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes I was looking at these.  And body armor.  Ive read some on the body armor but the hoodie stuff is new to me.  I like the idea very much.  Whats up with lock the thread?  The reloading forum is pretty strict and the EE is worse, but WTF?  Are we fighting amongst ourselves?  Put up or shut up!  You dont have to reply!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:35:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@GonvilleBromhead  Its pretty interesting.  I'd like to see someone actually wearing it though to see how it hangs on the body and see someone walking around with it on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:34:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Demolition Ranch shot one up, pretty cool concept.

Does a Bullet Proof Hoodie Actually Work???
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Just get a vest and wear it under the hoody.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just get a vest and wear it under the hoody.
View Quote

I stated above.  Its so much easier to throw a hoodie/jacket on the suiting up to get somthing at the store.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:54:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Doesn't say how much kevlar coverage. Just that there are 2 panels. I'd be more impressed if kevlar wrapped the entire torso and the hood was kevlar lined.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I stated above.  Its so much easier to throw a hoodie/jacket on the suiting up to get somthing at the store.
View Quote

If you’re that lazy imagine what you’re not going to do when your hoodie needs to be washed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#14]
If the torso was fully lined with Kevlar, AND the hood part was kevlar lined, they would really have something.  Just lining the torso isn't much different than buying an oversized hoodie and pulling it on over your body armor...but adding an armored hood would be pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:15:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, like everyone else said, I think the idea is better than the reality.

I see no reason to buy this over a vest and hoodie. Especially considering the hoodie gives less flexibility, like not wanting to wear a hoodie on top of your vest.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I’d think a slick PC with a pair of L210 or P210 plates would be slightly more useful. The P210 is kind of cool in that it’s cheap, level IIIA, thin, only 1lb, and multicurve. Not quite the coverage of a full soft armor vest but 87x more comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:10:25 PM EDT
[#17]
My opinion pick up some soft armor then you can wear it under whatever you want. If it’s bad enough your going to need armor to go to the store I’d bet  
1) not doing it often
2) concealments not going to be nearly as important at that point.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#18]
The one in that Demolition Ranch video had armor in the hood also.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’d think a slick PC with a pair of L210 or P210 plates would be slightly more useful. The P210 is kind of cool in that it’s cheap, level IIIA, thin, only 1lb, and multicurve. Not quite the coverage of a full soft armor vest but 87x more comfortable.
View Quote

10x12s? That’s what, 110 square inches? How many people get shot somewhere else?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

10x12s? That’s what, 110 square inches? How many people get shot somewhere else?
View Quote

With body armor it’s not necessarily what percentage of people are shot else where, it’s more about how many survive being shot elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:53:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

With body armor it’s not necessarily what percentage of people are shot else where, it’s more about how many survive being shot elsewhere.
View Quote

10x12s cover the subclavian artery poorly and have little coverage from shots from the side. A plate is a poor substitute for full coverage soft armor if you’re expecting pistols to be the threat. Different deal with rifles.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

10x12s cover the subclavian artery poorly and have little coverage from shots from the side. A plate is a poor substitute for full coverage soft armor if you’re expecting pistols to be the threat. Different deal with rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No disagreement from me there. Proper fitment regardless of armor choice is critical If you scroll up a bit standard soft armor was my recommendation.

I wear it everyday and my previous one was cut way to short caused it to ride up and gave poor coverage. Next set they fitted I had them do a bit longer then they recommended and absolutely zero complaints. It’s also the most comfortable I’ve worn out of 3-4 sets.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

It’s just an option, options are good. Everything is a compromise, otherwise everyone would be wearing an MTV with all the plates

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top