Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2022 7:47:59 AM EDT
I appreciate any advice that anyone can offer?

I need to purchase some armor plates for a friend serving in Ukraine that currently does not have any armor.

I personally own Agilite gear but they are sold out and I need to source something relatively soon.   A quick google search yields so many different manufacturers.

Is there a ranking of the better companies/manufacturers of armor plates? or at least some notation on which companies to avoid?

Thanks for any help.

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you can have any armor that is American made shipped out of the country. You may need to buy a set from Europe or China and have it shipped direct. I may be wrong?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think you can have any armor that is American made shipped out of the country. You may need to buy a set from Europe or China and have it shipped direct. I may be wrong?
View Quote

I assume hand carry is also an export, but I wonder if people actually get stopped in the airport?
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I am suspicious of anyone claiming that story, as if they are truly in Ukraine they should be checking with Ukrainians. With the collective world dumping cash and equipment into that place I find it hard to believe some individual there needs a singular American citizen to ship them an armor plate.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Shipping rifle armor overseas is not allowed without State Department approval (an export license) as it's a controlled item per ITAR.

Even trying to bring it yourself would not be allowed.

You could try buying something from Alibaba or Wish and having it shipped directly to them. It's obviously going to be a gamble as to whether or not it works, but there's really no better options.
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank You for that bit of information. I was aware about NVDs etc but didn’t consider plates a possible restricted item.  

I have been traveling to Ukraine for over 20 years and have quite a few friends there and in laws as my wife is from Ukraine.

The guys I am trying to assist are in the territorial defense forces and their gear is extremely limited to fatigues and rifles.  Rightfully so the best gear goes to active combat troops.  

Europe does have quite a few suppliers but shipping into Ukraine is a no go for the shops I have spoken to as obviously they don’t want to fool with the lost in shipping etc etc risk.   Will have to resort to getting a human to ferry them from Poland or Czech.

Thanks for the information.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2022 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#6]
First have him check in with his higher-ups about what gear may have already been sent over there. People all over the country are shipping over tactical gear, so I have to assume they've set up an office with a couple dudes to help sort through all the random stuff people are sending in. And I bet almost any plate money can buy has already been sent over by somebody.

We also just gave them 40 Billion dollars. So if they have US-made guided rocket artillery systems and drones, then there's almost certainly a few pallets of body armor over there for him.
Link Posted: 7/17/2022 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The US has sent the equivalent of 2 decades their normal military budget in the last few months.  If your buddy's company/unit hasn't equipped him properly with the amount of shit just the US has sent over then he needs to give some serious thought to his life choices and what he's actually being used for.  Also important to note for you personally is that exporting body armor is heavily regulated under ITAR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top