Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2021 4:01:42 PM EDT
Hey folks, I recently purchased what I thought would be a pretty sweet setup from opticsplanet.com, the Armasight AIM, that takes a PVS14 (supposedly) and turns it into a weapon mounted sight via the mount and a HUD type display in front of the unit, and for $250, it seemed like a good deal.  Of note, it also had pretty decent reviews on the site and the two videos on the page showed the mount being used with standard PVS14s.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/armasight-night-vision-monocular-advanced-integrated-mount.html

I got it today, and on top of it coming with no tools or instruction manual ( I don't even know what battery it takes, though I'm sure I could search for manual), it doesn't come with the bracket I need to actually mount a standard PVS 14.  Apparently Armasight was acquired by FLIR and these products were discontinued and nobody has them anymore.  I called FLIR and Armasight and checked.

This is the mount that is lacking:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/911406-REG/armasight_anki000046_bracket_62_for_pvs_14.html
https://www.adorama.com/armanki46.html

If anybody has one of these or knows where I could get one( #62 Armasight bracket), please let me know.  Learn from me, this is no longer a viable product for PVS14 users, even though it is advertised so at Opticsplanet.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I had one for a hot minute as it came with an Armasight NYX-14 Gen 2 that I also got from opticsplanet. My intention was to sell it but I got a good deal on a used Gen 3 NYX-14 a few days later. It was easier to just return it since that system is not in great demand. I liked it for a gun mounted sighting system but it  seems to have more use by anything using the MUM14 style of mount. Anyone that has a monocular using that MUM mount should be able to use it as is.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you return it?

If not. Your best option might be to get a picatinny section that will allow the correct thread pitch to attach it to your 14. Then clamp it onto armasight mount.

Or check every so often on fleabay, one might popup

I spent an hour this AM looking for one to buy and maybe talk you into selling what you have cheap

Couldn't find one, but looks like what I mentioned might work.

Goodluck to you. Another great armasight idea with no support. I see why FLIR bought them. If I had to guess the brain childs jumped ship or were "let go" after the merger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top