Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 9:10:24 AM EDT
Are the current versions of the SureFire X300V being phased out?  The "A" models are priced very low on a few different sites - lower than the X300U.  I haven't seen the "B" models discounted in sites that have them in stock, but they also don't appear to be in stock at a lot of places.  Also, you can get to the pages for each on SureFire's site if you search, but I can't find them just by navigating.

I wouldn't mind having one of the "A" models at the current market price, but I'm just curious if there's going to be a newer model coming soon.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:32:57 AM EDT
Don’t really have much to add. But the the x300v has been around quite a while now. It wouldn’t surprise me in the least to see a new improved model coming soon. Either way the x300v for $200 is a heck of a deal and a lot of light for the money.

Tagged for more info.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:43:53 AM EDT
Just picked up a 'B' model for $210 like new. With more and more people picking up NV, I expect to see companies continue to innovate for the IR spectrum. I'd love to see Surefire come out with more white light + IR illumination combination lights. It really helps us civilians who don't have class 3 laser illumination capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:04:50 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By x_red_beard_x:
Just picked up a 'B' model for $21­0 like new. With more and more people picking up NV, I e­xpect to see companies continue to innovate f­or the IR spectrum. I'd love to see Surefire come out with more ­white light + IR illumination combination lig­hts. It really helps us civilians who don't have ­class 3 laser illumination capabilities.
View Quote

Hell yeah some innovation would be great. In particular I would love a White/IR light that can push 300m with the IR. It seems the vast majority of White/IRs are pretty anemic in the IR department when it comes to range.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:03:25 PM EDT
Noticed that too, picked up an A recently for $212.  I suspect there will be a lumens refresh coming soon, since the current model is only 350.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:21:27 PM EDT
I’d definitely welcome a V-series light that had 1,000 lumens of white light as well as the normal IR. I’d gladly take the trade off of less battery life.
Top Top