Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 6:45:17 PM EDT
I'm looking at a large lot of gun parts for sale locally, and included in the mix are a few Hi Standard bbls that have threads in front of the chamber, at the muzzle, and are extensively ported. They appear to be for the "Supermatic" models

It doesn't appear to be amateur work...... and they are obviously intended to be used as part of some type of integral suppressor setup

Would the bbl. by its self be considered a restricted item ????
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:18:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:34:45 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said.

You can buy MP5SD barrels all day long.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:57:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What he said.

You can buy MP5SD barrels all day long.
View Quote

Just wanted a 2nd opinion...... will pick em up if they are still available
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:40:43 AM EDT
[#4]
If they are part of the silencer, like gemtech mist, then yes.

If they are not part of the silencer, like HK MP5SD, then no.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

These appear to be treaded at the rear....tube diameter, then turned down/ported, and are threaded at the front for what I assume is some sort of internal support, or component that turns the area surrounding the ports into a blast chamber.

I don't have any pictures...... but think something like this:

I want to think it's similar to the setup on early SIONICS / Ceiner integral units as well....
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 11:53:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ports on a mist bbl do not make it a silencer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 3:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ports (if you have a ported one) in the barrel section do not make it a silencer.  The monocore baffle unit welded to the muzzle end of the barrel is considered a silencer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I may pick them up if he shows at the gun show this weekend......might be a nice "jump start" to an integrally suppressed Hi Standard.....

Will post some pics if I do.....

Sometimes I think I'd be better off just setting my money on fire.......off to Gun broker to look for potential host pistols....

Thanks for all the advice/opinions
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The ports (if you have a ported one) in the barrel section do not make it a silencer.  The monocore baffle unit welded to the muzzle end of the barrel is considered a silencer.
View Quote

Oh ok...  I have a mist-22.  You’re saying my barrel is a silencer?  And the outer tube with the engravings and S/N that match my form 4 details isn’t a silencer?  Or are you saying I have two silencers?  But I only paid for one stamp...  

I guess you’ll tell me 10.3” stripped barrel is an SBR?  If I cut ports into this barrel, does that make it an SBR Silencer?
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh ok...  I have a mist-22.  You’re saying my barrel is a silencer?  And the outer tube with the engravings and S/N that match my form 4 details isn’t a silencer?  Or are you saying I have two silencers?  But I only paid for one stamp...  

I guess you’ll tell me 10.3” stripped barrel is an SBR?  If I cut ports into this barrel, does that make it an SBR Silencer?
View Quote

No , he’s saying the barrel is not a silencer or silencer component. The suppressor is the combo of the baffle stack ( mono core ) and the tube. If you just had a ported barrel that’s all it would be, a ported barrel. Your baffle stack is welded to the barrel to avoid SBR requirements when installed on a gun.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does the form say?

I don't have one, but I was under the impression that there was a barrel length listed on the form for a mist.

If the barrel is part of the silencer, it would be a silencer part.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#12]
nvm

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top