Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2018 7:11:18 PM EDT
I have some AUG 42 round mags - I was looking at them with a flashlight the other day, and on the spine of the mag, there looked what seem to be hairline cracks up and down the spine.

Are these cracks a just plastic imperfections?

These are kept standing in a chest with a 450 gram silica box. The room is a constant cool temp. Can't figure out what would have cause this.

Link Posted: 1/29/2018 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of my 42 rounders show those same imperfections, the handful of 30 rounders I just looked at don't. I think they are just imperfections from the molding process, IIRC they had them when I bought them years ago. I am not going to worry about mine.

eta: I have some loaded 42rders somewhere else. They have been loaded for at least 3 or 4 years so I will take a look at those a bit later to see if there is anything going on with them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I just looked at the two fully loaded 42 rounders mentioned above. Both show the same imperfections shown in your picture but neither of them shows any cracking or other damage. I think it's safe to say it is just part of the manufacturing process and is no big deal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 12:24:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for looking at your mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top