Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks! I figure they'll look great once I get them cleaned up a bit. I still can't believe the price Bowman was asking for those... he practically gave them away.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll have to get some pictures of my stuff, but it's mostly just WW2 US.  Speaking of which, I've seem some 60mm M49A2's in some of the photos on here.  Anyone have or know where I can find some M52 point detonating fuzes from the WW2 era?  Specifically looking for the black bakelite ones...
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The freight company brought me a present today. Sorry about the potato pic, better than nothing!

https://i.imgur.com/GF0lkCs.jpg?2
View Quote
NICE! What are they? Shoulder doesn't look right for 90mm...76mm?
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll have to get some pictures of my stuff, but it's mostly just WW2 US.  Speaking of which, I've seem some 60mm M49A2's in some of the photos on here.  Anyone have or know where I can find some M52 point detonating fuzes from the WW2 era?  Specifically looking for the black bakelite ones...
View Quote
Good luck! In a pinch. as a filler until you find proper ones, there is a guy who sells resin replica's on eBay...I picked one up as a filler, and painted up, it looks pretty good, better than a big empty hole....
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 8:48:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

NICE! What are they? Shoulder doesn't look right for 90mm...76mm?
View Quote
85mm for the Soviet D44.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good luck! In a pinch. as a filler until you find proper ones, there is a guy who sells resin replica's on eBay...I picked one up as a filler, and painted up, it looks pretty good, better than a big empty hole....
View Quote
Yeah I have a couple of those, they look pretty good when painted.  Bakelite M52s seem to be pretty hard to find...
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been thinking recently of trying to get an inert German 75mm or 88 mm round.  Any advice on where to start looking?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been thinking recently of trying to get an inert German 75mm or 88 mm round.  Any advice on where to start looking?
View Quote
Auctions. They usually go for $3k+ these days, at least inside the USA. Inert cases and projectiles for both are available in Europe much more commonly, and much less expensively, but it's near impossible to legally get them into the USA from there.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good luck...they are not easily found in the US, most of my best stuff (3 different 88's, 75mm PzKfW IV round, Kriegsmarine 105mm round, and lots of smaller stuff...) I found in Europe in the good old days...now I wouldn't really trust buying from there anymore, too much stuff just disappears...

I can put you in touch with a big collector down here I have picked up some really nice stuff from, but it doesn't come cheap...Like Pyotr says, they are HIGH....

PM if you want the info...
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

85mm for the Soviet D44.
View Quote
Damn, those are sweet....they looked about 90, but I knew they weren't US 90's...I was close!

Only Soviet stuff I have so far is 47mm AP and HE rounds...
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Damn, those are sweet....they looked about 90, but I knew they weren't US 90's...I was close!

Only Soviet stuff I have so far is 47mm AP and HE rounds...
View Quote
My suggestion is to keep your eyes open for things like that. They usually disappear off the market pretty quick due to demand, but when they first come in they can be had for extremely reasonable prices. Most of the cost of what I got, including the 85mm rounds and crate, ended up being freight costs!
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good luck...they are not easily found in the US, most of my best stuff (3 different 88's, 75mm PzKfW IV round, Kriegsmarine 105mm round, and lots of smaller stuff...) I found in Europe in the good old days...now I wouldn't really trust buying from there anymore, too much stuff just disappears...

I can put you in touch with a big collector down here I have picked up some really nice stuff from, but it doesn't come cheap...Like Pyotr says, they are HIGH....

PM if you want the info...
View Quote
Damn, that's really a shame given that 88mm casings look like they're running around 30 Euros.  As much as I'd like a Tiger or Panther main gun round I can't justify over a grand for something to display in my man cave.  Is it safe to assume the problem getting European purchases here is U.S. Customs confiscates them?

ETA:  Although at that cost it might be worth it to see if the casing makes it here.  If it doesn't . . . that's one less bottle of Scotch I drink.  My liver will probably thank me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:38:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Picked up a pak36 and Tunguska 30x165 round last week.

Where can I find 12.7x108,23mm, and 14.5x114 display rounds?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:40:04 AM EDT
[#14]
That kicks ass!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:40:29 AM EDT
[#15]
That kicks ass!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Shoot me an email.

First places to look are CDVS (expensive!), IAAforum (have to be member to post WTB) and I have a couple of private contacts for you to try.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 6:13:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The freight company brought me a present today. Sorry about the potato pic, better than nothing!

https://i.imgur.com/GF0lkCs.jpg?2
View Quote
Snap but I have added a glass top and LED lights

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:42:55 AM EDT
[#18]
BTM-71 TOW:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

BGM-71-B Transport/Launch Tube:

I've got one good aluminum tail fin, the trailing edge is too thin to have sand cast but may be able to have the fin 3D printed in burnable string then lost wax cast.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#19]
One of those needs to be the league trophy for next season.

Seriously though, I'd love to pick up something like this for my office. Where should I look?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top