Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2023 11:20:11 AM EDT
I’ve been wearing a Kore belt for a while now and like the ratchet style and micro adjustment but the little ratchet arm lever has worn a hole in my jeans. I saw the arcade belts at a store the other day and liked them. I daily carry a j frame appendix. Anyone use the arcade belts?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#1]
@Josh-L they look decent but they look like they stretch based on their website.  Personally I don’t like my belts to stretch.

Personally I rock a trayvax belt.  They’re on Amazon and easy to adjustment if you’re carrying or not.  Reasonably priced too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been wearing the same Looper Leather belt for years and love it. However, I have been eye balling the ratchet style belts for a little while.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with NexBelt.

It is a ratchet system and you can choose from many different buckle and belt styles.  I love the belt, buckle, and the infinite adjustability.  It is perfect in my opinion...only one drawback so far....longevity.

I'll have to say I've been impressed with their customer service.

I got the lo-pro CCW belt over a year ago and the upper and lower edges that ride along the buckle started fraying after about 8 months of daily wear.  I also carry a fixed blade with soft rubber belt loops as well, so that might have contributed to it.  After 14 months of daily/continuous use the fraying got to be so bad that it exposed the inner structural piece and made it difficult to thread in and out of my belt loops.

I reached out to NexBelt with an email asking if I could purchase just the belt (and keep my original buckle), and to see if they had any recommendations on which new belt to use/buy.  Without hesitation, they responded back with an offer to send me a new belt to try.  It is the heavy duty CCW model and they wanted to send it to me for free.  I offered again to pay, but they weren't having any of that.

I did send pictures of my worn belt in hopes that they would help if a redesign of the product/material was in order.

I'm on month 2 of the new belt, and I do believe that at some point it will fray as well.  I'm confident NexBelt will help out if/when that times comes and either recommend a new belt style or inform me that they've upgraded an existing line so that the fraying will take much longer to develop.

I'm a happy customer and will stay with NexBelt.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 4:39:12 PM EDT
[#4]
These guys do the ratcheting thing but have much better low-profile buckle options. They also have good options if you want a robust CCW belt that will be discreet with formal attire.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I have an Arcade belt that I received when I had a Cairn subscription. For what I use it for, backpacking and holding shorts up, it’s really good. It’s extremely elastic, so definately not a load-bearing belt. But for hiking, biking walking around, I love it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These guys do the ratcheting thing but have much better low-profile buckle options. They also have good options if you want a robust CCW belt that will be discreet with formal attire.
View Quote

I just got one of these, and wearing for a week. G19 / TLR-7A combo IWB, with 1-2 spare G17 mags. I would not say they are robust- ok at best. Belt is not as sturdy as others that are similar. They are vague about materials. Thought it could have been biothane as I’m a huge fan. No response yet from company. While I haven’t had an issue with the buckle yet, I’m not sold on its design.

Link Posted: 7/29/2023 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Figured I'd chime in.

I have tried with an IWB holster and the very limited case  use I have for it and found the belt is not sturdy enough for it.

I am north of the border from you (Canuck) so we have very very limited carry conditions here.  Mine are work related.

A light knife or tool in a sheath is all I figured the belt would be good for in that case.

I will say however, I have had an Arcade for about 4 months now, and the pain from a duty belt and holster doesn't carry very much off duty now.

Like others have said, think of a ski google elastic band.

For and EDC belt and with back/hip issues, 100% recommend.  I wear one everyday now.

For carry, not so much recommended.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 12:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with NexBelt.

It is a ratchet system and you can choose from many different buckle and belt styles.  I love the belt, buckle, and the infinite adjustability.  It is perfect in my opinion...only one drawback so far....longevity.

I'll have to say I've been impressed with their customer service.

I got the lo-pro CCW belt over a year ago and the upper and lower edges that ride along the buckle started fraying after about 8 months of daily wear.  I also carry a fixed blade with soft rubber belt loops as well, so that might have contributed to it.  After 14 months of daily/continuous use the fraying got to be so bad that it exposed the inner structural piece and made it difficult to thread in and out of my belt loops.

I reached out to NexBelt with an email asking if I could purchase just the belt (and keep my original buckle), and to see if they had any recommendations on which new belt to use/buy.  Without hesitation, they responded back with an offer to send me a new belt to try.  It is the heavy duty CCW model and they wanted to send it to me for free.  I offered again to pay, but they weren't having any of that.

I did send pictures of my worn belt in hopes that they would help if a redesign of the product/material was in order.

I'm on month 2 of the new belt, and I do believe that at some point it will fray as well.  I'm confident NexBelt will help out if/when that times comes and either recommend a new belt style or inform me that they've upgraded an existing line so that the fraying will take much longer to develop.

I'm a happy customer and will stay with NexBelt.
View Quote

Wow. That’s great.

I bought a new belt and used the old buckle on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top