Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2018 12:46:25 PM EDT
So me and a buddy sent in Form 4's a day apart.  His came back a few weeks ago, I figured that it was just the amount that had me waiting.  So I called NFA yesterday to get a status.  It's been approved since 10/10/18.  Called my dealer, who I have never used before but a buddy has, and they don't have the approval yet.  Called NFA, no way for them to tell me when it was mailed, so they say.  Three weeks to receive it seems a bit excessive, and they said to give it 30 days.

What kinds of hell can I raise, and with whom? And when is it appropriate to do so? This is beyond frustrating to me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:05:16 PM EDT
[#1]
That's normal.  If you don't get it after 30 days you can request a certified copy of the tax form. And wait some more.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
My last stamp took over 3 weeks after approval to get to my dealer. That 3 weeks was a longer wait than the previous 7 months.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure where but I remember reading recently where someone had received a couple stamps in the mail but 1 of them was not his.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you ever get your tax stamp?

I was approved 10/22/18 on 2 cans and 10/27/18 on 2 cans. I got one of ones back that was 10/27/18 but it was the last one submitted.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a stamp get lost in the mail on the way to me. Waited 3 months after it was approved and it was still a no-show.

Just requested a certified copy. That will have to do even though it's a terrible photocopy that they sent
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn man that sucks but i think ill be in your same boat soon. Im at almost 6 weeks on one of mine. My dealer told be to wait another week then they would request for a certified copy. I have all that got approved but that one now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top