Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2021 5:39:26 AM EDT
Good morning,

I thought I’d completed the ATF form to make and register a firearm using Adobe fill and sign. I selected the documents from my files and uploaded them to the ATF website. However, after looking at the “submitted” page the ATF has it showing blank fields in the “responsible persons questionnaire.” The documents are showing as signed and manufacturer and manufacturer address are all showing. But not the questions I answered about not being a felon or an illegal immigrant.  I marked the boxes with an “X”. Anyone have something similar happen?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Never had that happen, but I also print the RPQ out, sign it, scan it, and then upload it with my eform. As far as I know, the ATF doesn't allow digital signatures on the RPQ.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 9:49:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Good to know lol. Next question, Will they revert my application back to pending? When will I be allowed to correct it? Thank you!
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to know lol. Next question, Will they revert my application back to pending? When will I be allowed to correct it? Thank you!
View Quote

Nope. Most likely, the application will get denied and the stamp refunded. You would then have to resubmit.YMMV.

Have you already mailed your fingerprint cards?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope. Most likely, the application will get denied and the stamp refunded. You would then have to resubmit.YMMV.

Have you already mailed your fingerprint cards?
View Quote

No, I haven’t mailed them yet. I’m going by the cop shop tomorrow to gets me prints taken. I messaged the “experts” on the ATF website I just did it last night. Now I know. I’ll call them tomorrow and see if anything can be done. OR, I wonder if I can submit another lower SN while this one is being processed. Worse case scenario... I end up with two SBR lowers. Thank you guys for your thoughts. All are welcomed as this is new to me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Easiest most straightforward route would be to just cancel the application and resubmit, especially since fingerprint cards haven't been submitted yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Cool, they’ll have to cancel it for me. The application is already “in process.”  I see no way to do it myself.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:52:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome info. I thought about uploading one before having them try to correct it. However, your idea of uploading the corrected version would be better I think. That saves the ATF and myself time and effort b
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top