Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2020 9:36:20 PM EDT
Over the years, I have collected a few.  The MAWL is definitely my favorite, but kind of spendy. The ATPIAL works, but is not impressive for the price.  I do not have a DBAL. The OTAL is priced right, but taught me the need for illumination (Critter found a place were shadows made it hard to aim)

The newest thing I have used is the Streamlight TLR-VIR II. But I have not attempted to use it extensively yet. The laser held its beam well enough for the range of most of my night hunting-but no bets how well it will retain zero as recoil is applied,

Has anyone have more experience with it, or some other options?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#2]
PERST lasers out of Russia are fantastic on both IR laser and illuminator side. The price is right, too. They're full power units.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Was reviewing the shot show coverage.  Tor-Mini IR VPC seemed to be fairly high interest.  A somewhat budget minded variable power pistol based OTAL.

The xVL2-IRC seemed more interesting, but it’s price point is highly questionable.  It is like a pistol MAWL with a bonus white light-but with an msrp of $1350 it misses the budget for many-plus no real indication if it is carbine friendly.  Honestly while it does have the red laser, other than that it is very much like the streamlight released last year.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:33:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Waiting for my XVL2-IRC to ship, should be nice.

TNVC has a small cheap LAM coming soon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
PERST lasers out of Russia are fantastic on both IR laser and illuminator side. The price is right, too. They're full power units.
View Quote
Just know that when something goes wrong, you are paying to send it back to Russia like me.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just for aiming, or with a built in illumination, and define cheap?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Waiting for my XVL2-IRC to ship, should be nice.

View Quote
I thought they said the pre sale was going to be during shot show?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Dealer pre-sales only at this point (that is, in reality, what SHOT Show is for), but commercial pre-sales will be coming soon here.

~Augee
View Quote
Any teasers as to what we can expect?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 4:55:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just know that when something goes wrong, you are paying to send it back to Russia like me.
True but with impressive performance and half the price of a MAWL you'll still be saving money if you do have to send it back. I had to warranty my Perst 2, which made my total out of pocket an additional thirty bucks. Since it was replaced it's been performing reliably

Buy from a reputable source like Ivan Tactical or Bear Optics and you'll be GTG. They sell to the military community and have adopted US style high end customer service
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:45:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top