Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2020 11:38:59 PM EDT
Seems like the only two options are clamping it directly to the barrel (which could potentially affect accuracy) or drilling into the fore end to add a stud (which I would rather avoid).

Are there other solutions I’m overlooking?

Edit: The Magpul backpacker stock not the hunter.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 12:26:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I have tried a bipod and a scope mounted on the receiver.

Too much flex.  No matter how tight the barrel lockup... you won't be able to shoot a decent group.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have tried a bipod and a scope mounted on the receiver.

Too much flex.  No matter how tight the barrel lockup... you won't be able to shoot a decent group.
View Quote
Are you using the factory barrel? I’m wondering if something like a TacSol barrel will be heavy enough to mitigate the flex.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one with the factory barrel and one Tacsol barrel.

Same problem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem with the takedown 10/22s is that no matter how tight you get it to lock up it will never be as stable as the regular versions.  This becmes very apparent when shooting from a bench or with a bipod.  For general plinking/hunting though it works fine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:56:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I do have a take down, but I haven't shot it yet,
so I can't speak to that part of the OP's question.

All of my 10/22's have polymer stocks & I have
added short magpul pic rails to the bottom front
of the forearms & I have a couple of pic rail bipods.

I can easily install bipods whenever I need them,
and remove them for transport, etc, and they are
not dedicate to each rifle.

I also added the pic rails to all of my AR's for the
same thing.

Cheap, easy & effective.

I don't remember what brand mine are but here
is an example.

Primary Arms
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If you take-down the 10/22TD you'll quickly notice how little meat the barrel extension has on it, and the whole barrel is levered out past that. There is a hard 90* cut that probably doesn't help with barrel harmonics. I'd bet the heavier contours perform WORSE under bipod loading.

When I shoot mine I set the gun up so it's resting on bags right at the joint between the two halves and I don't bear down on the rifle. If you lean into the gun you can create a repeatable POI shift.

I still like my TD but it's not the tack driver I wanted it to be, more like a fun plinker. Looking at the RAR-LRT or a CZ to scratch that itch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top