Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2021 8:21:55 PM EDT
I was thinking about eventually getting a Henry Frontier Model Threaded Barrel 24? (.22 LR) for use with a suppressor.

I already have a nice threaded bolt action, but thought it looks fun too.

Anyone have experience with this rifle?

It looks fun, but a 7 lbs looks pretty heavy for a .22.

Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Not shot one but I would believe the 7lb weight is a plus. Make it feel like a real rifle, IOW.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:52:49 AM EDT
[#2]
While its a step in the direction I want, its kinda annoying.

Either develop a loading gate for 22lr, or space the cartridge tube far enough to not bang into a 22lr can on the end.

This whole small tube thing is just a bizarre half measure.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I too have looked at these. Henry’s are nice because they do feel like real rifles. That model with a 24 inch barrel would be a great pairing with CCI Quite 22s. Even without a suppressor these would be very quiet. My standard Henry 22. Lever gun is the most accurate 22 I’ve ever owned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top