Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2022 2:57:27 PM EDT
Looking for a simple chest rig and the T.Rex Ready Rig caught my eye. Just wondering if anyone is using one and your thoughts on it. I've also been eyeing the ATS Low Profile Chest Harness.

Not wanting to spend a fortune but want something well built and US made. Mainly need it to carry a few extra 5.56 mags, small light and phone or radio; stuff I don't want to put on my battle belt.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, it rolls up nice when full and loads into a back pack
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I also have an extra unused one if your wanting one.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had a ready rig since day 1 of launch. I'm not using it in any capacity other than larping, my thoughts in no particular order.

If you have been lifting for years I would just straight up say don't buy the ready rig. The muscle in your pecs and lats combined with the taper of your torso will cause mags to tilt at odd angles and print horribly, this can be minimized by wearing the rig lower but this causes other problems. I tried 20 round mags with a more traditional ride height as well and that just made pulling mags from the rig a nightmare.

The readyrig makes me sweat horrendously compared to other larger chest rigs.

The elastic cells have no bungie retention, but that's not a problem unique to the ready rig alone. Sometimes you may find the contents of a cell squeezed out from the bottom up like a tube of toothpaste. In my experience the chance of yeeting the contents of a cell increases drastically if the cell is either too full or not full enough.

Reindexing mags is basically impossible all over the rig.

The pistol mag sized cells suck, glock mags are like a hotdog down a hallway and cat tourniquets maul your skin if turned inwards and catch everything if turned outwards.

Its a well made piece of gear and seems well thought out but I found it for the most part unusable mainly due to the shape of my torso.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also have an extra unused one if your wanting one.
View Quote

Would you be ok posting pics of it?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
It’s brand new in original packing
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#6]
@gunner76  Depending on how much you want to keep in it look at the spiritus bank robber ( I think mine has 3 mags, med stuff in the strong side & a TQ); I picked up on off the EE for pretty cheap.    If I was redoing I'd probably do one of these instead:  https://unobtainiumgear.com/products/dank-robber-chest-rig

I like the increased carrying options of the unobtainium rig & the closed pouches/pistol mag options.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top