Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2021 1:24:27 PM EDT
Hey all. I got an American Ranch in 350 and looking to upgrade the stock. I see Boyd’s now has an option for those that use AR mags and have the cut out appropriately. Just wondering if anyone tried one and if more fitting was required. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m interested in this as well. My $600 COVID check came yesterday & I.’m considering getting one.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought a RAR in 7.62x39 and I havent even fired it yet because the stock is fucking hot garbage. They design a rifle specifically for optics and then design a stock that puts your eye right behind the action at least an inch too low. They really did a piss poor design job on the stock and without bottom metal we’re kind of out of luck for a replacement. They know they fucked up because if you watch the Ruger promo video they have a stock pack on it.

Im open to suggestions before I sell this thing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a RAR in 7.62x39 and I havent even fired it yet because the stock is fucking hot garbage. They design a rifle specifically for optics and then design a stock that puts your eye right behind the action at least an inch too low. They really did a piss poor design job on the stock and without bottom metal we’re kind of out of luck for a replacement. They know they fucked up because if you watch the Ruger promo video they have a stock pack on it.

Im open to suggestions before I sell this thing.
View Quote

You can swap out the Ruger magwell for the AR magwell and use x39 AR mags (several youtube videos out there). Theoretically you could use the Boyd stock and x39 AR mags...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:06:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ive seen that. Mag availability isnt too much of a problem with Mini30 mags. The problem is the stock itself. The comb is too low and LOP too short.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top