Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2018 1:39:01 PM EDT
I know they are hard to find.  Been looking for years.  I need one with the original red finish.  I have a hungarian or polish stock and its just not the same. I looked at liberty tree and a few other places
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure how original the red finish is. I think the red finish is from the refurb program. I have a 1945 M44 that came from Russia (not the Ukraine) and the stock is not red.

For comparison a 1942 91/30 that did go through the refurb program

Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine is a post 45 Russian.  Looked like the rifle on the bottom. Rifle got dropped from a deer stand and stock destroyed .
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#3]
There's one on Ebay for $100.  I remember seeing somewhere there is a recipe online for coming real close to that Russian Red if you want to refinish a stock.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:19:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good.  i will cruise ebay.   Maybe I will find one today at the gun show
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Sent you an IM, I've got a spare stock but stock needs to be refinished. Also have top handguard
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#6]
DSpoke with crazy about his awesome offer but I am still on the hunt for an original.  Any idea why you can find the top hanguard all day and no butt stocks?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top