Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2021 10:50:22 AM EDT
I am pissed I have been buying Winchester branded 55 and 62 grain Lake City and Federal XM-193 from Academy snd NONE of it runs in my AUG
That thing chews up steel cased and any other 5,56
Very disappointed
It is failing to extract and throws the empty into the front of the barrel and new round is stuck coming up feed ramp
I even tried adverse setting no joy
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried cartridges from a different lot?

Does it work in other firearms (AR-15, Tavor, MDRx, etc.)?
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I fired some through my X95 and AR SBR. Shoots about the same as when Federal operated Lake City. Groups around 2 1/2". No malfunctions with either rifle.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s just the AUG I was wondering if anyone shot this in this platform
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have other magazines you could try?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably a bad lot. Lake city just changed hands late last year from northrup to winchester, so expect hiccups.
Hopefully winchester doesnt fuck everything up too bad.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 12:28:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Be careful with that stuff. Check your lot numbers. Kaboom thread.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 8:07:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Had that very same problem, turned out it was not the ammunition. It was my extractor claw that broke. Couldn’t tell until I took it apart and looked at it closely. It broke off just enough of the extractor claw. It wasn’t  really apparent until I put it next to the new one. After I replaced it, I bought a Ratworx hybrid bolt that uses AR15 internals. The hybrid bolt is a straight drop in swap out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top